Des Moines columnist calls for repeal of Second Amendment, death of gun owners
In an op-ed at the Des Moines Register, retired columnist Donald Kaul called for, among other things, a repeal of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, the forced elimination of the NRA as an organization, and the death of gun owners who refuse to give up their arms, Newsbusters reported Monday.
"Here, then, is my 'madder-than-hell-and-I'm-not-going-to-take-it-anymore' program for ending gun violence in America," he wrote.
"Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It's badly written, confusing and more trouble than it's worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a 'well-regulated militia.' We don't make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn't have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right," he wrote.
"Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did," he added.
Kaul said he would also "raze the organization's headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that's optional."
After saying he would make "ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony," Kaul announced that he would punish such ownership with the death penalty.
"If some people refused to give up their guns, that 'prying the guns from their cold, dead hands' thing works for me," he wrote.
After saying he would kill gun owners who refused to give up their guns, Kaul issued a threat against Republican leaders.
"Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control," he added.
- Separate And Unequal: Gen. Petraeus Facing Mild Wrist Slap For Leaking Eight Books Full Of Classified Info To His Mistress
- Study After Study Shows The DHS Has An Intense Morale Problem That Can Apparently Only Be Solved By Study After Study
- Feds Threaten D.C. Officials with Prison If they Go Through with Pot Legalization on Thursday
- 8 Goofs in Jonathan Gruber's Health Care Reform Book
- Obama Seeks Broad Powers to Wage Geographically Limitless War On ISIS
- Former CIA & NSA Boss: September 11th Gave Me Permission To Reinterpret The 4th Amendment
- Senator Wants DUI Charges Dismissed Citing that Lawmakers are "Privileged from Arrest"
- State Department Rep. On Flogging Of Saudi Blogger: US "Not In The Business Of Demanding Things" From Other Countries
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which in some cases has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for the purposes of news reporting, education, research, comment, and criticism, which constitutes a 'fair use' of such copyrighted material in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users.