Article posted Aug 28 2012, 4:53 PM Category: Tyranny/Police State Source: Davy V. Print

75 Year Old Grandmother Held Down At Gunpoint As Police Shoot & Kill Her Dog

by Davy V.

On August 15, 2012 Wayne County Sheriff's deputies, along with Macedon, NY Police broke into 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto's Plank Road home in the town of Walworth, NY, forced her at gunpoint to lay on her bathroom floor, screamed at her to close her eyes and stay down, then executed her dog "Duke."

Minutes earlier, Loquasto, who has had three strokes and a knee replacement, was on her computer when she heard loud smashing sounds, then saw what she described as several men dressed in black with masks on.

As she was laying on her bathroom floor Loquasto could hear the men talking in loud voices.

"The dog hadn't even barked, yet I heard one of them say, he's aggressive, shoot him! I'll never forget the sound of that gunshot and the blood flying everywhere. They did all this while forcing me to lay on the bathroom floor, screaming at me to stay down, and holding me at gunpoint. I couldn't get up if I wanted to. I'm 75 years old, had three strokes and knee replacement, and can hardly walk. There was nothing I could do to help my pet."

Unfortunately, Duke died a slow death.

"They shot him with a shotgun in such a manner that he ran around in pain and bled all over the house and suffered a slow, cruel death. There was no reason for this kind of treatment, they killed my dog for no reason. This was the sweetest and most gentle animal anyone could want, I would trust him with a baby."

As you can see in the photo, Duke did indeed suffer, bleeding out throughout the house, leaving a trail of blood in the hallways, stairs, walls and bedrooms, including on the bed where he used to sleep in.

Trail of blood on Phyllis Loquasto's stairs after her beloved dog "Duke" was shot by WayneNET Task Force officers.

Afterwards, Phyllis Loquasto was taken outside and placed inside a police car for over an hour in the heat.

It was then when officers showed her a search warrant, and it was then that Loquasto realized who these masked men who had just broke into her home, held her at gunpoint, screamed at her and executed her dog were -- police officers.

The 75 year old Loquasto was so afraid, she urinated on herself.

As a filmmaker, writer and activist exposing police misconduct and corruption, hearing stories of police officers abusing and violating innocent citizens' rights is nothing new.

In fact I receive an average of 20-25 calls weekly from people who either themselves, or a loved one, has been abused, harassed, or assaulted by law enforcement.

But I must admit, to hear of a 75 year old lady having been terrorized in her own home by a bunch of rogue, thugs in uniforms and masks, in a "home invasion-like" style, before executing her dog, left me speechless.

I Called Macedon, NY police and asked to speak to a public information officer. The woman who answered the phone asked me "What's that?" I explained to her it's usually a department official who is in charge of communicating with the press.

She replied "We don't have that."

I then proceeded to tell her about the incident with Duke, and before I could finish, she angrily cut me off and said "I'm sure if a grandmother would have been held down at gunpoint, I would have heard about that."

She then abruptly transferred me to the Chief, with whom I left a message on his voicemail.

About an hour later, I received a call from Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella.

After I thanked him for getting back to me, Chief Colella laughed and said "The media campaign continues."

I asked Chief Colella what he meant by that comment, but he completely ignored my question.

I then asked the Chief exactly what law enforcement agencies were present at the Plank Road residence.

Chief Colella said that a search warrant was executed by the Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team (WayneNET) on the residence.

He also said that he is the Task Force Commander.

Chief Colella told me that his task force seized several marijuana plants from the location, which he said belonged to Phyllis Loquasto's grandson.

He explained that the WayneNET team consists of the Wayne County, NY Sheriff's office, Macedon, NY Police, Clyde, NY Police, Lyons, NY Police, Newark, NY, Palmyra, NY Police, Sodus Point, NY Police, Wolcott, NY Police and the Wayne County, NY District Attorney's office.

Chief Colella confirmed that the only person inside the location was 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto.

Having sensed an obvious sense of sarcasm on the Chief's part, with his earlier comment, about the "media campaign continues", as well as what I would describe as the non-chalant, hesitant, and "careful" tone of his voice, not giving many details, I decided to get down to brass tax with the Chief.

I asked him about police officers holding down a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, and it was clear that Chief Colella wasn't comfortable answering my question.

But perhaps more interesting, he never denied officers doing this to Loquasto.

Instead, Chief Colella made sure to choose his words very carefully, stating that all he would say is that she (the grandmother) was "held in place" by officers.

Again, when I asked Chief Colella if in fact officers with his WayneNET task force held a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, Chief Colella replied "I don't care if she is 2 years old or 75 years old."

I think Chief Colella must have realized that his statement would not look good, so he decided to do some 'damage control' by quickly adding "We needed to secure the location and since there was a dangerous animal, we were holding her down for her own safety."

Are you kidding me?

"Dangerous animal?"

"Holding her down for her own safety?"

Duke was her pet!

After a few more minutes of talking with Chief Colella, it became more and more clear that as is common with law enforcement officials, especially in cases of misconduct and abuse, the "cover-up" had already begun, and Chief Colella, along with his WayneNET task force, clearly have their story which they have every intention of sticking to.

Contact Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella and let him know how you feel.

Macedon, NY Police Chief
and WayneNET Commander
John P. Colella
315-986-7103, -7262, -5932
E-mail: jpcolella@rochester.rr.com

WayneNET Sgt.
Roger LaClair
(315) 947-9711

WayneNET
Chief Deputy
Bob Hetzke
(315) 946-9711
__
Davy V. is a Cuban-American Filmmaker, Video Producer, Photographer and Freelance Writer, best known for using the power of video and film to expose Police Brutality, Corruption and Misconduct. Davy V.'s work has been featured in publications such as THE SOURCE Hip Hop Magazine, URBAN AMERICA Magazine, The Ave. Magazine, Insider Magazine, La Voz Newspaper, Minority Reporter Newspaper, CNY LATINO Newspaper, DOWN Magazine, as well as on television news stations, and programs such as CNN and Inside Edition. In addition to his freelance writing, Davy V. also writes a monthly Op/Ed Column for LA VOZ Magazine and Minority Reporter Newspaper.

- Either Praise the Police, or Shut Up
- EFF Guide: Know Your Rights When Dealing With Police
- Obstruction Convictions Uncover Recordings of LA Sheriff's Dept. Officers Threatening FBI Agents And Federal Witnesses
- SWAT Officers Wrongfully Detain This Man For Filming in Public, Then it Gets Really Infuratiating
- Prison Guard Admits to Sexually Assaulting Dozens of Inmates, Selling Drugs in Prison. No Jail Time
- Land of the Free -- 1 in 3 Americans Are on File with the FBI in the U.S. Police State
- Good Cop? Lead Detective in the Murder of James Boyd Blows the Whistle on Albuquerque PD
- Hollow Justice and Courts of Order in an Age of Government-Sanctioned Tyranny

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 10:39 AM

20887 Called and they hung up on me twice. Tried to get some feedback and the one who answered the phone didn't even know about it! Then they tried to talk to a supervisor...... I was told I had to leave my name etc. I will call back in hopes they can clear up why their police can't handle a 75 year old woman without force...... sounds like they need help to say the least. I'm willing to bet if they woudl have just asked her for them she would have just handed them over without a might. PLEASE CALL THEM....EVERYONE!!!
0_Canada

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 10:44 AM

174115 Ever wonder what those creepy little fucks who mutilate animals turn out to be as adults? Turns out the answer is small-town cops!

I'll pretend to be surprised...
Anthony

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 10:51 AM

113197 This is deeply disturbing story.
They were police officers, people whom we should trust and feel good about since they were supposed to protect us citizens.
However, killing a pet dog with no remorse, behaving like worst kind of thugs or mercenaries and breaking into the house by force?!?
Time has come that we citizens start beefing up our home security, install alarms, booby traps, cameras etc, reinforce or change our doors, install steel bars on our windows to protect our lives and our dear pets from threats whether they come from thugs or our...(sigh) police force. Obtain fire arms and ammo and be ready to use it regardless of who is threatening our lives or lives of our family or beloved pets...

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 10:54 AM

71240 another story of the willfull disregard for people, the elderly and animals by our own pole force..ALL of these involved and their chief should be REMOVED they are athreat to the integrity of good policemen, who DO care about the law and take seriously the preservation of rights, even if someone is doing something "illegal" they are supposed to be treated as suspects NOT criminals until the charges are heard and settled, To shoot an innocent animal in such a way as to make it suffer in front of the owner is unconscionable. If it were me, they would have had to shoot me just to control my rage..i am now going to but my OWN GUN...and I WILL USE IT TO PROETCT MY LIFE, HOME AND PROPERTY, my dog is my property and the constitution gives me that right EVEN IF IT IS A COP. we can no longer tell WHO the bad guys are and until good cops tell on bad cops..assume they are all bad for your own safety

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 11:18 AM

113197 Anonymous 71240,
I totally agree with your comment, my dog is my property and my best friend.
Always hated guns but the hatred towards my dog killers would outweigh my hatred for guns and I am seriously thinking about obtaining guns for self defense purpose and if my dog has to go down even though she would never hurt anyone then to hell with life itself, will shoot them crooks and try my best to kill as many as possible before they shoot me down as well. It is darn time to wake up and stand up to the injustice and the violence of cops towards people in crutches, wheelchairs, elderly folks etc. Didn't that guy tell the investigator so blatantly that they killed the dog to protect her from her own dog, now how sick is that. If this type of scenario happened to someone who is a real suspect, during some dangerous operation to catch law breakers that would be easy to understand, but 75 OLD ELDERLY WOMAN!!!??? PEOPLE WAKE UP!!! This is by far worse than gestapo ss nazi police during world war 2 germany. I am shit scared for my life when it comes to cops, the question is only who will be next and which pet has to die in bloodbath and agony of slow dying and bleeding all over the house.
Which guns are good for protection? Can anyone direct me with some advice here, it has to be powerful enough to penetrate thugs' body armors and cause severe trauma and death. Good Lord help us all.

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 11:48 AM

7064 wow TYPICURRMUDGEON, i've never wanted to slap the crap out of someone so badly as when i just read your comment... wow

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 11:56 AM

7445 In NY if you are in possession of less than 25grams of MJ its a $100 ticket. No arrest! Its not a criminal offence! Why the heavy hand for a few pot plants? I'd like to see the big bad plants they recovered. Sounds like a bunch of bored roided up thugs that wanted to play with their toys. Shame on Wayne county!

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 12:01 PM

7445 I'd also like to see a picture of the viscous dog they were so scared of. I'm not far from this county. I may take a ride to do a little gum shoeing of my own.

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 12:14 PM

69205 Wayne County police corrupt and dishonest, as was evidenced by the handling of the Erin Lucas traffic fatality.

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 3:03 PM

9961 I would like to add that we the people have been a sleep for a very long time. The police do not have the authority to do the things they do. They are administrative not elected. further more the woman they held down can and should sue and take everything they got. They killed her personal property without justification. We seem to forget that we the people are in charge and these fools have no authority over us. Understand your bill of rights and know who you are and how to handle yourself in court. We have been lied and stolen from. Until we wake up and start standing up it will get worse. The individual who complains about marijuana shows the lack of education where you can not even spell. According to the forefathers are rights are given to us by our creator not man. Therefore, if someone smokes, drinks, etc. That is there business as long as they are not harming me I do not care what they do. Wake up America! That poor lady needs to sue and take everyone involved and own everything they have. People start researching and you will see the truth. I know, I seen it and i am aware.

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 6:57 PM

5084 Dispicable!! This men don't deserve to work for law enforcement apperantley they don't know what that means- who will save us from any of them? Especially if they have all the power. We are no longer the people they SERVE and PROTECT but SUSPECTS in every corner to do as they will with us!

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 7:49 PM

24197 they are some sorry sobs' for sure.

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 8:58 PM

113197 We need to make this news viral, the whole world needs to know what happened in that house on that day.
No more respect for our Law Enforcement, America wake up!

Posted: Sep 04 2012, 10:06 PM

71184 Gee I wonder why they didn't inform her that they had a search warrant before they made the poor woman lay down, and shot her dog. What a bunch of scum bags, just because they are in police uniforms doesn't give them the right to do as they please..

Karma will get them back for what they did! Hopefully sooner than later.

Posted: Sep 05 2012, 4:17 AM

184167 anybody know what kind of dog is was??

Posted: Sep 05 2012, 6:08 AM

50126 I agree with "CUSTER"! If those motherfucking gestapos shot any of my dogs for no reason... I'd turn into the TERMINATOR and hunt them down one by one! The bad thing is that this is happening every day! Stop being afraid of those heavy badge wearing fucks. FIGHT BACK!
Kim M

Posted: Sep 05 2012, 7:36 AM

10828 Wow, so sad and unbelieveable. Cops have too much power ..>:(
peggyd

Posted: Sep 05 2012, 1:32 PM

714 Policeman's guns are an extension of their genitals. Ego, power and control is the drug they take. They probably took the marijuana plants and smoked it themselves.
joachim erk (germany)

Posted: Sep 05 2012, 2:14 PM

79220 i hope the granny takes a lawyer and sue their asses of!!!

Posted: Sep 05 2012, 3:48 PM

5099 Brought me to tears - I have mistrusted police for years. If you look at the background of these people you will findt hat they were bullies in school

I think we should hire the Hells Angels to 'take CARE'OF THESE THUGS'

Everyone should carry some sortof protection - knife, gun mace - whateverworks.......

This is horrible