Fmr NBC News Reporter Says Medics Told Her 'Police Forced Them to Stop Working On' Heather Heyer Which 'Led to Her Death'

Chris Menahan
Aug. 15, 2019

Former NBC News reporter Mary Emily O'Hara said Monday that she "had exclusive interviews with medics who said state police forced them to stop working on [Heather Heyer] after the crash -- which they believed led to her death" but her story was "canceled" by her employer.

"The week Heather Heyer died, I had exclusive interviews with medics who said state police forced them to stop working on her after the crash — which they believed led to her death," O'Hara said. "The piece was canceled by my employer at the time, but I'll never forget what those medics told me."

She said the story was "canceled because Jerry Lewis died that week and the network decided to run tributes instead of news for that hour."

O'Hara said that she "wasn't allowed to take the story elsewhere and sadly, it went unreported."

"With so much interest in this story being told, I just wanted to let everyone know I've started reaching back out to try to talk with the medics that worked on Heather Heyer right after the crash to see if they are still interested in sharing their version of events," O'Hara said in a follow-up tweet.

"Please bear with me, I'm a now-unemployed journalist with nowhere near the resources of a major news network and it's been two years since I spoke with anyone. But I'm trying!"

As a reminder, an independent review team reported in their 220-page report on Charlottesville that Police Chief Al Thomas effectively ordered police to stand down and allow the two sides to fight in order to "declare an unlawful assembly."

As VICE News reported:
“Let them fight.” That directive from the police chief as the violence started to unfold was only part of the massive failure of the response to the “Unite the Right rally” in Charlottesville, according to a searing 220-page report by an independent review team released Friday.

[...]Virginia State Police were told that their job was to protect Emancipation Park, where the statue of Robert E. Lee was located. Charlottesville officers were told that they were only to “intervene in serious violence, violence where someone would be seriously hurt or killed,” Heaphy said.

When things began to escalate, with white supremacist groups openly clashing with antifa and other counterprotesters, Charlottesville police leadership responded sluggishly, according to the report.

Upon witnessing the first signs of open violence, Police Chief Al Thomas said “Let them fight, it will make it easier to declare an unlawful assembly’,” according to his personal assistant’s account to investigators. Thomas didn’t recall making that statement but did concede he wanted to wait to see how things played out.
This is the only video I can find of paramedics working on Heyer because YouTube has censored absolutely everything related to the event and disabled "upload by date" and "view count" search parameters so you can only get filtered content from the MSM. There is at least one more video of her being carried away on a stretcher.

If the police's actions "led to" Heather Heyer's death just as their decision to effectively stand down led to the violent clashes and the media covered it up that would be an absolutely massive story.

Follow InformationLiberation on Twitter, Facebook, Gab and Minds.

All original InformationLiberation articles CC 4.0

About Us - Disclaimer - Privacy Policy