Article posted Aug 28 2012, 4:53 PM Category: Tyranny/Police State Source: Davy V. Print

75 Year Old Grandmother Held Down At Gunpoint As Police Shoot & Kill Her Dog

by Davy V.

On August 15, 2012 Wayne County Sheriff's deputies, along with Macedon, NY Police broke into 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto's Plank Road home in the town of Walworth, NY, forced her at gunpoint to lay on her bathroom floor, screamed at her to close her eyes and stay down, then executed her dog "Duke."

Minutes earlier, Loquasto, who has had three strokes and a knee replacement, was on her computer when she heard loud smashing sounds, then saw what she described as several men dressed in black with masks on.

As she was laying on her bathroom floor Loquasto could hear the men talking in loud voices.

"The dog hadn't even barked, yet I heard one of them say, he's aggressive, shoot him! I'll never forget the sound of that gunshot and the blood flying everywhere. They did all this while forcing me to lay on the bathroom floor, screaming at me to stay down, and holding me at gunpoint. I couldn't get up if I wanted to. I'm 75 years old, had three strokes and knee replacement, and can hardly walk. There was nothing I could do to help my pet."

Unfortunately, Duke died a slow death.

"They shot him with a shotgun in such a manner that he ran around in pain and bled all over the house and suffered a slow, cruel death. There was no reason for this kind of treatment, they killed my dog for no reason. This was the sweetest and most gentle animal anyone could want, I would trust him with a baby."

As you can see in the photo, Duke did indeed suffer, bleeding out throughout the house, leaving a trail of blood in the hallways, stairs, walls and bedrooms, including on the bed where he used to sleep in.

Trail of blood on Phyllis Loquasto's stairs after her beloved dog "Duke" was shot by WayneNET Task Force officers.

Afterwards, Phyllis Loquasto was taken outside and placed inside a police car for over an hour in the heat.

It was then when officers showed her a search warrant, and it was then that Loquasto realized who these masked men who had just broke into her home, held her at gunpoint, screamed at her and executed her dog were -- police officers.

The 75 year old Loquasto was so afraid, she urinated on herself.

As a filmmaker, writer and activist exposing police misconduct and corruption, hearing stories of police officers abusing and violating innocent citizens' rights is nothing new.

In fact I receive an average of 20-25 calls weekly from people who either themselves, or a loved one, has been abused, harassed, or assaulted by law enforcement.

But I must admit, to hear of a 75 year old lady having been terrorized in her own home by a bunch of rogue, thugs in uniforms and masks, in a "home invasion-like" style, before executing her dog, left me speechless.

I Called Macedon, NY police and asked to speak to a public information officer. The woman who answered the phone asked me "What's that?" I explained to her it's usually a department official who is in charge of communicating with the press.

She replied "We don't have that."

I then proceeded to tell her about the incident with Duke, and before I could finish, she angrily cut me off and said "I'm sure if a grandmother would have been held down at gunpoint, I would have heard about that."

She then abruptly transferred me to the Chief, with whom I left a message on his voicemail.

About an hour later, I received a call from Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella.

After I thanked him for getting back to me, Chief Colella laughed and said "The media campaign continues."

I asked Chief Colella what he meant by that comment, but he completely ignored my question.

I then asked the Chief exactly what law enforcement agencies were present at the Plank Road residence.

Chief Colella said that a search warrant was executed by the Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team (WayneNET) on the residence.

He also said that he is the Task Force Commander.

Chief Colella told me that his task force seized several marijuana plants from the location, which he said belonged to Phyllis Loquasto's grandson.

He explained that the WayneNET team consists of the Wayne County, NY Sheriff's office, Macedon, NY Police, Clyde, NY Police, Lyons, NY Police, Newark, NY, Palmyra, NY Police, Sodus Point, NY Police, Wolcott, NY Police and the Wayne County, NY District Attorney's office.

Chief Colella confirmed that the only person inside the location was 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto.

Having sensed an obvious sense of sarcasm on the Chief's part, with his earlier comment, about the "media campaign continues", as well as what I would describe as the non-chalant, hesitant, and "careful" tone of his voice, not giving many details, I decided to get down to brass tax with the Chief.

I asked him about police officers holding down a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, and it was clear that Chief Colella wasn't comfortable answering my question.

But perhaps more interesting, he never denied officers doing this to Loquasto.

Instead, Chief Colella made sure to choose his words very carefully, stating that all he would say is that she (the grandmother) was "held in place" by officers.

Again, when I asked Chief Colella if in fact officers with his WayneNET task force held a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, Chief Colella replied "I don't care if she is 2 years old or 75 years old."

I think Chief Colella must have realized that his statement would not look good, so he decided to do some 'damage control' by quickly adding "We needed to secure the location and since there was a dangerous animal, we were holding her down for her own safety."

Are you kidding me?

"Dangerous animal?"

"Holding her down for her own safety?"

Duke was her pet!

After a few more minutes of talking with Chief Colella, it became more and more clear that as is common with law enforcement officials, especially in cases of misconduct and abuse, the "cover-up" had already begun, and Chief Colella, along with his WayneNET task force, clearly have their story which they have every intention of sticking to.

Contact Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella and let him know how you feel.

Macedon, NY Police Chief
and WayneNET Commander
John P. Colella
315-986-7103, -7262, -5932
E-mail: jpcolella@rochester.rr.com

WayneNET Sgt.
Roger LaClair
(315) 947-9711

WayneNET
Chief Deputy
Bob Hetzke
(315) 946-9711
__
Davy V. is a Cuban-American Filmmaker, Video Producer, Photographer and Freelance Writer, best known for using the power of video and film to expose Police Brutality, Corruption and Misconduct. Davy V.'s work has been featured in publications such as THE SOURCE Hip Hop Magazine, URBAN AMERICA Magazine, The Ave. Magazine, Insider Magazine, La Voz Newspaper, Minority Reporter Newspaper, CNY LATINO Newspaper, DOWN Magazine, as well as on television news stations, and programs such as CNN and Inside Edition. In addition to his freelance writing, Davy V. also writes a monthly Op/Ed Column for LA VOZ Magazine and Minority Reporter Newspaper.

- No Jail For Oklahoma Cop Who Lied About Beating Motorist
- Shielding the Executioner: Shaun Cowley, Paul Cassell, and the Murder of Danielle Willard
- "Use It, or Lose It": Federally Subsidized Police Escalation
- Officer To Citizen: "You Must Be Doing Something Wrong If You Invoke Your Rights"
- Hair Trigger Police State: Gamer SWATTED While Streaming Live Online
- The Judicial System's Blessing Of Police Use Of Excessive Force Makes It Nearly Impossible To Hold Bad Cops Accountable
- California Police Department Ordered to Get Rid of MRAP Military Vehicle
- This Week's Corrupt Cops Stories

Posted: Sep 06 2012, 12:52 PM

108124 American. Stafordshire aka a pit bull the. Biggest babby she rescued him at 9 weeks old he was desting to b a fighting dog she took him and raised him to b kind and gentle he loved every one never growlled or bite

Posted: Sep 06 2012, 2:57 PM

71184 Hahahahaha whoever said that marijuana is the devils plant and that it makes blacks and Mexicans rape our white women is CLEARLY THE DEVIL. GET OFF OF THIS EARTH!!! Do you enjoy being the devil? I've always wondered how he could live with hi,self perpetuating not only WRONG but harmful stereotypes. I hope you don't vote! And I hope they legalize marijuana so I can gather my ethnic friends and smoke it in front of you all day!!!! Mind your own business you old fart!!!
hippiechump

Posted: Sep 06 2012, 4:35 PM

7584 Seriously this is just as propaganda as whatever story went into the local news from the police report but the other side.

Misinformation and assumed facts without proof other then a random picture with a scary story.

Not to mention most of you are fucking ridiculous, half the comments are basically saying to murder police officers, where does that get okay? Next headline in here is how some random person is murdered in their home by a vigilante upset about a dog.
Bobbie West

Posted: Sep 06 2012, 5:21 PM

10868 I'm NOT a pot smoker but I don't understand how a police department can justify funds for a "raid" on a house with only a few plants.Obviously this isn't a house pulling in BIG money...so can't they find SOMETHING to do that actually might HELP their local area instead of what they did to this old woman and her dog?
Faith Lucas

Posted: Sep 07 2012, 1:57 PM

72225 Get a grip all of you uneducated people! You automatically "ASS-ume" things and this is why our country is being taken over by other humans and we no longer live in the "Beautiful Home Of The Free" read your Constitution...it hasn't changed we just allow it to be stomped on. You celebrate 4th of July and forget what it stands for...if we all got together like on that holiday even one day our "so called public servants" would begin "serving again"!!!! Half of you probably don't vote and if ya do vote against your own beliefs...corrupt government period. We allow these sick 315 cops to do this to us...we vote in their boss's...we scream opinions but do nothing in effort to change it...your ancestors that worked so hard to build this country and allow you to be privileged to live in America would be ashamed! In volunteering for Geneva Domestic Violence...I know that "stats" on rape victims and it has little to do with pot so if your going to state something on it at least have your facts! Alcohol and crack cocaine is usually involved or strange religious upbringing like you end up raising weirdo sick perverted kids who become rapist! Did you get your information from your pastor or your brain? Or did God tell you? I believe you yourself along with those cops have been touched by satin."Jesus would never condone such behavior....he weeps for this woman! Anyone who speaks of being against Satin yet receives pleasure from someone elses pain due to an opinion is Satins child himself! Satin comes in beautiful disguise you sick sick sick person!
55plus

Posted: Sep 07 2012, 2:08 PM

9820 The problem with the "law" today is they think they are some sort of special ops, without the training. They are attacking citizens and their pets without a second thought. This is not the middle east and we aren't under seige except for them, running around in military boots and gear, it's laughable except for the fact that they are dangerous. The day when "Policemen are our friends, they serve and protect" is LONG GONE. It has been my experience that most "officers of the law" are men with issues who cannot or are just too lazy to hold down a normal job. It takes no real intelligence to be a police officer, and no real qualifications. They are bullies. What a sad state of affairs.
55plus

Posted: Sep 07 2012, 2:11 PM

9820 PS.......I forgot to add........WHO SENDS IN A SWAT TEAM FOR A COUPLE OF MARIJUANA PLANTS??? Someone's head needs to be on a platter.
KP

Posted: Sep 07 2012, 4:08 PM

7441 I sent an email. This shouldn't have happened.

Posted: Sep 09 2012, 12:04 AM

68229 All the scumbucket cops involved need to be dropkicked into jail and kept there forever. There's NO EXCUSE to treat a person that way, especially an elderly person. NO EXCUSE to brutally murder an innocent dog either!!!! The evil cops should face the death penalty!!!!!! They are garbage!!!!

That evil, smartass chief should be jailed as well.

Posted: Sep 10 2012, 4:01 AM

182178 Serves you right. On the one hand, if a dog gets shot, you're up in arms. If drones kill people in other countries, 83% of Americans (and probably whites everywhere) support that! Is there even a possibility that tyrannical Western governments are using the War on Terrorism to eliminate Muslims who stand as the last real line of defence against enslavement? Torture the Muslims, but for Heavenstobitsy Spare the Whales.

Posted: Sep 10 2012, 7:03 PM

99178 typicurrmudgeon is a government disinformant

Posted: Sep 10 2012, 7:06 PM

99178 new york city is under a police state because they let the democrats take over and there doomed.

Posted: Sep 10 2012, 7:47 PM

68102 It would make me happy to see some more dead pigs rather than dogs...and maybe a sale on bacon.
1776blues

Posted: Sep 10 2012, 8:06 PM

7584 Since the alleged racist comment has been removed I won't be able to determine if it was racist or merely criticizism of Israel influence in the US. I have seen and read many articles of American police training in Israel, not Iraq. The latest one should be disturbing to all; NYC Police are opening up a branch office in Israel.

Do a search for American Police training in Israel and you'll see the 60,000 plus results

Again, I haven't see the comment but I do know that anytime someone criticizes Israel's policies they are called racist or anti-Semites.

Posted: Sep 11 2012, 11:04 AM

71100 This is just outrageous! If scumbags like this did this to my elderly mother, they would receive .308 justice, period! There is no excuse for such treatment, even animals do not act like that.

Posted: Sep 15 2012, 1:50 AM

88244 What is happening in America?? Wake up over there and stop this police brutality, this is not what they are supposed to be doing. All over a few plants?????
And the comment from 68255 - I don't believe anyone is that stupid and ignorant, that has to be there just to stir up hatred, That doesn't work for me -anyone that thick wouldn't bother to read or write on here!

Posted: Sep 19 2012, 7:21 AM

7041 how would they feel if they got a tip there grandmother was growing pot .and someone went in and treated her that way shame on them alllllll. this is one of the saddest storys i have read. im so ashamed of our so called law enforsement the only law they seem to enforse is there own. so what i want to know is after all they put this poor woman threw DID THEY FIND ANY POT PLANTS? I bet not god bless her and best wishes for her future and again shame on you fucking so called police
Pat F.

Posted: Sep 21 2012, 9:40 AM

70192 Is there any further information on this case? Has the case gone to court?

Posted: Sep 27 2012, 11:35 AM

17457 I agree, if you have a dog that is excitable, or on the aggressive side to leash, however, what about working dogs?

I'll give an example- Last February, EMTs and a police officer had to come to my home because I fell. It was late and my service dog, Cyrus who was no longer in harness, opened the door for them. Thankfully there was no tragic end to my story.

I am very concerned about this big uptick in random, unnecessary shootings of domesticated dogs. How can we help prevent such a thing? I've even considered putting a sign on my door letting authorities know there is a service dog in my home. That creates a new dilemma however... It let's potential predators know I'm vulnerable.

I'd really like to see a thread presenting a collection of links to all of these stories.

Also wanted to add, that unless it's the end of the day- my pooch is always leashed. It's policy, and frankly good practice for both in the team. That being said, there are situations where a furry partner may be 'undressed' and still answering the door for help.

Posted: Sep 27 2012, 11:41 AM

165154 typical cop attitude. DISGUSTING.