Iran Claimed Months Ago US Paid a Ransom, Nobody ListenedRuss Read
The Daily Caller
Aug. 05, 2016
Christian Refugee Returns to Syria: 'I Was Scared When I Saw How Many Refugees Openly Pledged to ISIS'
Orban: 'The Youth of Western Europe Will Live to See When They Become a Minority in Their Own Country And Lose the Only Place in the World to Call Home'
GOP Says Voting Machines 'Miscalibrated' in District Lamb Won, Saccone Votes Switched to Lamb
'The Boer Project': Swedish Documentary Shows 'Reverse Apartheid' in South Africa
Parkland Students Rally in Israel and Dubai to Demand Gun Control in America
The Obama administration has spent the last several days claiming that a $400 million cash payment to the Islamic Republic of Iran had nothing to do with the coinciding release of four American hostages, but Iranian officials stated quite the opposite seven months ago.
"This money was returned for the freedom of the U.S. spy [Jason Rezaian] and it was not related to the [nuclear] negotiations," said Iranian Brig. Gen. Mohammad Reza Naqdi, the head of Iran's paramilitary Basij force, in January. Jason Rezaian, a reporter for the Washington Post, was one of the four American hostages released by the Islamic Republic.
The Daily Caller News Foundation had previously reported on the alleged ransom in January. At the time, the event was considered a prisoner swap, as the U.S. had agreed to release seven Iranian nationals in custody for violating U.S. sanctions. President Barack Obama described the swap as a "good day" and the result of "strong American diplomacy."