Iraq War Vet Shoots His 14-Yr-Old Step Daughter Sneaking Into Their HouseThe Daily Mail
Dec. 25, 2013
NY Times Reporter Accuses White Women of Having 'Racist' Walking Habits
Antifa Activist Yvette Felarca Charged With Assault, Rioting For Role In 2016 Sacramento Capitol Brawl
Germany: Syrian Hairdresser Hailed As 'Model of Integration' Slits His Female Employer's Throat
Assange: 'CIA Not Only Armed Syria's Insurgents--It Paid Their Salaries'
Evergreen Student Told She's 'Not Allowed to Speak Because She's White,' Ordered to 'Stand in the Back'
While I don't think he should necessarily be charged, I do find it interesting he was a "decorated war veteran," aka a killer for the U.S. government. - 2nd Lt Daniel Meade, 29, has been identified as the stepfather who shot his daughter in Colorado Springs Monday
- Kiana O'Neil, 14, was entering the home when her stepfather shot her and it's unclear as to whether he mistook her for a burglar
- Police say the girl was struck in the chest and stomach
- Colorado residents are allowed to own guns and fire at intruders as part of the 'Make My Day' law instated in 1985
- It has yet to be decided whether or not charges will be filed against Mr Meade
- Officer served in Iraq and earned a Bronze Star and a dozen other awards in the course of 10 years
The Colorado man who police say shot and killed his 14-year-old stepdaughter after allegedly mistaking her for a burglar has been identified as a highly decorated Army officer.
According to information released to MailOnline Tuesday afternoon by officials at Fort Carson, Colorado, 2nd Lt Daniel Meade has been named in a fatal incident involving his daughter, Kiana O’Neil.
The victim, of Colorado Springs, was gunned down after a burglary was reported at her family's home.
Police spokesman Larry Herbert said the girl's stepfather fired the shot, but said it was unclear if he had mistaken the teen for a burglar.
Mr Meade, 29, is listed as an active-duty health service officer assigned to 1st Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Carson.
Over the course of his decade-long military career, Meade has racked up more than a dozen various awards and commendations, including a Bronze Star, National Defense Service Medal and Global War of Terrorism Service Medal.
According to his military record, Mr Meade is also an Iraq War veteran.