Article posted Aug 28 2012, 4:53 PM Category: Tyranny/Police State Source: Davy V. Print

75 Year Old Grandmother Held Down At Gunpoint As Police Shoot & Kill Her Dog

by Davy V.

On August 15, 2012 Wayne County Sheriff's deputies, along with Macedon, NY Police broke into 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto's Plank Road home in the town of Walworth, NY, forced her at gunpoint to lay on her bathroom floor, screamed at her to close her eyes and stay down, then executed her dog "Duke."

Minutes earlier, Loquasto, who has had three strokes and a knee replacement, was on her computer when she heard loud smashing sounds, then saw what she described as several men dressed in black with masks on.

As she was laying on her bathroom floor Loquasto could hear the men talking in loud voices.

"The dog hadn't even barked, yet I heard one of them say, he's aggressive, shoot him! I'll never forget the sound of that gunshot and the blood flying everywhere. They did all this while forcing me to lay on the bathroom floor, screaming at me to stay down, and holding me at gunpoint. I couldn't get up if I wanted to. I'm 75 years old, had three strokes and knee replacement, and can hardly walk. There was nothing I could do to help my pet."

Unfortunately, Duke died a slow death.

"They shot him with a shotgun in such a manner that he ran around in pain and bled all over the house and suffered a slow, cruel death. There was no reason for this kind of treatment, they killed my dog for no reason. This was the sweetest and most gentle animal anyone could want, I would trust him with a baby."

As you can see in the photo, Duke did indeed suffer, bleeding out throughout the house, leaving a trail of blood in the hallways, stairs, walls and bedrooms, including on the bed where he used to sleep in.

Trail of blood on Phyllis Loquasto's stairs after her beloved dog "Duke" was shot by WayneNET Task Force officers.

Afterwards, Phyllis Loquasto was taken outside and placed inside a police car for over an hour in the heat.

It was then when officers showed her a search warrant, and it was then that Loquasto realized who these masked men who had just broke into her home, held her at gunpoint, screamed at her and executed her dog were -- police officers.

The 75 year old Loquasto was so afraid, she urinated on herself.

As a filmmaker, writer and activist exposing police misconduct and corruption, hearing stories of police officers abusing and violating innocent citizens' rights is nothing new.

In fact I receive an average of 20-25 calls weekly from people who either themselves, or a loved one, has been abused, harassed, or assaulted by law enforcement.

But I must admit, to hear of a 75 year old lady having been terrorized in her own home by a bunch of rogue, thugs in uniforms and masks, in a "home invasion-like" style, before executing her dog, left me speechless.

I Called Macedon, NY police and asked to speak to a public information officer. The woman who answered the phone asked me "What's that?" I explained to her it's usually a department official who is in charge of communicating with the press.

She replied "We don't have that."

I then proceeded to tell her about the incident with Duke, and before I could finish, she angrily cut me off and said "I'm sure if a grandmother would have been held down at gunpoint, I would have heard about that."

She then abruptly transferred me to the Chief, with whom I left a message on his voicemail.

About an hour later, I received a call from Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella.

After I thanked him for getting back to me, Chief Colella laughed and said "The media campaign continues."

I asked Chief Colella what he meant by that comment, but he completely ignored my question.

I then asked the Chief exactly what law enforcement agencies were present at the Plank Road residence.

Chief Colella said that a search warrant was executed by the Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team (WayneNET) on the residence.

He also said that he is the Task Force Commander.

Chief Colella told me that his task force seized several marijuana plants from the location, which he said belonged to Phyllis Loquasto's grandson.

He explained that the WayneNET team consists of the Wayne County, NY Sheriff's office, Macedon, NY Police, Clyde, NY Police, Lyons, NY Police, Newark, NY, Palmyra, NY Police, Sodus Point, NY Police, Wolcott, NY Police and the Wayne County, NY District Attorney's office.

Chief Colella confirmed that the only person inside the location was 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto.

Having sensed an obvious sense of sarcasm on the Chief's part, with his earlier comment, about the "media campaign continues", as well as what I would describe as the non-chalant, hesitant, and "careful" tone of his voice, not giving many details, I decided to get down to brass tax with the Chief.

I asked him about police officers holding down a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, and it was clear that Chief Colella wasn't comfortable answering my question.

But perhaps more interesting, he never denied officers doing this to Loquasto.

Instead, Chief Colella made sure to choose his words very carefully, stating that all he would say is that she (the grandmother) was "held in place" by officers.

Again, when I asked Chief Colella if in fact officers with his WayneNET task force held a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, Chief Colella replied "I don't care if she is 2 years old or 75 years old."

I think Chief Colella must have realized that his statement would not look good, so he decided to do some 'damage control' by quickly adding "We needed to secure the location and since there was a dangerous animal, we were holding her down for her own safety."

Are you kidding me?

"Dangerous animal?"

"Holding her down for her own safety?"

Duke was her pet!

After a few more minutes of talking with Chief Colella, it became more and more clear that as is common with law enforcement officials, especially in cases of misconduct and abuse, the "cover-up" had already begun, and Chief Colella, along with his WayneNET task force, clearly have their story which they have every intention of sticking to.

Contact Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella and let him know how you feel.

Macedon, NY Police Chief
and WayneNET Commander
John P. Colella
315-986-7103, -7262, -5932
E-mail: jpcolella@rochester.rr.com

WayneNET Sgt.
Roger LaClair
(315) 947-9711

WayneNET
Chief Deputy
Bob Hetzke
(315) 946-9711
__
Davy V. is a Cuban-American Filmmaker, Video Producer, Photographer and Freelance Writer, best known for using the power of video and film to expose Police Brutality, Corruption and Misconduct. Davy V.'s work has been featured in publications such as THE SOURCE Hip Hop Magazine, URBAN AMERICA Magazine, The Ave. Magazine, Insider Magazine, La Voz Newspaper, Minority Reporter Newspaper, CNY LATINO Newspaper, DOWN Magazine, as well as on television news stations, and programs such as CNN and Inside Edition. In addition to his freelance writing, Davy V. also writes a monthly Op/Ed Column for LA VOZ Magazine and Minority Reporter Newspaper.

- Florida Judge Halts Trial & Demands Charges Against Orlando Cop For Perjury
- Bust You For It Now, Tax You For It Tomorrow: The Insanity of Marijuana Prohibition
- How Cops Talk About Mundanes When They Think Nobody Else is Listening
- FBI Agents Cut Internet Access, Pose As Repairmen To Perform Warrantless Search
- Patriot Act, Passed to Fight Terrorism, Used Mostly In Drug Investigations
- LAPD Officer Accused Of Punting Man's Face Like He Was 'Kicking A Field Goal'
- Mom Faces Jail For Using Cannabis Oil To Treat 15-Yr-Old Son's Chronic Pain
- This Week's Corrupt Cops Stories

christine

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:26 PM

142167 This is digusting on so many levels. That poor old lady and her dog. My heart goes out to her
doru butterick

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:26 PM

719 so wg=here were these so called majauna plants i hore she sues for millions nothing but glory assholes sorryi hope this happens to there family and gerandmother and favorite dog

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:31 PM

6687 Those pigs(cops) were scared of the old lady.thats why they treated her the way they did,&they killed the dog cause they were afriad the dog might lick them to death.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:32 PM

6687 Cop cartel?

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:35 PM

108208 all that for pot plants!!!! what's wrong with the world today? I hope they all get fired and the poor old lady sues the shit outta them! poor doggie .

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:44 PM

9632 OMG!!! THIS IS SO SAD THE POOR DOG DID NOTHING JUST A BUNCH OF VIOLENT COPS GETTING PAID TO HURT INNOCENT PETS, AND OLD LADIES WOW...MIGHTY BIG OF YOU IGNORANT DOPES, KARMA IS A BITCH , POT IS NOT EVEN A CRIME ANYMORE IN MOST STATES, ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS TAKE THE PLANTS AND LEAVE AND GO PASS THEM OUT TO ALL THERE BUDDY COPS TO SMOKE, WHICH IS PROBABLY WHAT THEY DID ANYWAY AFTER I DO BELIEVE THERE ARE GOOD COPS IN THIS WORLD ,BUT THESE JERKS WERENT ONE OF THEM....... REAL MEN ARE KIND TO ANIMALS . YOU WILL GET YOURS...
karen L

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:44 PM

68247 I wrote an email to this colella, let him know that I shared the story. I pray that a person of political influance reads the story and fires all involved and throws them in jail

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:48 PM

12172 Makes me proud to live in a country where guns simply aren't part of the police scene. Hate to say it America ... but you have allowed guns into your lives with your motto of outdated Western ideology ... now it looks like you are paying the price. New Zealand rocks. RIP Duke.
InalienableWrights

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:53 PM

5083 Armed thugs break into house to enforce a law for which they have no authority to make. Where in the Constitution did we give government the right to tell us what we can put into our bodies?

They know they are criminals. They started out as a tax act because they knew that they had NO Constitutional authority. And now they just don't care. Like George Bush said: "It's just a piece of GD paper"

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:59 PM

7580 @TYPICURRMUDGEON I'd love to sock you dead square in the face, and that's the gentle version of what I really want to do to you and every one that thinks like you.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 11:03 PM

20854 I honestly have to say, if this happened to my dog... I would kill the cowards that did it. I truly mean it, regardless of what their occupstion maybe. Enough is enough, we need to take control of our country and stop letting the police do inhumane things like this and walk away free.
Czerny A.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 11:03 PM

98116 Sickening animal cruelty. These "cops" are psychopaths. I don't care how many marijuana plants were on premises. Why kill the dog? Was it a pitbull? Cops will use any excuse to kill a pit.

Karma will catch up with all the evil MFs involved.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 11:13 PM

206214 Police State, USA
Gabriel King

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 11:22 PM

7570 War on drugs? War on terror? BULLSHIT.

It's really a war on the Constitution, and a war on the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of legal Americans.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 11:27 PM

142162 My sympathies go out to Phyllis Loquasto. I have a 4 year old Rottweiler/German Shepherd mix dog who barks at everyone who comes to our door, including the people who live here. It's simply what he does to alert us that someone is coming and is in no way an act of aggression. I can easily picture police killing our dog if they ever came to our home and saw him reacting like that. Honestly, if you invade someone's home and they have a large breed dog, they're going to protect their family because YOU are the aggressor in their eyes. You do not shoot a person's pet in their own home. That is simply NOT how you handle such a situation. Pet owners, myself included, view our pets as family members or even as our 'children'. The conduct of these police officers is utterly shameful.
Jamie

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 11:40 PM

67189 68255-You have no idea how arrogant and ignorant you're making yourself sound. What difference does race make, first of all? They solved the issue of racism years ago. Get with the times

Also, your take on marijuana is a bit exaggerated. I don't agree that it's a good thing by any means. I've tried it, hated it, and would never recommend it. I've seen it do horrible things to people. It could make them poor, unmotivated, etc, but last I checked, it has yet to get people to rape other people! As an aside, I personally know more white pot heads than black ones and some black people are just as educated and intelligent as anyone else, especially more than people like you. Last but not least. I don't think a weed raid should cause officers to kill a dog and scare an terrorize an old woman like that

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 12:10 AM

7058 thanks for the article, sad business that.

(fyi it's "brass tacks" not "brass tax")
Jocelyn

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 12:19 AM

74101 Its a shame that people that is suppose to protect us end up causing harm. some cops feel entitled yo shoot anyone or anything just because they have a batch. More education and training is required to stop the abuse to people and animals alike.
L Williams

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 12:54 AM

124171 I am totally appalled, there is no excuse for this behavior and the police should not be allowed to get away with this.. That poor woman and her poor innocent dog..

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 1:02 AM

172218 This is hideous. To whoever moderates these comments, GET OVER YOURSELF! This is inexcusable. We can express anger anyway we damnwell want! These motherfuckers do not deserve any respect whatsoever! Oh by the way has anyone seen the second "Hostel" movie. someone cut off an assholes private part and fed it to a German Shepard while the "dismembered " asshole watched. Ha Ha Ha. That needs to happen to these useless snorters