WikiLeaks to release video of civilians, journalists being murdered in airstrikeBy Stephen C. Webster
Mar. 28, 2010
Progress: "Artist" Who Breastfed Dog, Fertilized Her Own Egg With Dog Cell Wins Prestigious Prize
U. Of Penn Teaching Aide: I "Always" Call On Black Female Students First, White Men Last
Trump: I Will Allow 'Long Blocked And Classified JFK Files' To Be Released
Father Of Soldier Slain In Niger Says Pres. Trump Was 'Real Cordial' In Condolence Call
George Lopez 'Booed Off Stage' At Gala Over Anti-Trump Jokes, Blames 'White Privilege'
Whistleblower Web site WikiLeaks is planning to release a video that reveals what it's calling a Pentagon "cover-up" of an incident in which numerous civilians and journalists were murdered in an airstrike, according to a recent media advisory.
The video will be released on April 5 at the National Press Club, the group said.
They also noted their members have recently been tailed by individuals under State Department diplomatic immunity, and that "one related person was detained for 22 hours" while authorities seized computer equipment.
In a video released Friday, a Russia Today broadcast discusses the pending release of the video WikiLeaks first announced in a tweet on Feb. 20, 2010, which read: "Finally cracked the encryption to US military video in which journalists, among others, are shot. Thanks to all who donated $/CPUs."
A follow-up on March 22 announced their reveal date.
"Over the last few years, WikiLeaks has been the subject of hostile acts by security organizations," founder Julian Assange writes. "We've become used to the level of security service interest in us and have established procedures to ignore that interest. But the increase in surveillance activities this last month, in a time when we are barely publishing due to fundraising, are excessive."