Obamacare: All Your Intimate Information Available to (Almost) Anyone
By Mary Theroux
Does it bother you that a 29 year-old high school drop-out and former security guard could “wire-tap” all of your email and phone communications basically on his own authority?
Will it bother you when almost anyone can access your name, birth date, Social Security number, gender, ethnicity, family size, Indian status, incarceration status, veteran status, Peace Corps status, membership in a “recognized religious sect or health care sharing ministry,” email addresses, telephone numbers, health records, health insurance and premium information, and income, including IRS tax return information and Social Security income, as well as financial information from other third-party sources?
A massive database now being constructed to enforce Obamacare will capture all that and more. And the information in this “Federal Data Services Hub” won’t be available only to the 3 1/2 million people who hold confidential/secret clearances, or the 1.4 million people with top-secret security clearance. According to a filing by the Department of Health and Human Services, a wide range of people, including “agency contractors, consultants, or grantees” who “need to have access to the records” to help run Obamacare, as well as law enforcement officials to “investigate potential fraud,” will have access to this information, “without the consent of the individual.”
Among those who “need to have” access? “Navigators“: private individuals ranging from community organizers to possibly convicted felons, designated to help consumers work their way through the otherwise impenetrable Obamacare maze. Opponents claim almost anyone could become a Navigator, and they will not be subject to background checks.
Of course, a potential identity-stealing Navigator should be the least of one’s worries over the government’s having all of this information at their fingertips in one handy-dandy centralized database.
Are we ready to yell “No” yet?
Latest Big Brother/Orwellian
- TSA's Investigation Into Groping Agents Ensured They Wouldn't Be Prosecuted
- One Year Ago, FBI Insisted That 'Terrorist' Guy It Arrested Last Week Was No Threat At All
- UK Government Can Now Hand Out Two-Year Sentences For Revenge Porn, Online Trolling
- Middle Schooler Charged With Felony For Hacking Into School's Network To Change Teacher's Desktop Background
- Philly PD Declares All Drivers To Be 'Under Investigation' While Denying Request For License Plate Reader Data
- Baltimore PD Has Deployed Stingray Devices Over 4,300 Times, Instructed By FBI To Withhold Info From Courts
- Conspiracy Theorist Arrested After Calling Sandy Hook Shooting 'Fake'
- New Documents Show FBI Instructing Law Enforcement To Throw Out Cases Rather Than Give Up Info On Stingray Use
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which in some cases has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for the purposes of news reporting, education, research, comment, and criticism, which constitutes a 'fair use' of such copyrighted material in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users.