Article posted Aug 28 2012, 4:53 PM Category: Tyranny/Police State Source: Davy V. Print

75 Year Old Grandmother Held Down At Gunpoint As Police Shoot & Kill Her Dog

by Davy V.

On August 15, 2012 Wayne County Sheriff's deputies, along with Macedon, NY Police broke into 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto's Plank Road home in the town of Walworth, NY, forced her at gunpoint to lay on her bathroom floor, screamed at her to close her eyes and stay down, then executed her dog "Duke."

Minutes earlier, Loquasto, who has had three strokes and a knee replacement, was on her computer when she heard loud smashing sounds, then saw what she described as several men dressed in black with masks on.

As she was laying on her bathroom floor Loquasto could hear the men talking in loud voices.

"The dog hadn't even barked, yet I heard one of them say, he's aggressive, shoot him! I'll never forget the sound of that gunshot and the blood flying everywhere. They did all this while forcing me to lay on the bathroom floor, screaming at me to stay down, and holding me at gunpoint. I couldn't get up if I wanted to. I'm 75 years old, had three strokes and knee replacement, and can hardly walk. There was nothing I could do to help my pet."

Unfortunately, Duke died a slow death.

"They shot him with a shotgun in such a manner that he ran around in pain and bled all over the house and suffered a slow, cruel death. There was no reason for this kind of treatment, they killed my dog for no reason. This was the sweetest and most gentle animal anyone could want, I would trust him with a baby."

As you can see in the photo, Duke did indeed suffer, bleeding out throughout the house, leaving a trail of blood in the hallways, stairs, walls and bedrooms, including on the bed where he used to sleep in.

Trail of blood on Phyllis Loquasto's stairs after her beloved dog "Duke" was shot by WayneNET Task Force officers.

Afterwards, Phyllis Loquasto was taken outside and placed inside a police car for over an hour in the heat.

It was then when officers showed her a search warrant, and it was then that Loquasto realized who these masked men who had just broke into her home, held her at gunpoint, screamed at her and executed her dog were -- police officers.

The 75 year old Loquasto was so afraid, she urinated on herself.

As a filmmaker, writer and activist exposing police misconduct and corruption, hearing stories of police officers abusing and violating innocent citizens' rights is nothing new.

In fact I receive an average of 20-25 calls weekly from people who either themselves, or a loved one, has been abused, harassed, or assaulted by law enforcement.

But I must admit, to hear of a 75 year old lady having been terrorized in her own home by a bunch of rogue, thugs in uniforms and masks, in a "home invasion-like" style, before executing her dog, left me speechless.

I Called Macedon, NY police and asked to speak to a public information officer. The woman who answered the phone asked me "What's that?" I explained to her it's usually a department official who is in charge of communicating with the press.

She replied "We don't have that."

I then proceeded to tell her about the incident with Duke, and before I could finish, she angrily cut me off and said "I'm sure if a grandmother would have been held down at gunpoint, I would have heard about that."

She then abruptly transferred me to the Chief, with whom I left a message on his voicemail.

About an hour later, I received a call from Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella.

After I thanked him for getting back to me, Chief Colella laughed and said "The media campaign continues."

I asked Chief Colella what he meant by that comment, but he completely ignored my question.

I then asked the Chief exactly what law enforcement agencies were present at the Plank Road residence.

Chief Colella said that a search warrant was executed by the Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team (WayneNET) on the residence.

He also said that he is the Task Force Commander.

Chief Colella told me that his task force seized several marijuana plants from the location, which he said belonged to Phyllis Loquasto's grandson.

He explained that the WayneNET team consists of the Wayne County, NY Sheriff's office, Macedon, NY Police, Clyde, NY Police, Lyons, NY Police, Newark, NY, Palmyra, NY Police, Sodus Point, NY Police, Wolcott, NY Police and the Wayne County, NY District Attorney's office.

Chief Colella confirmed that the only person inside the location was 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto.

Having sensed an obvious sense of sarcasm on the Chief's part, with his earlier comment, about the "media campaign continues", as well as what I would describe as the non-chalant, hesitant, and "careful" tone of his voice, not giving many details, I decided to get down to brass tax with the Chief.

I asked him about police officers holding down a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, and it was clear that Chief Colella wasn't comfortable answering my question.

But perhaps more interesting, he never denied officers doing this to Loquasto.

Instead, Chief Colella made sure to choose his words very carefully, stating that all he would say is that she (the grandmother) was "held in place" by officers.

Again, when I asked Chief Colella if in fact officers with his WayneNET task force held a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, Chief Colella replied "I don't care if she is 2 years old or 75 years old."

I think Chief Colella must have realized that his statement would not look good, so he decided to do some 'damage control' by quickly adding "We needed to secure the location and since there was a dangerous animal, we were holding her down for her own safety."

Are you kidding me?

"Dangerous animal?"

"Holding her down for her own safety?"

Duke was her pet!

After a few more minutes of talking with Chief Colella, it became more and more clear that as is common with law enforcement officials, especially in cases of misconduct and abuse, the "cover-up" had already begun, and Chief Colella, along with his WayneNET task force, clearly have their story which they have every intention of sticking to.

Contact Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella and let him know how you feel.

Macedon, NY Police Chief
and WayneNET Commander
John P. Colella
315-986-7103, -7262, -5932
E-mail: jpcolella@rochester.rr.com

WayneNET Sgt.
Roger LaClair
(315) 947-9711

WayneNET
Chief Deputy
Bob Hetzke
(315) 946-9711
__
Davy V. is a Cuban-American Filmmaker, Video Producer, Photographer and Freelance Writer, best known for using the power of video and film to expose Police Brutality, Corruption and Misconduct. Davy V.'s work has been featured in publications such as THE SOURCE Hip Hop Magazine, URBAN AMERICA Magazine, The Ave. Magazine, Insider Magazine, La Voz Newspaper, Minority Reporter Newspaper, CNY LATINO Newspaper, DOWN Magazine, as well as on television news stations, and programs such as CNN and Inside Edition. In addition to his freelance writing, Davy V. also writes a monthly Op/Ed Column for LA VOZ Magazine and Minority Reporter Newspaper.

- Dashcam Nails Cops Who Beat Man While Shouting "Stop Resisting Arrest"
- De-militarize the Police Mindset
- No Jail For Oklahoma Cop Who Lied About Beating Motorist
- Shielding the Executioner: Shaun Cowley, Paul Cassell, and the Murder of Danielle Willard
- "Use It, or Lose It": Federally Subsidized Police Escalation
- Officer To Citizen: "You Must Be Doing Something Wrong If You Invoke Your Rights"
- Hair Trigger Police State: Gamer SWATTED While Streaming Live Online
- The Judicial System's Blessing Of Police Use Of Excessive Force Makes It Nearly Impossible To Hold Bad Cops Accountable

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 8:57 PM

72179 Ok Everyone, please understand that I am a retired US Marshal and I am also a dog lover, work in rescue and have 4 foster dogs, so I can see a little bit from both sides. First off, shooting the dog - I can see no reason for that, and even if the dog had been aggressive and the officers in danger, a "head shot" is called for, not a slow lingering death. Now for the other side of the coin - they were executing a search warrant looking (and finding) illegal narcotics. USUALLY, although not always, there is weapons involved. Just because a person is a grandmother, has suffered strokes and had a knee replacement, that does not preclude them from being violent and possibly putting the officers at risk. The story doesn't give what all was in the warrant, what all they were looking for, WHO they were looking for etc. Should the grandmother have been picked up from the floor? Probably and I say that depending on her conduct. She probably was very upset at the shooting of her dog and we don't know if she became violent. We don't know if this grandmother has had previous run ins with the law, if she has had previous incidents of being violent, if she was carrying a weapon, if she previously was known to carry or threaten people with a weapon, etc. There is a lot that is left out of this story. Could it have been handled differently? Probably, but since the writer of the story was not there, and the witness is the person who had their dog killed...I am sure we are not getting all of the story. The issue with the dog is just horrible in how that was handled! But as far as a person being treated differently just because they are older or are a "grandmother", that CANNOT be taken into account when serving a warrant. I personally have had an 81 year, 5 foot nothing "grandmother" kick the snot out of me and broke my nose and it take 5 Officers to remove her from a plane. Warrants are not just handed out like candy. They have to be signed off on my a Judge, and the Judge has to be shown probably cause to have that warrant served. USUALLY when warrants are necessary the person on whom it is being served does not want to go to jail and many will use deadly violence to prevent it. The Law Enforcement Officers MUST use aggressive tactics to insure the safety of all people involved and to ensure that no evidence is lost. So again, We don't know ALL the facts, could it have been handled differently? Probably but it is a very high stress job, and even training cannot prepare a person for all incidents that may occur. For a "HOT ENTRY TEAM" to serve this warrant (those that break down the door, usually wearing black uniforms, face coverings, high powered weapons, etc) that HAD to be a significant reason for that and that reason is usually because Deadly violence is EXPECTED! So folks while I am not excusing everything that went on, because I don't know all that went on or the reasons behind it, until someone has ALL the facts from Both sides of the story, please don't just jump down on the Police. The Vast Majority of Officers are not Power Hungry Thugs. They are good people doing a tough job and just want to go home safely to their families.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 8:59 PM

174134 Exactly, the cops that cowardly chose to bully a 75 year old woman, and chose to murder her dog, need the same exact thing done to them...now, lets see them get out of this one. How can they live with their selves...clearly it was the wrong address, they made a huge mistake, and their ignorant ego would not let them say they were sorry, they have the wrong house and leave...they had to bully and murder!! An eye for an eye. Sit and wait.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:03 PM

72179 It wasn't the wrong address. They found Narcotic Plants. They reportedly belonged to her grandson. But she as the property owner is responsible for what goes on, on her property.
Crystalll

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:10 PM

17448 To whoever the hell 68255 is wow your stupid& just as ignorant as any black or Mexican may be!!!!! The chief even say'd it wasn't hers it was her grandsons& the dog has nothing todo with The whole incident ! If that dog was mean then he would have attacked them when they busted into the house or had the pour lady on the floor! & it's one thing if they shoot the dog but why let the dog go through a long painful death! Your one miserable person to wish that apon anybody! & how are you gonna talk about obey the law but that is against the law , animal abuse& cruelty is also geniuse !

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:10 PM

7479 POLICE OFFICERS LIKE THAT ARE A TERRIBLE DISGRACE TO THE HUMAN RACE.. THEY FORGET THEY HAVE MOTHERS, WIVES, CHILDREN AND PETS.. HOW WOULD THEY FEEL IF SOMEONE DID THAT TO THEIR MOTHERS, WIVES, KIDS OR THE KIDS DOGS.. IT WOULD BE A DIFFERENT STORY, THEN.. I HOPE THEY ALL GET A TASTE OF WHAT THEY HAND OUT, SOMEDAY.. AND THEY WONDER WHY PEOPLE HATE COPS..

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:13 PM

75172 I have read this report and I think the masked cops are cowards, where is the justification to holding an elderly woman at gunpoint, making her lay on her floor with no explanation till after the fact, and the dog...if he wasnt aggressive then these cops should have to pay restitution to this woman for killing her pet/companion. I have read alot lately about cops just shooting animals left and right...what happened to .."To Protect and Serve"??? Doesnt sound like the cops are doing their jobs...they are taking advantage of their so called power..they should all be put on leave with no pay till this is fully investigated..and hopefully it is being looked into by a higher agency.
And this so called commander/chief what ever the hell he wants to call himself...corrupt cops make it hard for the public to trust them....I am just waiting for the day when we as Americans decide to take the law into our own hands and take care of our own...

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:14 PM

46208 [Deleted: See comment policy] ...cops are corrupt anyway doesnt matter what country you live in i hate them all..am actually sueing them becos 3 guys broke into my house kicked and pulled my daughters hair she fwas fonly 15 at the time and kicked me down the stairs and they got off with it cos the cops dd a sub standard investigation i live in ENGLAND across the pond and cops here are no different
rudy steiner

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:27 PM

69110 they say that we should respect law officers but how in god's name are we supposed to do that when these very same officers do fucked up shit like this i hope the oxygen thieves who did this get shot and die

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:29 PM

1849 She was in the house, where a drug task force was raiding. Yea. She was put on the ground at gunpoint. Idk if you know or not but drug dealers have a tendency to be violent with police. Given they had no idea if she was involved, they had to do it for there own safety. It's not like they shot her. Get over yourselves and learn task force strategy before you get butthurt. I have a hard time believing that the dog was shot for no reason. Is it no possible the dog went after one of them? Barking or growling. Possibly charging at the "intruders".
s.j.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:29 PM

17322 Starting to feel like we are living under marshal law. Sometimes cops are no more than criminals with badges and guns. I am starting to fear them more everyday. I used to respect them now they go after citizens with excessive force and this was over the top for a few pot plants. The person and dog were the ones that suffered and not the perpetrator. There is a special place in HELL for these people.
Hey, 68255

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:33 PM

7156 You are a filthy a$$hole who likes to finger f#ck yourself. You talk that crap about an elderly woman and her dog? F#ck you, you piece of sh#t.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:36 PM

184160 polices are assholes !!! i hope the get rotten ,killing an innocent animal and mistreating a poor old woman ? anyway there is god he will take care and he will made them suffer .
old cowboy

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:45 PM

209213 blame the grandson for doing this to his grandmother

blame the grandmother for allowing the grandson to keep his pot plants at her home

the dog may have been a pet but that doesnt mean it didnt attack police to defend its home and owner

right or wrong the police wouldnt be there if it wasnt for the grandsons actions

place the blame where it belongs

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:47 PM

2463 All for a couple of pot plants . Are you fucking kidding me .
Michelle Jeffers

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:48 PM

24138 Cowards!!!! This police force needs to be SHUT DOWN!!!!!!! If a thug criminal did this the police would want them behind bars, now that PIGS did it, it's ok????????????? WOW! I guess this is why people take the law into their own hands, it's NOT safe to call the police anymore :S I hope this poor woman sues this police stations ASS and wins! I have been raised to respect the police, however, cases like this make my blood boil, and they are NOT police officers, instead, pathetic, cowardly PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
suzette sy

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:50 PM

112200 They should kill and torture those fucking bastard cops instead! poor doggy and grandma... i hope those bastard cops die a slow very painful death..

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:59 PM

60242 It's about time we crack down on police corruption and brutality and get something done. This makes me sick! She is 75 years old!
If you can't trust the police then who can you trust? Absolute bastards, they'll get what they deserve in the end.
electra

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:05 PM

24127 Time to end this useless 'war on drugs' when it come to pot. It's WAY past time.

It makes me sick that these thugs with guns ALWAYS get away with this criminal behavior- the same cover stories, lies, and stupid version of events don't cut it.

Sooner or later people are going to start shooting them either before they can or after they do shoot their dog, and they'd be JUSTIFIED.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:22 PM

18479 This is sick. This poor woman! Is this how they were taught to treat their elders?! What if this was their grandmother?! Poor dog and poor woman. I am so disappointed with law enforcement. They are supposed to set an example for us to follow.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:25 PM

7628 "Police in the US now rival criminals, and exceed terrorists as the greatest threat to the American public."

SURE SEEMS THAT WAY WITH DAMN COPS WHO TERRORIZE AN OLD LADY AN' KILL HER PET!!! PIECE OF SHIT COWARDS!!!