Article posted Aug 28 2012, 4:53 PM Category: Tyranny/Police State Source: Davy V. Print

75 Year Old Grandmother Held Down At Gunpoint As Police Shoot & Kill Her Dog

by Davy V.

On August 15, 2012 Wayne County Sheriff's deputies, along with Macedon, NY Police broke into 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto's Plank Road home in the town of Walworth, NY, forced her at gunpoint to lay on her bathroom floor, screamed at her to close her eyes and stay down, then executed her dog "Duke."

Minutes earlier, Loquasto, who has had three strokes and a knee replacement, was on her computer when she heard loud smashing sounds, then saw what she described as several men dressed in black with masks on.

As she was laying on her bathroom floor Loquasto could hear the men talking in loud voices.

"The dog hadn't even barked, yet I heard one of them say, he's aggressive, shoot him! I'll never forget the sound of that gunshot and the blood flying everywhere. They did all this while forcing me to lay on the bathroom floor, screaming at me to stay down, and holding me at gunpoint. I couldn't get up if I wanted to. I'm 75 years old, had three strokes and knee replacement, and can hardly walk. There was nothing I could do to help my pet."

Unfortunately, Duke died a slow death.

"They shot him with a shotgun in such a manner that he ran around in pain and bled all over the house and suffered a slow, cruel death. There was no reason for this kind of treatment, they killed my dog for no reason. This was the sweetest and most gentle animal anyone could want, I would trust him with a baby."

As you can see in the photo, Duke did indeed suffer, bleeding out throughout the house, leaving a trail of blood in the hallways, stairs, walls and bedrooms, including on the bed where he used to sleep in.

Trail of blood on Phyllis Loquasto's stairs after her beloved dog "Duke" was shot by WayneNET Task Force officers.

Afterwards, Phyllis Loquasto was taken outside and placed inside a police car for over an hour in the heat.

It was then when officers showed her a search warrant, and it was then that Loquasto realized who these masked men who had just broke into her home, held her at gunpoint, screamed at her and executed her dog were -- police officers.

The 75 year old Loquasto was so afraid, she urinated on herself.

As a filmmaker, writer and activist exposing police misconduct and corruption, hearing stories of police officers abusing and violating innocent citizens' rights is nothing new.

In fact I receive an average of 20-25 calls weekly from people who either themselves, or a loved one, has been abused, harassed, or assaulted by law enforcement.

But I must admit, to hear of a 75 year old lady having been terrorized in her own home by a bunch of rogue, thugs in uniforms and masks, in a "home invasion-like" style, before executing her dog, left me speechless.

I Called Macedon, NY police and asked to speak to a public information officer. The woman who answered the phone asked me "What's that?" I explained to her it's usually a department official who is in charge of communicating with the press.

She replied "We don't have that."

I then proceeded to tell her about the incident with Duke, and before I could finish, she angrily cut me off and said "I'm sure if a grandmother would have been held down at gunpoint, I would have heard about that."

She then abruptly transferred me to the Chief, with whom I left a message on his voicemail.

About an hour later, I received a call from Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella.

After I thanked him for getting back to me, Chief Colella laughed and said "The media campaign continues."

I asked Chief Colella what he meant by that comment, but he completely ignored my question.

I then asked the Chief exactly what law enforcement agencies were present at the Plank Road residence.

Chief Colella said that a search warrant was executed by the Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team (WayneNET) on the residence.

He also said that he is the Task Force Commander.

Chief Colella told me that his task force seized several marijuana plants from the location, which he said belonged to Phyllis Loquasto's grandson.

He explained that the WayneNET team consists of the Wayne County, NY Sheriff's office, Macedon, NY Police, Clyde, NY Police, Lyons, NY Police, Newark, NY, Palmyra, NY Police, Sodus Point, NY Police, Wolcott, NY Police and the Wayne County, NY District Attorney's office.

Chief Colella confirmed that the only person inside the location was 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto.

Having sensed an obvious sense of sarcasm on the Chief's part, with his earlier comment, about the "media campaign continues", as well as what I would describe as the non-chalant, hesitant, and "careful" tone of his voice, not giving many details, I decided to get down to brass tax with the Chief.

I asked him about police officers holding down a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, and it was clear that Chief Colella wasn't comfortable answering my question.

But perhaps more interesting, he never denied officers doing this to Loquasto.

Instead, Chief Colella made sure to choose his words very carefully, stating that all he would say is that she (the grandmother) was "held in place" by officers.

Again, when I asked Chief Colella if in fact officers with his WayneNET task force held a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, Chief Colella replied "I don't care if she is 2 years old or 75 years old."

I think Chief Colella must have realized that his statement would not look good, so he decided to do some 'damage control' by quickly adding "We needed to secure the location and since there was a dangerous animal, we were holding her down for her own safety."

Are you kidding me?

"Dangerous animal?"

"Holding her down for her own safety?"

Duke was her pet!

After a few more minutes of talking with Chief Colella, it became more and more clear that as is common with law enforcement officials, especially in cases of misconduct and abuse, the "cover-up" had already begun, and Chief Colella, along with his WayneNET task force, clearly have their story which they have every intention of sticking to.

Contact Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella and let him know how you feel.

Macedon, NY Police Chief
and WayneNET Commander
John P. Colella
315-986-7103, -7262, -5932
E-mail: jpcolella@rochester.rr.com

WayneNET Sgt.
Roger LaClair
(315) 947-9711

WayneNET
Chief Deputy
Bob Hetzke
(315) 946-9711
__
Davy V. is a Cuban-American Filmmaker, Video Producer, Photographer and Freelance Writer, best known for using the power of video and film to expose Police Brutality, Corruption and Misconduct. Davy V.'s work has been featured in publications such as THE SOURCE Hip Hop Magazine, URBAN AMERICA Magazine, The Ave. Magazine, Insider Magazine, La Voz Newspaper, Minority Reporter Newspaper, CNY LATINO Newspaper, DOWN Magazine, as well as on television news stations, and programs such as CNN and Inside Edition. In addition to his freelance writing, Davy V. also writes a monthly Op/Ed Column for LA VOZ Magazine and Minority Reporter Newspaper.

- Man Assaulted, Arrested, Cellphone Illegally Confiscated after Filming a Car on Fire
- Government "Security" Dictated by Prank-Calling Sadist in Walmart Shooting
- SC Trooper Groubert Told Supervisor Man He Shot 'Kept Coming Towards' Him, Contradicting Video
- Cops Seize Car When Told To Get A Warrant, Tell Owner That's What He Gets For 'Exercising His Rights'
- Blackmail, Witness Tampering, Criminal Misconduct: Routine Business for the Flathead County Gestapo
- Cop Who Murdered James Boyd, Caught Plotting on Dashcam, "I'm Going to Shoot Him in the Penis"
- Ninth Circuit Outlaws Random Motorist Searches Over Fish
- DC: Open Container Does Not Justify Car Search

Comments 281 - 286 of 286 Add Comment < Page of 15

Posted: Nov 21 2012, 11:44 PM

166147 Sickens me I loose more and more respect for these so called law enforcement officers more like douche bags on a power trip! Killing innocent dogs abusing elderly woman these people think there above the law shame on them... They need to be fiercely punished to often this behavior gets thrown under the rug it's time people pay ! Stop abusing your power!!!

Posted: Nov 22 2012, 12:16 AM

107200 It's pretty bad when the people that are sworn to protect us are more violent than the criminals. If this was my mother or grandmother, I would be all over this. There is absolutely no reason for them to have approached this situation like this. Over supposed pot plants? I hope the chief and all of his other trigger happy Barney Fife's get what is coming to them. I hope the public becomes enraged and that they all lose their jobs. I for one would go to jail happily if this was ever done to my family, whether they have two legs or four.

Posted: Nov 22 2012, 9:25 AM

67171 Mr. Currmudgeon:
You are a mean terrible person
Not only to people but to animals too. You are mean spitted or you are just trying to get attention. While smoking and growing weed is a crime there was no justification for what those officers did. I hope one day they blast into your home and do the same to you. Then I would like to hear your comments. Then we will see how mean spirted you are after it. Happens to you. I hope to hell you don't own a dog or any other pet not even a fish. Try being human I mean a compassionate human not an unfeeling one. That may require mire work than you want to do or that may just be impossible. That's a real shame

Posted: Nov 28 2012, 11:56 AM

69207 This incident really brings the worst out in me. If I could I would shoot each and every one of those so called "protectors for the citizens" in areas where they would die, but suffer before they did.

How can this happen? I live close from where this horrific incident occured.

I never heard about this on the news. It was very much covered up as far as I can tell.

As an advocate for animals I really would like to become involved in bringing justice to Duke and Phyllis.

I feel like if I write to the pig dept. it will not make a difference. I feel like I need to go somewhere else to try and help.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I could go to fight for Duke and Phyllis?

Posted: May 27 2013, 12:51 AM

6770 The police are now the biggest threat to freedom and liberty. Not just stupid bundling pigs anymore, Their forces have militerized, adopted new technologies of force, detection and surveillance, and threaten the liberty, privacy and freedom of EVERYONE no matter what your race, how much cash you have, whether you are a left wing hippy chick or a right wing libertarian. Too many police and not enough justice!

Posted: Jun 09 2013, 3:45 AM

94168 Hitlerís police state worked on the rule that if you s
aid nothing, no harm, could
come to you. If you had doubts about the way the count
ry was going, you kept
them to yourself - or paid the price. As nearly 17 mil
lion people had not voted
for either the Nazis or the Nationalist in March 1933,
a large and visible police
force was required to keep this sizeable group under obs
ervation and control.
In
Nazi Germany
the police were allowed to arrest people on suspicio
n that they
were about to do wrong. This gave the police huge po
wers. All local police units
had to draw up a list of people in their locality who
might be suspected of being
"Enemies of the State". This list was given to the Gestap
o - the Secret Police.
The Gestapo had the power to do as it liked. Its leade
r - Reinhard Heydrich -
was one of the most feared man in Nazi Germany. His im
mediate chief was
Heinrich Himmler
. Both men ran their respective branches with ruthless
efficiency.
Those arrested by either the police or the Gestapo ha
d less than three minutes
to pack clothing and say their goodbyes. Once arrested, t
hey were sent to the
nearest police cell. Those in custody were told to sign Fo
rm D-11; this was an