Iraq War Vet Shoots His 14-Yr-Old Step Daughter Sneaking Into Their HouseThe Daily Mail
Dec. 25, 2013
Feminists Say It's 'Racist And Sexist' for Italians to Have Italian Babies
Washington Post Begs Readers: Please Stop Calling Us 'The Media'
Germany: Refugees Brag 'Africans Control The German Girls... We Are The Kings!'
Female Volunteers At Calais Jungle 'Having Sex With Multiple Refugees A Day'
Here's A List Of Lester Holt's Incredibly Biased Questions
While I don't think he should necessarily be charged, I do find it interesting he was a "decorated war veteran," aka a killer for the U.S. government. - 2nd Lt Daniel Meade, 29, has been identified as the stepfather who shot his daughter in Colorado Springs Monday
- Kiana O'Neil, 14, was entering the home when her stepfather shot her and it's unclear as to whether he mistook her for a burglar
- Police say the girl was struck in the chest and stomach
- Colorado residents are allowed to own guns and fire at intruders as part of the 'Make My Day' law instated in 1985
- It has yet to be decided whether or not charges will be filed against Mr Meade
- Officer served in Iraq and earned a Bronze Star and a dozen other awards in the course of 10 years
The Colorado man who police say shot and killed his 14-year-old stepdaughter after allegedly mistaking her for a burglar has been identified as a highly decorated Army officer.
According to information released to MailOnline Tuesday afternoon by officials at Fort Carson, Colorado, 2nd Lt Daniel Meade has been named in a fatal incident involving his daughter, Kiana O’Neil.
The victim, of Colorado Springs, was gunned down after a burglary was reported at her family's home.
Police spokesman Larry Herbert said the girl's stepfather fired the shot, but said it was unclear if he had mistaken the teen for a burglar.
Mr Meade, 29, is listed as an active-duty health service officer assigned to 1st Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Carson.
Over the course of his decade-long military career, Meade has racked up more than a dozen various awards and commendations, including a Bronze Star, National Defense Service Medal and Global War of Terrorism Service Medal.
According to his military record, Mr Meade is also an Iraq War veteran.