Cop's Outburst After Man Escapes Petty Marijuana Charge Lands Him In Contempt of CourtChris | InformationLiberation
A tax-slave escaping a petty marijuana charge?! OUTRAGEOUS!
From the Winston-Salem Journal:
A Kernersville police officer was suspended with pay Wednesday after a Forsyth County judge found him in contempt of court for an incident in which he burst out of the courtroom after a trial and loudly confronted a defense attorney.The Winston-Salem Journal reports the cop's annual salary is $47,880, which I would assume does not include overtime nor benefits, that's how much taxpayer money the state gives him to put poor people in jail for petty marijuana charges.
Officer S.P. Senor, who joined the Kernersville Police Department in 2000, was ordered to pay a $100 fine by Forsyth District Judge David Sipprell. Senor had become upset after Sipprell had found a man not guilty of misdemeanor possession of marijuana after a trial in Kernersville District Court.
Senor was the officer who had stopped the defendant, Dennis Bowyer, for a broken license plate light. A K-9 dog sniffed around the car and Senor searched the car, finding a small amount of marijuana in a compartment in the car.
Bowyer denied that the marijuana was his and said that he did not own the car. Sipprell found Bowyer not guilty after determining that prosecutors had failed to prove under state law that the marijuana belonged to Bowyer and that Bowyer was in possession of it, according to John Barrow, Bowyer’s attorney.
When the trial ended, Senor stormed out of the courtroom and angrily confronted Barrow, Barrow said.
Chris runs the website InformationLiberation.com, you can read more of his writings here. Follow infolib on twitter here.
Latest Tyranny/Police State
- Dash Cam Video Shows Seattle Cop Falsified Charge Against Elderly Man Walking Down Street
- Man Peacefully Walking During MLK Day Rally Blasted with Pepper Spray by Cop
- Another Reason Uber Gets Banned: DUIs Are An Essential Revenue Stream
- Video Released of Police Killing Mentally Ill Teenage Girl in Police Department Lobby
- IRS Shuts Down Another High-Profile Asset Forfeiture Case, Gives $447,000 Back To Its Rightful Owners
- Case Dismissed Against Officer Who Shot & Killed 7-Year-Old As She Slept, During Botched Raid
- Cops Arrest Public Defender For Attempting To Do Her Job
- Police Officer Who Fired Stun Gun At 61-Year-Old Woman Suspended Without Pay For 1 Month
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which in some cases has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for the purposes of news reporting, education, research, comment, and criticism, which constitutes a 'fair use' of such copyrighted material in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users.