Parents of Walnut Creek man shot to death by police file $15 million lawsuitContraCostaTimes.com
Jan. 31, 2013
1.Trump is Right: GOP Debate Audience is Packed Full of Republican Donors
2.'15-Yr-Old Boy' Who Killed Swedish Social Worker Is Actually Somali-Born Adult
3.Ted Nugent Replies 'Eat Me' to Critics of 'Anti-Semitic' Gun Control Post
4.VIDEO: Australian Feminist Politician Gets Told Off After Accusing Opponent Of 'Mansplaining'
5.Caught On Camera: Preacher Cited by Officer Because It's "Illegal to Offend People"
6.Man Says He Was Fired After Pulling Gun in Gun-Free Zone to Save Woman's Life
7.'Bagged For Life': Comedy Video Mocks UK Bag Tax
8.'They're Kicking Me Out The Door': Rotary Club Cuts Jeb Off During Speech
WALNUT CREEK -- The family of a hairdresser killed by Walnut Creek police last month is seeking $15 million in a wrongful-death suit filed against four members of the police department, alleging the 22-year-old man was shot after officers tripped and fell over one another.
Anthony Banta Jr. was killed Dec. 27 when officers say he charged them with a knife after a fight with his roommate in their Creekside Drive apartment. A lawsuit filed Jan. 24 in U.S. District Court in San Francisco maintains the altercation had ended by the time police arrived and that Banta was not armed. The lawsuit says that one officer fired in a panic after reacting to the other officers tripping and falling behind him, and that other officers also opened fire.