Article posted Aug 28 2012, 4:53 PM Category: Tyranny/Police State Source: Davy V. Print

75 Year Old Grandmother Held Down At Gunpoint As Police Shoot & Kill Her Dog

by Davy V.

On August 15, 2012 Wayne County Sheriff's deputies, along with Macedon, NY Police broke into 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto's Plank Road home in the town of Walworth, NY, forced her at gunpoint to lay on her bathroom floor, screamed at her to close her eyes and stay down, then executed her dog "Duke."

Minutes earlier, Loquasto, who has had three strokes and a knee replacement, was on her computer when she heard loud smashing sounds, then saw what she described as several men dressed in black with masks on.

As she was laying on her bathroom floor Loquasto could hear the men talking in loud voices.

"The dog hadn't even barked, yet I heard one of them say, he's aggressive, shoot him! I'll never forget the sound of that gunshot and the blood flying everywhere. They did all this while forcing me to lay on the bathroom floor, screaming at me to stay down, and holding me at gunpoint. I couldn't get up if I wanted to. I'm 75 years old, had three strokes and knee replacement, and can hardly walk. There was nothing I could do to help my pet."

Unfortunately, Duke died a slow death.

"They shot him with a shotgun in such a manner that he ran around in pain and bled all over the house and suffered a slow, cruel death. There was no reason for this kind of treatment, they killed my dog for no reason. This was the sweetest and most gentle animal anyone could want, I would trust him with a baby."

As you can see in the photo, Duke did indeed suffer, bleeding out throughout the house, leaving a trail of blood in the hallways, stairs, walls and bedrooms, including on the bed where he used to sleep in.

Trail of blood on Phyllis Loquasto's stairs after her beloved dog "Duke" was shot by WayneNET Task Force officers.

Afterwards, Phyllis Loquasto was taken outside and placed inside a police car for over an hour in the heat.

It was then when officers showed her a search warrant, and it was then that Loquasto realized who these masked men who had just broke into her home, held her at gunpoint, screamed at her and executed her dog were -- police officers.

The 75 year old Loquasto was so afraid, she urinated on herself.

As a filmmaker, writer and activist exposing police misconduct and corruption, hearing stories of police officers abusing and violating innocent citizens' rights is nothing new.

In fact I receive an average of 20-25 calls weekly from people who either themselves, or a loved one, has been abused, harassed, or assaulted by law enforcement.

But I must admit, to hear of a 75 year old lady having been terrorized in her own home by a bunch of rogue, thugs in uniforms and masks, in a "home invasion-like" style, before executing her dog, left me speechless.

I Called Macedon, NY police and asked to speak to a public information officer. The woman who answered the phone asked me "What's that?" I explained to her it's usually a department official who is in charge of communicating with the press.

She replied "We don't have that."

I then proceeded to tell her about the incident with Duke, and before I could finish, she angrily cut me off and said "I'm sure if a grandmother would have been held down at gunpoint, I would have heard about that."

She then abruptly transferred me to the Chief, with whom I left a message on his voicemail.

About an hour later, I received a call from Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella.

After I thanked him for getting back to me, Chief Colella laughed and said "The media campaign continues."

I asked Chief Colella what he meant by that comment, but he completely ignored my question.

I then asked the Chief exactly what law enforcement agencies were present at the Plank Road residence.

Chief Colella said that a search warrant was executed by the Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team (WayneNET) on the residence.

He also said that he is the Task Force Commander.

Chief Colella told me that his task force seized several marijuana plants from the location, which he said belonged to Phyllis Loquasto's grandson.

He explained that the WayneNET team consists of the Wayne County, NY Sheriff's office, Macedon, NY Police, Clyde, NY Police, Lyons, NY Police, Newark, NY, Palmyra, NY Police, Sodus Point, NY Police, Wolcott, NY Police and the Wayne County, NY District Attorney's office.

Chief Colella confirmed that the only person inside the location was 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto.

Having sensed an obvious sense of sarcasm on the Chief's part, with his earlier comment, about the "media campaign continues", as well as what I would describe as the non-chalant, hesitant, and "careful" tone of his voice, not giving many details, I decided to get down to brass tax with the Chief.

I asked him about police officers holding down a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, and it was clear that Chief Colella wasn't comfortable answering my question.

But perhaps more interesting, he never denied officers doing this to Loquasto.

Instead, Chief Colella made sure to choose his words very carefully, stating that all he would say is that she (the grandmother) was "held in place" by officers.

Again, when I asked Chief Colella if in fact officers with his WayneNET task force held a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, Chief Colella replied "I don't care if she is 2 years old or 75 years old."

I think Chief Colella must have realized that his statement would not look good, so he decided to do some 'damage control' by quickly adding "We needed to secure the location and since there was a dangerous animal, we were holding her down for her own safety."

Are you kidding me?

"Dangerous animal?"

"Holding her down for her own safety?"

Duke was her pet!

After a few more minutes of talking with Chief Colella, it became more and more clear that as is common with law enforcement officials, especially in cases of misconduct and abuse, the "cover-up" had already begun, and Chief Colella, along with his WayneNET task force, clearly have their story which they have every intention of sticking to.

Contact Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella and let him know how you feel.

Macedon, NY Police Chief
and WayneNET Commander
John P. Colella
315-986-7103, -7262, -5932
E-mail: jpcolella@rochester.rr.com

WayneNET Sgt.
Roger LaClair
(315) 947-9711

WayneNET
Chief Deputy
Bob Hetzke
(315) 946-9711
__
Davy V. is a Cuban-American Filmmaker, Video Producer, Photographer and Freelance Writer, best known for using the power of video and film to expose Police Brutality, Corruption and Misconduct. Davy V.'s work has been featured in publications such as THE SOURCE Hip Hop Magazine, URBAN AMERICA Magazine, The Ave. Magazine, Insider Magazine, La Voz Newspaper, Minority Reporter Newspaper, CNY LATINO Newspaper, DOWN Magazine, as well as on television news stations, and programs such as CNN and Inside Edition. In addition to his freelance writing, Davy V. also writes a monthly Op/Ed Column for LA VOZ Magazine and Minority Reporter Newspaper.

- Cops Beat Man & 7-Month Pregnant Wife Then Deleted The Video, But It Survived On The Cloud
- WTF ATF: The ATF's Fake Retail Stores, Bad Behavior... And Why It Only Came Out Because They Failed To Pay Rent
- Exonerated Man Says Cops Forced Confession
- Iowa: Cops May Not Snoop On DUI Consultations With Lawyers
- Did They Want More Violence In Ferguson? 10 'Coincidences' Too Glaring To Ignore
- Good Samaritan Hands Lost Purse To Cop, Cop Steals Cash Before Returning
- Cop Keeps Job After First DUI, Now He's Being Charged With A Second
- It's "An Extortion Racket:" Police Chief Moved to Tears After Exposing Corruption in His Department

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 8:54 PM

70194 That first coment person wrote that was ass .look when they busted some dirty cops for selling doing mariuana .they didn't tear harrass there family at gun point .sure not all cops are honest some are good some are bad ...but those guys or plane out evil ...kill I 75 year old woman dogs come on now .....

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 9:21 PM

70194 The cops in are neighbours...the cop why I'mean a detective we told about drugs ..hard drugs pain killers opanans ....they form heroin being sold same cop we reported he got busted for using buying and selling perscription .....there's good cops there's bad cops .....but there's no sense in taking a 75 year old woman .at gunpoint .and .kil.ing her dog have to cops around here just take to people stop and let them go .maybe they are they catch them

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 5:52 AM

70194 Why don't they go after the pushers ....or the doctors oxy cotton fill our streets a form of heroin and it's a perscription drug .. I told the det.ectives about businesses that sell them .does businessi sthere still i n business .and told him I bothered certain doctor right not the cotton to pregnant women .they do nothing but sell but yet they let that stop got.people Robin still to get the money for .those prescriptions getting close to being the number 1 killer .opiates ....how California you could buy marijuana with a prescription card .medical card to smoke .what threat was 75year woman they kill her life long friend family dog . Get people selling bath salts

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 6:53 AM

70194 Look also what cops did in la stomp woman private beat her to death .cops anymore get away with all kinds of murder even killing dog harassing that poor woman cops anymore I like the game they were their colors .some are good but the bad . need to be held accountable ....cops need to be held accountable for their abuse .not protected the boysare out there being bad .....they're not all bad some are good but G 2 many cases gone by were the bad ones get away with murder .....it makes you not wanna call them anymore

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 7:07 AM

70194 Look also what cops did in la stomp woman private beat her to death .cops anymore they get away with all kinds of murder even killing dog harassing that poor woman cops anymore like the gangs they were their colors .some are good but the bad like hell angles . need to be held accountable ....cops need to be held accountable for their abuse .not protected being bad .....they're not all bad some are good but G 2 many cases gone by were the bad ones get away with murder .....it makes you not wanna call them anymore .
Correct Numbers

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 9:31 AM

7271 Those phone numbers are not right.
These are the numbers for the Police of that town
315-986-7103, -7262, -5932
The first number you have listed rolls over to 911 of that area
JRZGRL1

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:45 AM

2496 Boy, there are a lot of sick people posting here. This was a 75-year-old woman. The marijuana (if it even existed in the first place and wasn't some sort of excuse for a bunch of hooligans - oh excuse me police - to break in & execute a dog) belonged to her grandson. Anyone who thinks this action on the part of hooligans - excuse me, police - is somehow justified are themselves on drugs & drugs that are a lot stronger than marijuana. The unjustified killings of canine family members are a national epidemic. I am glad I don't live in this place because it would be very hard for me to not be in front of the police station screaming. RIP sweet Duke.
JRZGRL1

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 10:47 AM

2496 Ditto "Correct Numbers" - the first number is the 911 number. Just tried it.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 12:09 PM

Thanks, I updated the numbers, the ones posted previously when Googled are still on the police's site, I wonder if they rerouted them or what.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 12:19 PM

2471 I sobbed reading how those thugs broke into a 75 year old gentle woman's home and held her at gunpoint. When is it going to stop? People in New York, Come On, out with the signs and picketting where this police station is at. How about some posters all over New York with "RIP sweet Duke" tieing in with JRZGRL1's comment? This needs to be on the front page of every newspaper and headlining all television stations. I'm appalled and cannot express the rage I feel toward those low-lying cowards. The same in Canada. I'm 61 years old and had my door kicked in not once but twice by the same cop and the RDCO (Regional District Central Okanagan) dog pound. My prayers are for the dear lady in her suffering. May you have peace knowing Duke is no longer suffering. Remember Karma? They'll pay in God's time.
KYGrannieD

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 8:11 PM

9628 You know, you give them a badge and a gun and the think they are freaking above the law. I hope they all freaking bleed out some day and suffer the pain of this dog. He did nothing to them and didn't even bark. What a bunch of shit this police force employs. If this poor soul has one bruise on her body, I hope she sues them into hell where they belong. RIP little boy. You will see your mom again some day.
Leah77

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 8:14 PM

7193 you piece-of-SHIT-dirty-COPS really make me sick to the core.

i am so fuckin' tired of your filthy VERMIN.

COPS are just a waste of space; waste of air to breathe; waste of life altogether.

DIE SLOW... police officers my ass.

REAL police officers are decent. COPS, on the other hand, are CRIMINALS who should be IMPRISONED.
Standing for Justice.

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 8:22 PM

9220 This absolutely disgusted me when I read this, grown men in uniforms forcing an elderly woman onto the floor while they shoot the animal she loved in front of her had also the horror of seeing him die slowly and in pain.....this just makes my blood boil.
I don't give a damn if her grandson had narcotics this dosen't excuse thier behaviour, how dare they justify themselves using this as an escape goat this behaviour is inexcusable.
It saddens me how far humans can go in thier coldness towards how they treat others.
What an awful experience for this poor lady I wouldn't wonder if she dosen't suffer from post traumatic stress after this incident.
I would take this to the very top....they could do this to someone else.

Starr

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 8:23 PM

2452 The questions are; Why didn't they produce the warrant before they entered? Another is why were they aggressive with the grandmother? When they found out she had a dog why did they not let her contain the dog? The Police have become so aggressive in their actions that they forget one of these days it could be them or their family members and it won't be other police officers it could be other thugs an or Karma. In the Bible it says to treat others as you would have them treat you. I guess the police don't believe in GOD. Oh and if what you did wasn't illegal then why cover it up?

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 8:24 PM

64139 Are policeman really trying their best to make all hate them? I'm so sick of this. My prayers are that since there is nothing we can do is that God will convict their hearts and make them suffer. I've heard of at least 20 cases this yr of innocent pets being murdered and the cops saying, "they're aggressive".....never realized cops were so chicken and scared of animals...they hide behind their guns.
Dana Corby

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 8:34 PM

98125 Not only is this a heinous act on the part of the ironically-named 'peace officers' against a helpless old lady and her beloved dog, this is a semi-illiterate article. "Brass tax?" You have GOT to be kidding me!
Larry V

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 8:42 PM

72223 Pigs!!!!

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 8:43 PM

70194 you know if the woman had no warrants ....and with 75 years old ...the p lease could I kindly ask her to turn herself in knocking on the door .....rushing in like the Nazis of the Red Army ....is wrong if she was the law abiding citizen for many years and never that's all she did wrong they should treat her like a human .....there are to be a lot to protect said it says from people rushing and I could see if she was a big time he drug dealer .. shoot someone dogs they could ask her to contain the dogs and put them in another room please need to stop and rain peoples houses that way .. unless the big time drug dealers come on and don't kill their dog .this is not the first case where they kill dogs a walking into the mall what time now
SadPanda

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 8:43 PM

67181 Police force is a joke. Every single one that entered the house is so terrified of a SINGLE dog they have to put it down? Are they wearing panties or boxers? No wonder it's so easy being a criminal.
Valerie

Posted: Aug 31 2012, 8:47 PM

24113 @Typicurrmudgeon
Your comment makes me sick. You sir are the kinds of filth that should be thrown in prison. Guess what asshole, I was rapped by a WHITE man and I found a BLACK man who loves me and my WHITE son so there goes your sick and twisted theory.

As for this poor woman and her innocent dog this is complete and totally illegal. Im so sick of hearing stories about the authorities doing what ever they wish simply because they wear a badge. When I went in after being rapped to the Lakewood Police Department in Washington state covered in bruises the cop asked me "what did you do to make him mad?" The guy was never charged with anything because I didn't do a rape kit. Didn't matter that I had bruise shaped hand prints.

I thought they take an oath to "serve and protect"