France: Louvre Terrorist Was 'Egyptian National Traveling On Tourist Visa'

Chris Menahan
InformationLiberation
Feb. 03, 2017

If only there was some way this attack could have been prevented...

From the BBC:
French authorities say they believe the man who tried to attack the Louvre museum in the capital Paris on Friday was a 29-year-old Egyptian man.

Prosecutor Francois Molins said he is thought to have travelled to Paris from Dubai on a tourist visa last month.

Police are trying to establish if the man acted alone or under instructions, he added.

The machete-wielding attacker was critically injured after he was shot by French soldiers in a bid to stop him.

One of the soldiers received minor injuries when the man tried to enter the museum.

At the time of the incident, hundreds of visitors were inside the Louvre, which is home to numerous celebrated art works, including the Mona Lisa.

President Francois Hollande praised the soldiers' actions, saying "this operation prevented an attack whose terrorist nature leaves little doubt".

He told reporters at an EU summit in Malta on Friday that he expected the suspect to be questioned "when it is possible to do so".

Prosecutor Molins said the Egyptian man had no identity papers but mobile phone data showed he had arrived in Paris on 26 January after acquiring a one-month tourist visa in Dubai.
If only they had an actual Muslim ban like President Trump proposed during the primaries.

Fortunately for Marine Le Pen, she had the foresight to vocally support Trump's travel ban just a few days ago.

Follow InformationLiberation on Twitter and Facebook.













All original InformationLiberation articles CC 4.0



About Us - Disclaimer - Privacy Policy