Analysis posted Sep 11 2012, 2:54 AM Category: Tyranny/Police State Source: InformationLiberation Print

Officer Enforcing Leash Law Shoots Family's Dog, Witness Horrified

Chris | InformationLiberation

A St. Louis, Michigan police officer intent on enforcing a mandatory leash law repeatedly shot a family's dog as a neighbor watched in horror.

Via WNEM:
Walmsley says she was outside playing with her own dog when her neighbor's golden retriever, Scout, ran over into her yard. She says she called the dog over to play, which Scout did, and then Scout ran back over back into his own yard. That's when Walmsley says a police officer showed up.

Walmsley said the officer asked if the was dog hers. She said "no," but told the officer Scout wasn't dangerous. She says the officer tried to catch the dog, who apparently didn't want to be caught. The dog tried to run away and when cornered by the officer, let out a little growl. Walmsley says she couldn't believe what happened next.

"I heard 'pop pop pop pop pop,' and I thought, 'what is going on,' and I [saw] the St. Louis Police Department standing over my dog," said Scout's owner.

"He just started shooting him, he just kept shooting him in the head," said Walmsley. "I said, 'What are you doing? He's just a puppy!'"

The dog was taken to the vet were it later died.

The witness says the officer wasn't provoked and she doesn't feel his reaction was warranted. Scout's owners were inside their house during the incident.
The police chief says the shooting was justified because the officer "felt threatened."

That the dog was the one being threatened and was merely acting in self-defense I guess is in no way relevant.

_
Chris runs the website InformationLiberation.com, you can read more of his writings here. Follow infolib on twitter here.

- Woman Sues After Becoming Unwitting Hostage In Unannounced Active Shooter Drill
- Michigan Hospital Security Guards Tase Handcuffed Man, Snatch Camera from Witness
- This Week's Corrupt Cops Stories
- Jeremy Scahill Says If You Get Pulled Over By Cops They Can See If You Are On A "Watch List"
- Mom Arrested For Allowing Her 7-Yr-Old Son To Go To Nearby Park Alone
- The Drug War, the Fourth Amendment, and Anal Cavity Searches in New Mexico
- Iowa Cop Accidentally Discharges Gun after Pursuing Man Experiencing Medical Condition
- Albuquerque Police Department Considers Scrapping MRAP Armored Vehicle

Comments 1 - 20 of 31 Add Comment Page of 2 >
Peter

Posted: Sep 11 2012, 4:11 AM

81161 Keep up the good work Officer douche-bag and continue to kill peoples pets! No better way to show people what fascist pig-scum cops really are !

Posted: Sep 11 2012, 7:41 AM

9877
I'm getting sick and tired of these assholes murdering
innocent household pets.

And then to tell the public its justified just proves these
cops have mental conditions.

Only a sick mind would "justify" this behavior.

Posted: Sep 11 2012, 8:32 AM

184157 fascist party members are above the law. the law is designed to control the slaves, not the overseers. Cops are party members. They can do anything they want. Rape, pillage, murder, run rampage over the slaves and nothing will be done. punishment applies to slaves not to masters.

killing the family pet, murdering family members is all in a days work to keep the slaves in their place and fearful. works perfectly. They know beyond all doubt that the slaves will never rise up and stop the madness. The slaves keep taking it and always will. They have accepted their chains and the brutality that comes with it for generations.

only when people throw off the yoke and stand on their own two feet instead of groveling on all fours will things change. only when people learn to believe in and accept freedom will things change. learn to say no. learn to think and act like free men.

these types of brutal savage attacks will continue until that time.
dougo

Posted: Sep 11 2012, 10:34 AM

687 every other human and every animal,plant and insect HATES the cops/govt. .the crazies are running the show.train your animals to handle firearms.

Posted: Sep 11 2012, 1:25 PM

50135 This story works on two levels. 1) remind the masses they have no rights and that they are being farmed for profit and serve no other purpose, and 2) that animals have higher value than human life, which helps to usher in the central banker's Gaya/Mother Earth religion that will replace all other religion.

Posted: Sep 11 2012, 8:09 PM

68119 If I lived in that town I may feel threatened by some jerk off shooting my dog in my own yard. Who knows he may feel threatened if he saw me or my kids looking out a window.
Or he may have felt threatened and or startled if I came out the door while he was shooting a firearm around my kids while he murdered their pet. Maybe I would feel threatened if after I had witnessed this psychopath shooting a dog was later pulled over for some reason.

I just may feel very threatened. Like my life may be on the line.
Yeah. I am glad I don't live in that town. And that was not my dog. In my yard. Around my kids.
NetRanger

Posted: Sep 11 2012, 8:25 PM

JAPL - Just Another Police Murder.

THAT IS WHAT THEY DO.

Over and over and over and over and over and over. Nobody is going to do anything about it. ...until it all falls apart. Watch them rip those uniforms off so fast the seams will tare. When they don't have Jackboot Central to back them up, they'll run and scream like little gurls.

The time is coming. You should prepare.

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 7:50 AM

74223 Sickening. What kind of pu*** cop feels threatened by THAT sweet looking dog???

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 8:16 AM

66170 I'd unload all seven clips into this douchebag if i was the owner of that dog. people don't understand, dogs are family.

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 9:02 AM

17462 [Deleted: See comment policy]

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 10:36 AM

15238 I am sorry, but if that was my dog I would have attacked the officer

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 10:40 AM

17369 This is the same thing they say when they shoot unarmed people. So many internet videos of unarmed people or people armed with a pocket knife getting shot for no reason... In some cases, they don't even know the cops are there before they get shot. Cops are thugs with legal protection. Fuck 'em.

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 10:47 AM

167164 So where was the owner in all of this? Seems if the officer was chasing their dog, perhaps they should have taken some responsibility in calling their dog or alerting the officer.

If the neighbor knew the dog perhaps they could have alerted the officer.

If there is a leash law it stands to reason the dog should, and this is crazy, be on a leash.

I have multiple dogs and hate when idiots endanger their animals and blame others. Dogs are animals and don't exactly know the law. Treat them as such and protect them, which is the owner's job.

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 10:47 AM

72172 This doesn't surprise me. I had to file a report due to a St Louis officer harassing me. Nothing was done about it, and the officer later got fired for the same offenses to someone else. There is something very corrupt going on with the St Louis police departments, including the counties. There are numerous (WAY TO MANY) articles and on going news about the corruption too.

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 10:50 AM

683 [Deleted: See comment policy]

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 11:42 AM

20451 I think we should start shooting cops if we feel threatened.

I for one would not hesitate to kill a cop if he shot my dog. This bastards need to be stopped.

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 12:24 PM

6657 You American need to take back your country, kill these swine.

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 12:25 PM

9764 It is about time to pick up our arms and start a much needed revolution against what is quickly becoming a police state.

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 12:29 PM

198228 As long as the officer made it home safely to his family, that's the important thing.

Posted: Sep 12 2012, 12:57 PM