Article posted Aug 24 2007, 12:04 AM Category: Resistance Source: Wogan Print

David Icke on Wogan

A powerful interview with David Icke

"We laugh at sheep because sheep just follow the one in front.

'Ah stupid sheep!'

We humans have out sheeped the sheep, because at least the sheep need a sheep dog to keep them in line.

Humans keep each other in line. And they do it by ridiculing or condemning anyone who commits the crime, and that's what its become, of being different.

I had a choice at that point, I could have ended up -- faced with that scale of ridicule -- and ended up shaking in the corner. Or I could have said, as I did, 'laugh, condemn, I don't give a damn. This is me, and if you don't like me, well that's bad news, because this is the only me there is.'

And I refuse to conform and be bowed by the ridicule. And what it does, when you step out of the little box of 'what will other people think?' 'how can I put this in a way that other people won't think I'm crazy?' you then realize how small of a box you've actually been living in!"

Latest Resistance
- This Citizen Gives a Cop a Taste of What Police Harassment Feels Like
- Snowden: 'If I End Up In Chains In Guantanamo I Can Live With That'
- The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz
- Georgia Deputy Surprises Us All By Respecting Constitution
- Bill Maher & Iraq Vet Accuse Glenn Greenwald Of Helpin' The Terrorists
- Lynne and Dick Cheney Confronted on Torture Program
- Glenn Greenwald "Of All The People I Know The One That Is Most At Peace & Happiest Is Edward Snowden"
- Thug Sucker-Punches Convenience Store Owner, Proceeds To Get His A** Beat

Comments 21 - 34 of 34 Add Comment < Page of 2
friendstacy

Posted: Aug 28 2007, 12:00 PM

"it looks to me like there truly was freedom in the beginning. The founding fathers, while not perfect by any means, did try to make this country free but eventually lost."

WHAT???!!! Who was free? The rich white men? Not even they were free, there were so many rules and laws back then, you had to act a certain way, look a certain way, even think a certain way. Anyone breaking the rules was hung or shot or worse...

Certainly the vast majority of my ancestors were never free, and still aren't. We were given the choice between assimilation or genocide, or take the chance of surviving being carted off to concentration camps (oh, pardon me, "reservations"). To take this back to the original topic, we could pretend to be like everyone else, or we could die. If noone is free to be themselves, how can anyone claim to have freedom?

History was written by the winners of war, and is rarely an accurate description of how people really lived.
dave

Posted: Aug 28 2007, 5:58 PM

I read your post about your ancestry friendstacy, I believe it is genetic but I wonder how much it is a native American issue. I think because you have what I call the 'scanner gene' it is native for you to think for yourself so you would always be aware of the prison bars. You mentioned Martin Luther King recently who said:

<I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation...

...I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.">

Additive to your point as he was promptly assassinated by the praetorian guards.

That leads to an issue David Icke raises, stark warnings that 'unbelievably sick people' are running the world as today GWB is declaring war against everyone:

->Iran's nuclear ambitions 'could lead to holocaust'
President Bush warned tonight that Iranís pursuit of the atomic bomb could lead to a nuclear holocaust in the Middle East, and promised to confront Tehran "before it is too late."

->similar at the Telegraph
US will confront Iran's 'murderous activities'

->similar at the Guardian
Bush confronts Iran's 'murderous activities'

Prime minister Gordon Brown is always ignored, the new member of the freak show is French president Nicolas Sarkozy.

The Independent reported a different top story. UK troops were sent to Afghanistan to deal with the Opium trade according to the 'official' nursery story. They have, they have secure record crops again. The CIA will no doubt be laying on additional flights to the region.

There could hardly be more explicit threat against the people, be they American, British, Iranian or wherever. Mr Bush, Mr Sarkozy and by his silence Mr Brown are butchers already soaked in blood.

212375DCx
friendstacy

Posted: Aug 28 2007, 6:58 PM

for me, it is a Native American issue, but that is just one perspective. It's an Human issue, affecting each and every one of us.
dave

Posted: Aug 29 2007, 4:13 AM

The true native American stories were buried by a hollywood conspiracy, just as you said fs; history being written for a time by the victors. The 'trail of tears', the death march and death camps are not lost in American history, rather history is being repeated today.

"The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie. One word of truth outweighs the world." - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

They often say the easiest way to get a child to do something is to tell them not to do it. People are born self-programming, to protect that they are born to question. Especially in present times, it would seem adults have more to learn from children rather than the other way round as children know how to think, they are born with self determination.

"A child is not a vase to be filled, but a fire to be lit." - Rabelais

As for the rogue regimes in the US, UK and France:

"(Propaganda) proceeds by psychological manipulations, character modifications, by creation of stereotypes useful when the time comes - The two great routes that this sub-propaganda takes are the conditioned reflex and the myth" - Jacques Ellul

"It is the absolute right of the state to supervise the formation of public opinion." - Joseph Goebbels

"Propaganda is a soft weapon; hold it in your hands too long, and it will move about like a snake, and strike the other way." - Jean Anouilh

I left off Israel as they have used naked fascism inside and out. Their attempts at propaganda have never been tenable.
friendstacy

Posted: Aug 29 2007, 4:43 AM

It is the absolute right of the state to supervise the formation of public opinion. - Joseph Goebbels

what a frightening quote! but perhaps, it truly is the foremost purpose of the state to supervise the formation of public opinion.

as far as history repeating itself, it will continue to do so until people learn the lessons of past mistakes. That is why I was so upset when nobody wanted to talk about the Bomb on Hiroshima Day, and only one person on this whole wide internet wanted to talk with me about MLK yesterday, on the anniversary of his "Dream" speech.... Seems people would rather pretend it never happened, instead of thinking of history as a warning of things to come and analyzing the situation until we know what not to do so as to avoid repeating those same mistakes over and over and over again.
dave

Posted: Aug 29 2007, 5:14 AM

I think reality is worse than the quote from the Nazi ministry of propaganda. There is a hidden plot, in joining the dots it is in evidence that history is being written in advance as a convergence to a master plan. Some of those sinister forces are coming into view now though hidden corridors of power operating from the UK are easily missed.

Goebbels style manipulations were in play to fake a justification that an indelible mark in history could be laid by nuking Japan. The only open propensity to use such weapons then and since is exercised through the office of the US president.

MLK is a very important story when yet another chance was offered to mankind. It came to light then and before that the CIA had journalists directly on the payroll, not to mention a worldwide network of assassins.

These things should be discussed fs, bring them out into the light. The demons of the past still haunt us and threaten worse. How can wisdom be found if truth isn't told? History must be confronted.
dave

Posted: Aug 29 2007, 5:37 AM

Throughout all the current death and devastation humanity has been spoken for. There are so many people in total despair as their own nation has turned on them. Some have contacted active networks where they have seen their plight is spoken for.

I will seek permission to publish some extracts of some such communications. I had asked some people to write to Ron Paul, not because I believed it would help them, but it would help prove who this man is and what he stands for. I am able to confirm he did not reply and these are issues that I believe are far more important than his political ambitions.

The most profitable part of the demon empire by money and by power is the US Department of Justice. The very name is a lie and although Ron Paul had a fair chance, he is not in my view a man of the people. For what this man has not done I believe he is a threat rather than a promise as the evidence would survive the court of public opinion.

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." - Mohandas Gandhi
friendstacy

Posted: Aug 29 2007, 7:10 AM

contrary as I am, I think Gandhi had it backwards... The best way to serve others is to find yourself. He knew who he was, and that is how he was able to help others. Same with MLK, Jr., and Jesus, and all the others who preached the need for people to look within for their answers.

We each have a choice to make. We can continue to allow other people to define who we are (which, at least in my case, has rarely been a very positive picture), or we can find ourselves through introspection and show the world the beauty and wonder that we find in our hearts. MLK said we need to internalize morality, same thing I'm trying to say, he just had much more beautiful words at his disposal.

As far as Ron Paul is concerned, he isn't any different than any other lawmaker or ruling class elitist. He doesn't believe in my ability to decide for myself the difference between right and wrong. He doesn't believe in any woman's ability to decide for herself whether to allow a fertilized ova the chance to grow into a human being, and the ideology behind such a stand frightens me greatly.
dave

Posted: Aug 29 2007, 8:45 AM

> He doesn't believe in any woman's ability to decide for herself whether to allow a fertilized ova the chance to grow into a human being, and the ideology behind such a stand frightens me greatly.

I always shudder when I hear that topic discussed, I find it sinister. Moving slightly from that point, children through no fault of their own are part of this war. America and Britain continually define and redefine what children are, what rights they can have if any, what right parents have if any etc. I wonder how many Americans realise that about half of the registered sex offenders in America are teenagers.

Ghandi acted like a mirror, demonstrating to the world what the British empire was in part because of what they did to him. UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown recently suggested the empire should be celebrated. The British empire was and remains a villain of the peace.

The scriptwriters of the Pentagon and Whitehouse were not wrong, there is an axis of evil and easily identified by the nations with expansionist agendas.
friendstacy

Posted: Aug 29 2007, 8:52 AM

Children are Human!! That's easy. Well it is for me, anyway, being a mom and all... It is socially unacceptable to treat horses or dogs the way most people treat little kids. Tell me how this makes any sense?
dave

Posted: Aug 29 2007, 9:14 AM

Children are human the truth that simple but all people are part of a political matrix, pawns in a much larger game. Some have a different reality they wish to impose, even worse, they like you to believe in it.

In the UK and US, funded or created organisations are used to mask the real authors of policy though the sinister nature of the so called 'child protection' industry is something people are waking up to.

To you fs a child is a person but the US is run by subversion. In the UK already there are no parents, only surrogates for the state. I would expect in the US that more power is stolen by the word 'child' than the word 'terrorist'.

It is quite illuminating just to follow the money. In the UK most of the funding of 'child advocates' comes directly from local and foreign governments. It is the same in America; the DOJ directly funds fake academic reports.
friendstacy

Posted: Aug 29 2007, 9:47 AM

we don't have to play that game, you know. we are taught to believe that you either control people or be controlled by people, but there is a third way.... autonomy! respect! freedom!!!
dave

Posted: Aug 29 2007, 9:56 AM

Just to hear someone say that is reason to smile here. Please keep saying it, it is now on the list of quotes:

" we are taught to believe that you either control people or be controlled by people, but there is a third way.... autonomy! respect! freedom!" - friendstacy
reflex

Posted: Mar 22 2011, 5:53 AM

Is there anyone who's going to go to David Icke's shows that are coming up? I've found out some information about them which may be of important to anyone who is intending on going.
Comments 21 - 34 of 34 < Page of 2