YouTube Shuts Down All Syrian State Channels as Idlib Assault BeginsZero Hedge
Sep. 10, 2018
'Truly A Miracle': Five-Yr-Old Boy Thrown From MOA Balcony Has 'Zero Evidence of Brain Damage,' Mostly Broken Bones
Media Threatens to Dox Microsoft Employee Who Said Execs Are 'Awarded' For Discriminating Against White & Asian Men
Dems Suggest Sri Lanka Bombings Were An Attack On 'Easter Worshippers,' Not 'Christians'
BBC News On Sri Lanka Attack: 'Muslims Left Nervous And Afraid'
President Kushner to Present Trump With His Immigration Plan In Coming Days
Syrian state YouTube channels have been shut down this morning just as the Syrian Army's ground offensive has officially begun.
This includes the following now terminated Syrian state and pro-government channels: Syrian Presidency, Syria MoD (Ministry of Defense), SANA, and Sama TV. This follows YouTube reportedly closing Syria's Ortas News last week.
It is unclear whether or not the action is part of a broader move among US social media companies to close "Iran-linked" accounts, or if directly connected to events now rapidly unfolding in Idlib.
A number of Syria observers say the account closures could be connected with potential US plans for military action in response to the Syria-Russian forces air and ground attack on Idlib.
This news comes just as CENTCOM chief Gen. Joseph Dunford said on Saturday the Pentagon is preparing "military options" and is in "routine dialogue" with the White House concerning a potential military response.
Meanwhile Syrian-British journalist Danny Makki, currently tracking events on the ground in Syria, reports: "Huge bombardment in Idlib today by Syrian Forces, over 60 different locations targeted. Shelling all along the frontlines of North Hama also."
"The Idlib offensive will be one of the most complicated, most followed internationally & potentially one of the bloodiest battles of the Syria war," Makki describes further.