Austrian Economics: Understand Economics, Understand the World

Analysis posted Dec 13 2013, 1:50 AM Category: Tyranny/Police State Source: InformationLiberation Print

Cop Hits Female College Basketball Player Walking On Crosswalk With Patrol Car, Cited For 'Failure To Yield,' Pays $135 Fine

Chris | InformationLiberation

From NESN:
An Ohio Wesleyan women’s basketball player is recovering from a concussion she sustained after she was hit by a police car. Caroline Welker, a junior at OWU, was walking across the street early Thanksgiving morning when she was struck by a Delaware police cruiser as the officer turned left into the crosswalk, according to NBC4.

Officer Mark Jackson was responding to a disturbance call and reportedly didn’t see Welker in the crosswalk. “I have a concussion, and I’m really sore,” Welker told NBC4.

“But thankfully no broken bones.” Jackson was cited for failure to yield to a pedestrian and paid a $135 fine.

- Man Arrested On Felony Drug Charge as Revenge For Lawsuit
- Pennsylvania Court Makes Dashcam Videos Public Record
- Cop Charged in 36 Counts of Rape Wants Taxpayers to Pay Defense
- School Cop Tells 16-Yr-Old Student He "Ruined His Life" By Smoking Pot Before Homecoming Dance, Student Commits Suicide
- Cops Dodge Warrant Requirement by Grabbing Two Weeks of Data, But Entering Only 6 Hours of It as Evidence
- VIDEO: Dashcam Refutes Cop's Story of "Fearing For His Life," Shows Him Taser Man For Parking Ticket
- Woman Called 911 to Report Stolen Wallet, Crazed Cop Showed Up and Beat Her Unconscious
- Use-of-Force Report Finds NYPD Completely Uninterested in Policing Itself

Posted: Dec 13 2013, 2:39 AM

98198 I fully expected to hear the cop say, "STOP RESISTING STOP RESISTING" - as he kicked and tasered the victim.

Posted: Dec 13 2013, 4:58 PM

@nonymous 98198 - you're hilarious!

People make mistakes - that's my view on this story. Perhaps, the officer should apologize to the B-Ball player?

Posted: Dec 13 2013, 6:40 PM

68107 true people make mistakes but when they cost life or limb and when cops do it and citizens do it why the different treatment?just happened here in san diego except the woman was in a wheelchair.oops I made a mistake.f.y..

Posted: Dec 14 2013, 12:06 AM

@dougo, had the officer been placed on "administrative leave," would you be happier?

dougo, I'd like to meet you in person. Both, you, and, I, live in California, plus, I'm only 4 hours away from San Diego.... What do you say? call me (559)-592-6211, or, respond here on info. lib. Forgive my boldness, but, your typing the phrase: "true people make mistakes," caught my eye.

Posted: Dec 14 2013, 3:24 AM

68107 come to I.B.anytime I,m not hard to find,

Posted: Dec 14 2013, 4:57 AM

82145 While making mistakes is understandable , breaking the law is a CRIME & as such should be punishable in the same way regardless of who you are . This site is littered with examples of LEOs getting special treatment , look 'em up before you start siding with criminals ! The treatment regularly meted out by LEOs for minor infractions of the law make it all the more obvious where favouritism lies . It lies with the ENFORCERS .
Gold 2 bits

Posted: Dec 15 2013, 6:02 AM

17444 This cop should have been given the breathalyzer to see if he was drunk or immediately drug tested.

Posted: Dec 15 2013, 8:59 PM

@Gold 2 bits, I doubt the officer was under the influence. Had he been impaired, the outcome would have been different.

dougo, you overestimate my abilities. Though, should you ever decide to "pick-my-brain," (so to speak) you now have the means to do so.

@irishpete, laws are universal, they can't be broken, (well, not in sense that you write of them.) Sorry, I can't offer you more. I'm not a de-programmer, and, (from your posts) what you seem concerned with for this country, will work out in manner, that you'll find favorable.

As much as I detest police, I'll stand by my notion, that this officer made a mistake. However, he also knew what the "oath" he took entailed. I'll leave this to the powers that (shouldn't) be.

Man Arrested On Felony Drug Charge as Revenge For Lawsuit - 10/08School Cop Tells 16-Yr-Old Student He "Ruined His Life" By Smoking Pot Before Homecoming Dance, Student Commits Suicide - 10/07Pennsylvania Court Makes Dashcam Videos Public Record - 10/08Cop Charged in 36 Counts of Rape Wants Taxpayers to Pay Defense - 10/08Greenwald: Obama Cannot Simply Apologize For Committing War Crimes - 10/08The Gender Wage Gap -- A Myth That (Still) Just Won't Die - 10/08Truck Vendors Must Ask Permission From Competitors to Do Business - 10/08"Elections Are Fixed and US Created ISIS," Rage Against The Machine Bassist Lets Them Have It - 10/07

Man Follows Speeding Cop, Finds Out He Was Speeding To Buy PeanutsMission Creeps: Homeland Security Agents Confiscate Women's Panties For 'Copyright Infringement'Cop Shoots Couple's Dog, Threatens Jail For Trying To Save Dog's LifeSWAT Team Shoots Teen Girl & Her Dog During Pot Raid On Wrong HomeDurham, NC Cop Testifies Faking 911 Calls To Enter Homes Is "Official Policy"Indiana Sheriff Says US A "War Zone" To Justify New MRAP Military VehicleTampa Cops Surveil Pot Dealer, Catch Him Selling Pot, Raid His Home & Kill Him"You Just Shot An Unarmed Man!": Witness Says Police Shot His Friend With His Hands Up