Sunday February 14th, 2010
|How an Economy Grows and Why It Doesn't
posted 02/14/2010, 10:37 AM (Irwin Schiff)|
This book superbly explains economics in a simple and easy to understand comic book format, it's a work of genius which if read and understood by everyone would restore economic freedom and prosperity practically overnight. - Chris, InfoLib
With wit and humour Schiff explains:
1. The roots of economic growth.
2. The economic benefits of underconsumption.
3. Where savings come from.
4. Why economic growth is dependant on savings.
5. How consumer spending stiffels economic growth.
6. How capital is created.
7. How governments destroy capital.
6. The four uses of capital.
9. How capital benefits even those who don't have any.
10. The destructive nature of consumer credit.
11. How free enterprise forces capitalists, no matter how mean and greedy, to benefit society, if they want to get richer.
12. Why government can not expand credit.
13. How the federal government loots society's limited store of savings.
14. How the Federal Reserve operates as the U.S. Government's partner in crime.
15. Where inflation comes from and why prices go up.
16. How the government creates unemployment.
17. The myth of government "jobs" programs.
18. Why most politicians are deceivers, (this of course will not be news to many, but this book will allow you to cite chapter and verse.)
19. How the U.S. government destroys America's ability to produce.
20. Plus a whole lot more!
Read the book! ... (more)
|Senate Jobs Bill Contains Patriot Act Extension
posted 02/14/2010, 10:37 AM (CQ Politics)|
The Senate may vote on a second temporary extension of several controversial counterterrorism authorities as part of the jobs bill unveiled Thursday.
The draft bill carries language that would extend until Dec. 31 three expiring provisions of the antiterrorism law known as the Patriot Act.
The three provisions were set to expire at the end of 2009. But neither House nor Senate Democratic leaders evinced any appetite for tackling a substantive rewrite of the law last... (more)
How a Tyranny Grows.