UN Team Reveals Mass Rape, Cannibalism and Dismemberment in Congo WarBy JULIAN ROBINSON
The Daily Mail
Jul. 07, 2018
Maryland: Cops Shoot Man to Death In His Home For Resisting Gun Confiscation
Utopia On The Horizon As California Dems Gain Veto-Proof Majority
'We Love You, Angela!' Migrants Say They're Trekking to Europe Because They 'Love The Lifestyle'
France, Google And Facebook Push For Worldwide Hate Speech Regulation
Report: Trump Preparing to Oust Do-Nothing Immigration Dove Kirstjen Nielsen From DHS
Horrific atrocities including mass rape and cannibalism are taking place in a war in the Democratic Republic of Congo, according to a UN report.
Testimony from the country's Kasai region included boys being forced to rape their mothers, little girls being told witchcraft would allow them to catch bullets, and women forced to choose gang-rape or death.
Both rebels and government troops have committed atrocities during the conflict including dismemberment of civilians, according to accounts published by a team of U.N. human rights experts who said the world must pay heed.
The team investigating a conflict in the region told the U.N. Human Rights Council last week that they suspected all sides were guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity.
[...]'What happened in the Kasai simply beggars description,' Congo's Human Rights Minister Marie-Ange Mushobekwa told the Council.
'One victim told us that in May 2017 she saw a group of Kamuina Nsapu militia, some of whom sported female genitals (clitorises and vaginas) as medals,' the report said.
'Some witnesses recalled seeing people cutting up, cooking and eating human flesh, including penises cut from men who were still alive and from corpses, especially FARDC, and drinking human blood.'