Trooper Filmed 'Brutally Beating Woman On Side Of California Highway' But Authorities Say It Was For Her Own 'Protection'By Lydia Warren
A California trooper has been filmed brutally beating a woman on the side of a highway - but authorities claimed he simply stopped her for her own safety.
A passing motorist recorded the unidentified California Highway Patrol officer as he punched the woman at least 11 times in the head along the 10 Freeway in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
On the video uploaded to YouTube, the woman can be seen trying to protect herself by putting up her hands but she does not appear to resist the trooper.
'The most animalistic, most brutal way to subdue someone is to pound someone's head into the concrete with really big blows to the head,' witness David Diaz told ABC7.
'There was no weapons - it's obviously excess force,' he continued. 'He starts really letting loose... He starts pounding down on her face really hard. He doesn't try to grab her hands first.'
The video captured on Diaz's cell phone shows him slowing down for a traffic stop as a woman can be seen heading towards the median on the freeway.
The officer approaches her before he forces her to the ground and pins her down, repeatedly hitting her while Diaz and his fellow car passengers gasp in horror.
Eventually another man - later identified by the CHP as a plain clothes officer - approaches the trooper and helps handcuff the woman.
Speaking to ABC7, the CHP said the officer had ordered the woman to stop walking but she ignored him and fearing she would be hurt, the officer tried placing her under arrest.
Latest Tyranny/Police State
- Dash Cam Video Shows Seattle Cop Falsified Charge Against Elderly Man Walking Down Street
- Man Peacefully Walking During MLK Day Rally Blasted with Pepper Spray by Cop
- Another Reason Uber Gets Banned: DUIs Are An Essential Revenue Stream
- Video Released of Police Killing Mentally Ill Teenage Girl in Police Department Lobby
- IRS Shuts Down Another High-Profile Asset Forfeiture Case, Gives $447,000 Back To Its Rightful Owners
- Case Dismissed Against Officer Who Shot & Killed 7-Year-Old As She Slept, During Botched Raid
- Cops Arrest Public Defender For Attempting To Do Her Job
- Police Officer Who Fired Stun Gun At 61-Year-Old Woman Suspended Without Pay For 1 Month
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which in some cases has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for the purposes of news reporting, education, research, comment, and criticism, which constitutes a 'fair use' of such copyrighted material in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users.