Article posted Feb 03 2012, 4:52 PM Category: Commentary Source: InformationLiberation Print

David Stanley, RIP

Chris | InformationLiberation

I'm not quite sure how to say this, but I've just received word long time InfoLib poster David Stanley aka Dave has reportedly passed. His girlfriend says he committed suicide two days ago on Wednesday, February 1st.

I didn't always understand his posts, but he loved the site and with 4204 comments he was our most prolific poster, he had a lot of friends who posted here as well.

I'm absolutely devastated by this news, he's been posting since 2007, he was posting just the other day on 1/19, I'm not really sure what to think...

RIP, Dave, I hope you're in a better place now, you will be missed!

- Chris, InfoLib

Update: Here's a poem in Dave's honor from FriendStacy:
Friday, February 3, 2012
be at peace my dear friend
17 april 2010

poem for dave
by friendstacy

threats and intimidation are the only weapons bullies have.
those threats only work to control and manipulate us if we become afraid.

it's all the same,
whether it's the government and their armies.
the bankers and their money.
the church and their divine punishment, hell, or karma.
the courts and their laws.

they demand obedience, OR ELSE!
cowards.

only cowards could support a system based upon fear.
a system based upon threats and intimidation,
punishments and rewards,
a system designed to prevent people
from thinking for themselves
and making their own decisions.

it was real hard to talk about things
that disagreed with the mass mind-control propaganda,
the so-called "public opinion" created by media
and schools and churches
and all the other abusive institutions of societal control.
but dave wasn't afraid.
i'm not afraid anymore.
thanks dave!

- Ranchers vs. Regulators: The Clark County Range War
- Bundy, the Senecas and Fighting for Sovereignty
- Tax Day: What Kind of "Civilization" Are We Paying For?
- Justice Should be Blind, Not Crazy

Posted: Feb 03 2012, 5:21 PM

=[ thanks stacy!

Posted: Feb 03 2012, 5:22 PM

69138 RIP Dave.
TimAng

Posted: Feb 03 2012, 5:53 PM

damn. dave was a great guy.
WMCritest

Posted: Feb 03 2012, 10:57 PM

92239 Many thanks Chris.

I believe this place was a spiritual and cathartic home for Dave.

A gentleman passed this way.

WM
WMCritest

Posted: Feb 03 2012, 11:11 PM

92239 Sorry, TY to all, too, particularly friendstacy.

WM
1stcleanharry

Posted: Feb 04 2012, 5:05 AM

Hi Dave,
Always liked to read what you wrote.
Intelligence put to good use, is a rare thing to find these days.
I and many others will certainly miss you, i'm sure.
Rest in peace my friend.

Harry Hood.

Posted: Feb 04 2012, 7:18 AM

I dreamt Dave posted in this thread and said it was all a big misunderstanding and everything's fine =[ I'm really going to miss you Dave =[
Peter

Posted: Feb 04 2012, 8:15 AM

8067 Sadly I have to report that Dave isn't the only person who understands
the grave situation humankind is in that has taken his own life ..
I have lost several good friends to suicide the last couple of years,
all because they lost faith in the future of our species ..
And they where not teenagers suffering from 'existential angst', some of them even had teenage-children :(

I know it's not 'easy' to decide to end your own life, despite what some may think it's NOT the cowards way out, but .. I wish you hadn't !!
friendstacy

Posted: Feb 04 2012, 8:22 AM

if dave ended his own life, it's only because the beast is dying and he had no enemy left to fight. he wouldn't have ever willingly given up the fight otherwise.

Posted: Feb 04 2012, 8:38 AM

78151 I knew Dave personally and from the OBU forum, where at one time he was a prolific poster. I reproduce below a little of my own comment from the forum together with a quote fro Dave:

I reproduce below, for the second time in two years, Dave’s first contribution to the OBU forum from December 2005 and now sadly his final contribution. He refers to the earlier MBS forum:

"I thought I would say hi to all. It has been quite a journey of discovery for me, one that started originally with a knock at the door.

I knew something was very wrong back then, but when I went in search of the others, I could not have been prepared for the human carnage I found.

I needed answers, and some two years on, I am a little wiser, in fact I did nearly all of my growing up during my time on the board.

For all the carnage and despair where a state had turned savagely on its people, I learnt from everyone I met, what was said, and sometimes from listening to my own rants realising what I should have said instead of what I had said.

It should never of course have happened, but it was a privilege to have met the people I did."

The impression I got of Dave, from his contributions to this forum, was he was a man of immense compassion. When fighting my own case he gave me useful advice and was prepared to be there for me at my trial. I had conversations with him on phone and met him at the trial of Jim Bates at Leicester Crown Court.
There must be evil people in control to treat this gentle man in the way he is being treated.
And the last word from Dave:

"The hope for this sad nation, lies in the hearts of its people. Be strong, for whatever your thoughts, you have a right to them, and that is what is and should be special about life."

R.I.P Dave Stanley
_________________
WMCritest

Posted: Feb 04 2012, 8:42 PM

92239 The man who, fearlessly, hunted monsters ...

The hunt goes on, my friend.

WM
youn

Posted: Feb 04 2012, 10:02 PM

96255 RIP dave
Gary F

Posted: Feb 05 2012, 12:45 AM

184229 Dave busted my ass more than once on this site. I didn't know him, but he must have been going through a lot. Events like this always remind us to be thoughtful of one another. You never know what someone is having to bear...God bless u, Dave.

Posted: Feb 05 2012, 3:52 PM

Thanks for posting that great pic WMCritest, I added it to the post.
WMCritest

Posted: Feb 05 2012, 9:22 PM

92239 My (albeit bitter) pleasure.

WM

Posted: Feb 06 2012, 4:03 AM

193200 Have you googled WMCritest ?

Yuk !!!
Stephen

Posted: Feb 06 2012, 7:39 AM

Goodbye Dave :(
friendstacy

Posted: Feb 06 2012, 9:09 AM

i refuse to believe dave is really gone unless/until someone can either confirm or deny the rumor is true. quite possibly i'm just in denial and shock, doesn't really matter at this point to me. one weird email from a woman he never mentioned to me who says she is his girlfriend doesn't make a fact.

thank you much WM for sharing that photo of dave. when i met him, he was much thinner and had aged at least twenty years (not surprising considering his circumstances). who else but dave, who had no income, would come all the way to tennessee from england just to keep me company?
WMCritest

Posted: Feb 06 2012, 9:48 AM

92239 Dear Anon,

Which (whatever the truth about me may be) only goes to show what a great man Dave was, to be my friend.

TY for enabling that, but, please stop sullying this thread with your prejudices (email me if you want to deal with those).

I will not comment to you (or others), on that issue, further,.

WM