Monday December 27th, 2010 informationliberation.com
Eco-bulbs 'a health hazard for babies and pregnant women due to mercury inside' (The Daily Mail)
Energy-saving light bulbs were at the centre of a fresh health scare last night after researchers claimed they can release potentially harmful amounts of mercury if broken.

Levels of toxic vapour around smashed eco-bulbs were up to 20 times higher than the safe guideline limit for an indoor area, the study said.

It added that broken bulbs posed a potential health risk to pregnant women, babies and small children.