Article posted Aug 28 2012, 4:53 PM Category: Tyranny/Police State Source: Davy V. Print

75 Year Old Grandmother Held Down At Gunpoint As Police Shoot & Kill Her Dog

by Davy V.

On August 15, 2012 Wayne County Sheriff's deputies, along with Macedon, NY Police broke into 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto's Plank Road home in the town of Walworth, NY, forced her at gunpoint to lay on her bathroom floor, screamed at her to close her eyes and stay down, then executed her dog "Duke."

Minutes earlier, Loquasto, who has had three strokes and a knee replacement, was on her computer when she heard loud smashing sounds, then saw what she described as several men dressed in black with masks on.

As she was laying on her bathroom floor Loquasto could hear the men talking in loud voices.

"The dog hadn't even barked, yet I heard one of them say, he's aggressive, shoot him! I'll never forget the sound of that gunshot and the blood flying everywhere. They did all this while forcing me to lay on the bathroom floor, screaming at me to stay down, and holding me at gunpoint. I couldn't get up if I wanted to. I'm 75 years old, had three strokes and knee replacement, and can hardly walk. There was nothing I could do to help my pet."

Unfortunately, Duke died a slow death.

"They shot him with a shotgun in such a manner that he ran around in pain and bled all over the house and suffered a slow, cruel death. There was no reason for this kind of treatment, they killed my dog for no reason. This was the sweetest and most gentle animal anyone could want, I would trust him with a baby."

As you can see in the photo, Duke did indeed suffer, bleeding out throughout the house, leaving a trail of blood in the hallways, stairs, walls and bedrooms, including on the bed where he used to sleep in.

Trail of blood on Phyllis Loquasto's stairs after her beloved dog "Duke" was shot by WayneNET Task Force officers.

Afterwards, Phyllis Loquasto was taken outside and placed inside a police car for over an hour in the heat.

It was then when officers showed her a search warrant, and it was then that Loquasto realized who these masked men who had just broke into her home, held her at gunpoint, screamed at her and executed her dog were -- police officers.

The 75 year old Loquasto was so afraid, she urinated on herself.

As a filmmaker, writer and activist exposing police misconduct and corruption, hearing stories of police officers abusing and violating innocent citizens' rights is nothing new.

In fact I receive an average of 20-25 calls weekly from people who either themselves, or a loved one, has been abused, harassed, or assaulted by law enforcement.

But I must admit, to hear of a 75 year old lady having been terrorized in her own home by a bunch of rogue, thugs in uniforms and masks, in a "home invasion-like" style, before executing her dog, left me speechless.

I Called Macedon, NY police and asked to speak to a public information officer. The woman who answered the phone asked me "What's that?" I explained to her it's usually a department official who is in charge of communicating with the press.

She replied "We don't have that."

I then proceeded to tell her about the incident with Duke, and before I could finish, she angrily cut me off and said "I'm sure if a grandmother would have been held down at gunpoint, I would have heard about that."

She then abruptly transferred me to the Chief, with whom I left a message on his voicemail.

About an hour later, I received a call from Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella.

After I thanked him for getting back to me, Chief Colella laughed and said "The media campaign continues."

I asked Chief Colella what he meant by that comment, but he completely ignored my question.

I then asked the Chief exactly what law enforcement agencies were present at the Plank Road residence.

Chief Colella said that a search warrant was executed by the Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team (WayneNET) on the residence.

He also said that he is the Task Force Commander.

Chief Colella told me that his task force seized several marijuana plants from the location, which he said belonged to Phyllis Loquasto's grandson.

He explained that the WayneNET team consists of the Wayne County, NY Sheriff's office, Macedon, NY Police, Clyde, NY Police, Lyons, NY Police, Newark, NY, Palmyra, NY Police, Sodus Point, NY Police, Wolcott, NY Police and the Wayne County, NY District Attorney's office.

Chief Colella confirmed that the only person inside the location was 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto.

Having sensed an obvious sense of sarcasm on the Chief's part, with his earlier comment, about the "media campaign continues", as well as what I would describe as the non-chalant, hesitant, and "careful" tone of his voice, not giving many details, I decided to get down to brass tax with the Chief.

I asked him about police officers holding down a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, and it was clear that Chief Colella wasn't comfortable answering my question.

But perhaps more interesting, he never denied officers doing this to Loquasto.

Instead, Chief Colella made sure to choose his words very carefully, stating that all he would say is that she (the grandmother) was "held in place" by officers.

Again, when I asked Chief Colella if in fact officers with his WayneNET task force held a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, Chief Colella replied "I don't care if she is 2 years old or 75 years old."

I think Chief Colella must have realized that his statement would not look good, so he decided to do some 'damage control' by quickly adding "We needed to secure the location and since there was a dangerous animal, we were holding her down for her own safety."

Are you kidding me?

"Dangerous animal?"

"Holding her down for her own safety?"

Duke was her pet!

After a few more minutes of talking with Chief Colella, it became more and more clear that as is common with law enforcement officials, especially in cases of misconduct and abuse, the "cover-up" had already begun, and Chief Colella, along with his WayneNET task force, clearly have their story which they have every intention of sticking to.

Contact Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella and let him know how you feel.

Macedon, NY Police Chief
and WayneNET Commander
John P. Colella
315-986-7103, -7262, -5932
E-mail: jpcolella@rochester.rr.com

WayneNET Sgt.
Roger LaClair
(315) 947-9711

WayneNET
Chief Deputy
Bob Hetzke
(315) 946-9711
__
Davy V. is a Cuban-American Filmmaker, Video Producer, Photographer and Freelance Writer, best known for using the power of video and film to expose Police Brutality, Corruption and Misconduct. Davy V.'s work has been featured in publications such as THE SOURCE Hip Hop Magazine, URBAN AMERICA Magazine, The Ave. Magazine, Insider Magazine, La Voz Newspaper, Minority Reporter Newspaper, CNY LATINO Newspaper, DOWN Magazine, as well as on television news stations, and programs such as CNN and Inside Edition. In addition to his freelance writing, Davy V. also writes a monthly Op/Ed Column for LA VOZ Magazine and Minority Reporter Newspaper.

- No Charges For Cop Filmed Breaking Man's Face For Failure To ID, "Shoulder Thrust" Made Cop Fear For His Safety
- This is What a High School Football Game Looks Like In a Police State
- Very Large Cop Waylays High School Girl, Chaos Ensues After Students Become Angry at the Deputy
- Man Imprisoned For Decades On False Child Molestation Charge Freed After Claim Recanted
- Washington Cop Attempts to Incite Photographer by Invading Personal Space
- Casino Can Steal NJ Man's Home Through Eminent Domain For No Specific Reason, Judge Rules
- Texas Cop Indicted For Stealing Cash Out Of People's Wallets After Asking For ID
- Deputy Tries Using Civil Asset Forfeiture On DVD From Convenience Store, Loses Job

Amanda

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 2:52 PM

7291 Doesnt matter if she was growing plants in her home. They didnt have to shoot a dog that was not attacking them & they didnt have to throw a 75 yr old lady to the ground.
abbey

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 4:01 PM

86176 yhis is down right discusting.id love to give them a taste of what a nasty dog is.this poor lady and poor little duke.any dog in there right mind would bark or growl at an intruder in his or her home and this poor dog did neither and still suffered.this needs sorting

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 4:14 PM

68104 All of that for a couple of pots plants. Wow. I feel for that poor woman. I hope she files a big lawsuit and wins. Big men with their guns. Poor dog had to suffer so needlessly.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 4:24 PM

7461
we are anonymous.
we are legion.
we do not forgive.
we do not forget.
Expect us!

The incompetence and utterly unprofessional behavior of your ridiculous department has come to our attention.
Woe to you, oh woe to you!
Your fascist, Barney Fife-blithering-idiots-masquerading-as-officers are about to be punished as are you. For Terrorizing a senior citizen with pre-existing medical conditions, for the willful callous and sloppy execution of her beloved dog, we, Anonymous find you and your officers guilty! Sentence to be decided at our leisure and discretion. Your days as a law enforcement officer are numbered!

we are anonymous.
we are legion.
we do not forgive.
we do not forget.
Expect us!

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 5:21 PM

70193 Those POC MISERABLE FUCKING BASTARDS need the SAME treatment that that dog got!!!!!!!!!!! And SOMEDAY I hope someone DOES it! I HOPE that poor woman SUES ALL of their miserable filthy asses!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 5:24 PM

70193 THANK YOU!!!!!! ANONYMOUS!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 6:03 PM

8223 These beasts have no soul or self respect and mistakenly believe they are not accountable. I mean, fancy looking yourself in the mirror after this atrocity over a few weeds doing no harm to anyone? They really get a kick out of sadism and will get their just returns in one way or another. Poor little lady and having to witness the suffering of her companion. This world has gone to hell.
Chris C

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 7:20 PM

67189 As an animal lover who wants to become animal officer the officers used a shotgun agasint a pet that is domestic the cops need to be held for there action.

the officer of cheif should be ahsamed as well with the lady hanging out i think she just playing dumb. the media is not playing we need officers train better. there no reason a dog blood should be all over the place at all.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 7:34 PM

166147 Wow thk u officers for a great job!! You must be proud of yourself holdin a old lady down an shooting here dog!I think all of u need a raise,I think all of u need to be fired an never be able to be police again,an spend 2 yrs in jail.People like u make me sick to no end,your family must be real proud of ur actions.Im glad I'm not ur wife if ur married Cus if I was I would leave u fast as I can.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 7:46 PM

75107 sick
Rick

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 8:08 PM

99110 No ! we need to stop sending our police officer's over to terrorist Israel to be trained. When they come back they act just like the terrorist of Israel. New york and Los Angles have sent officers to be trained in Israel. the only result from such a terrorist state is officers who are now trained Israeli terrorist who's head have been filled with anti-Semitic BS.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 8:16 PM

5078 Why you should be armed. Shoot these f**king terrorists when they break down your door.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 8:17 PM

173214 damn police,., doing whatever they feel like doing,., i say no more,., this shit make me sick,.,.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 8:33 PM

64134 Agents of the Crown.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 8:35 PM

6666 Oh noes! They are leegun!

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 8:54 PM

67142 Dear 72179...

...ummm...screw you...take you Tommy-Lee-Jones law enforcement weepy-story and shove it up your ass....are you really going to sit there and attempt to weave this pile-of-shit behavior into some web of legitimate conduct? Two weed plants and an old lady...yes, let's call out the "tactical team" for that...? What an embarrassment you are..! I grew up in a family of corrupt law-enforcement folks..and their friends in blue...and the other guys on the force.....corrupt, corrupt, corrupt, corrupt...all my life...that is all I've seen...corruption,corruption corruption...and even the "honest ones" you try to cling to... so..... desperately....

...even they are corrupt for going along with the corruption...so blow it out your lying, blue-nose...and everyone involved in this debacle...2 years in the state pen..and lawsuits galore....

Regards,

RJ O'Guillory
Author-
Webster Groves-The Life of an Insane Family
george A from toronto canada

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 9:12 PM

98142 Problem is,police hiring insists that X-military with Iraq/Afghastan experience is a major requirement. Hopefully, citizens start frigging the creeps. Once a person becomes part of the police force--they all belong to a cult--If you are not a cop---they suspect you as a criminal--outcast.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 9:14 PM

18457 I know there is 2 sides to every story but really why would they need to kill a 75 year old woman pet? Duke was not only her pet but probably her protector and like a family member to her. How sad, what is this world coming to?

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 10:28 PM

7122 If they did that to me and my dog there would be pieces of those pigs all over the place.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 10:50 PM

108193 If the police ever shot my dog -they better put me away for a long time. Because I would without hesitation hunt them down and kill them . just like that!