Article posted Aug 28 2012, 4:53 PM Category: Tyranny/Police State Source: Davy V. Print

75 Year Old Grandmother Held Down At Gunpoint As Police Shoot & Kill Her Dog

by Davy V.

On August 15, 2012 Wayne County Sheriff's deputies, along with Macedon, NY Police broke into 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto's Plank Road home in the town of Walworth, NY, forced her at gunpoint to lay on her bathroom floor, screamed at her to close her eyes and stay down, then executed her dog "Duke."

Minutes earlier, Loquasto, who has had three strokes and a knee replacement, was on her computer when she heard loud smashing sounds, then saw what she described as several men dressed in black with masks on.

As she was laying on her bathroom floor Loquasto could hear the men talking in loud voices.

"The dog hadn't even barked, yet I heard one of them say, he's aggressive, shoot him! I'll never forget the sound of that gunshot and the blood flying everywhere. They did all this while forcing me to lay on the bathroom floor, screaming at me to stay down, and holding me at gunpoint. I couldn't get up if I wanted to. I'm 75 years old, had three strokes and knee replacement, and can hardly walk. There was nothing I could do to help my pet."

Unfortunately, Duke died a slow death.

"They shot him with a shotgun in such a manner that he ran around in pain and bled all over the house and suffered a slow, cruel death. There was no reason for this kind of treatment, they killed my dog for no reason. This was the sweetest and most gentle animal anyone could want, I would trust him with a baby."

As you can see in the photo, Duke did indeed suffer, bleeding out throughout the house, leaving a trail of blood in the hallways, stairs, walls and bedrooms, including on the bed where he used to sleep in.

Trail of blood on Phyllis Loquasto's stairs after her beloved dog "Duke" was shot by WayneNET Task Force officers.

Afterwards, Phyllis Loquasto was taken outside and placed inside a police car for over an hour in the heat.

It was then when officers showed her a search warrant, and it was then that Loquasto realized who these masked men who had just broke into her home, held her at gunpoint, screamed at her and executed her dog were -- police officers.

The 75 year old Loquasto was so afraid, she urinated on herself.

As a filmmaker, writer and activist exposing police misconduct and corruption, hearing stories of police officers abusing and violating innocent citizens' rights is nothing new.

In fact I receive an average of 20-25 calls weekly from people who either themselves, or a loved one, has been abused, harassed, or assaulted by law enforcement.

But I must admit, to hear of a 75 year old lady having been terrorized in her own home by a bunch of rogue, thugs in uniforms and masks, in a "home invasion-like" style, before executing her dog, left me speechless.

I Called Macedon, NY police and asked to speak to a public information officer. The woman who answered the phone asked me "What's that?" I explained to her it's usually a department official who is in charge of communicating with the press.

She replied "We don't have that."

I then proceeded to tell her about the incident with Duke, and before I could finish, she angrily cut me off and said "I'm sure if a grandmother would have been held down at gunpoint, I would have heard about that."

She then abruptly transferred me to the Chief, with whom I left a message on his voicemail.

About an hour later, I received a call from Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella.

After I thanked him for getting back to me, Chief Colella laughed and said "The media campaign continues."

I asked Chief Colella what he meant by that comment, but he completely ignored my question.

I then asked the Chief exactly what law enforcement agencies were present at the Plank Road residence.

Chief Colella said that a search warrant was executed by the Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team (WayneNET) on the residence.

He also said that he is the Task Force Commander.

Chief Colella told me that his task force seized several marijuana plants from the location, which he said belonged to Phyllis Loquasto's grandson.

He explained that the WayneNET team consists of the Wayne County, NY Sheriff's office, Macedon, NY Police, Clyde, NY Police, Lyons, NY Police, Newark, NY, Palmyra, NY Police, Sodus Point, NY Police, Wolcott, NY Police and the Wayne County, NY District Attorney's office.

Chief Colella confirmed that the only person inside the location was 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto.

Having sensed an obvious sense of sarcasm on the Chief's part, with his earlier comment, about the "media campaign continues", as well as what I would describe as the non-chalant, hesitant, and "careful" tone of his voice, not giving many details, I decided to get down to brass tax with the Chief.

I asked him about police officers holding down a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, and it was clear that Chief Colella wasn't comfortable answering my question.

But perhaps more interesting, he never denied officers doing this to Loquasto.

Instead, Chief Colella made sure to choose his words very carefully, stating that all he would say is that she (the grandmother) was "held in place" by officers.

Again, when I asked Chief Colella if in fact officers with his WayneNET task force held a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, Chief Colella replied "I don't care if she is 2 years old or 75 years old."

I think Chief Colella must have realized that his statement would not look good, so he decided to do some 'damage control' by quickly adding "We needed to secure the location and since there was a dangerous animal, we were holding her down for her own safety."

Are you kidding me?

"Dangerous animal?"

"Holding her down for her own safety?"

Duke was her pet!

After a few more minutes of talking with Chief Colella, it became more and more clear that as is common with law enforcement officials, especially in cases of misconduct and abuse, the "cover-up" had already begun, and Chief Colella, along with his WayneNET task force, clearly have their story which they have every intention of sticking to.

Contact Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella and let him know how you feel.

Macedon, NY Police Chief
and WayneNET Commander
John P. Colella
315-986-7103, -7262, -5932
E-mail: jpcolella@rochester.rr.com

WayneNET Sgt.
Roger LaClair
(315) 947-9711

WayneNET
Chief Deputy
Bob Hetzke
(315) 946-9711
__
Davy V. is a Cuban-American Filmmaker, Video Producer, Photographer and Freelance Writer, best known for using the power of video and film to expose Police Brutality, Corruption and Misconduct. Davy V.'s work has been featured in publications such as THE SOURCE Hip Hop Magazine, URBAN AMERICA Magazine, The Ave. Magazine, Insider Magazine, La Voz Newspaper, Minority Reporter Newspaper, CNY LATINO Newspaper, DOWN Magazine, as well as on television news stations, and programs such as CNN and Inside Edition. In addition to his freelance writing, Davy V. also writes a monthly Op/Ed Column for LA VOZ Magazine and Minority Reporter Newspaper.

- "We Have Been a Paramilitary Organization": How the Police Talk When They Think We're Not Listening
- Withheld Evidence Will Cost Los Angeles Cops
- Tucson Cop Leaves Photographer Hospitalized after Claiming he was Blinded by Flash
- Man Calls Cops To Report Vandals At His Home, They Show Up And Kill Him
- Austin Police Officer Tries To Paint Police Accountability Groups As 'Domestic Extremists' In FOIA'ed Emails
- Delaware Court Overturns Hearsay Traffic Stops
- This Week's Corrupt Cops Stories
- Government Seeks To Steal Elderly Car Crash Victim's Home Over Single Missed Property Tax Payment

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 6:51 AM

17375 I would kill any body, and I mean anybody who shot one of my dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 7:53 AM

9223 shocking
s.j.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 8:20 AM

17322 @74101 You are full of crap "Unfortunate Incident my a**. I don\\\\\\\'t care what the woman did, or the dog, nothing especially a few pot plants, warrants this level of brutality. The punishment here just doesn't fit the crime..period. Cops need to use their heads more instead of their damn guns. I think they watch too many action movies and fancy themselves some kind of star in one. Chicken Sh**ts scared of an old woman and a dog. They are the Wussy ones. You must be one of the cops involved if not, where are you gettin your facts?????

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 8:40 AM

19212 I think we should start a petition on change.org to get him removed from office.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 8:55 AM

92236 @TYPICURRMUDGEON did you even read this article!!!? Their job is to make the streets safe and yet they are the ones terrorizing people and MURDERING peoples beloved pet! thats is a disgrace. There was other ways to get into someone house calmly and PROFESSIONALLY without pointing a gun at a 75 YEAR old lady! imagine if it was you Mum/Nan/Sister or your pet!
rex

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 9:14 AM

76125 90% of all cops are ego driven individuals anyway. They don't pay enough money to carry a bulls eye on your back for the pay they make. The only way to make money in law enforcement is to be high in the ranks. And only a very few make it there. The rest of them are adrenaline junkies. You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop, and I'm an upstanding citizen. And that's the irony of it.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 10:10 AM

9642 The police department should be sued. They were not securing the site. About as bad as the police going through and shooting all the dogs after Katrina came through. Shame on you officers. I agree they should have this trama come to them at their own homes.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 10:11 AM

75109 BULLSHIT I HOPE SHE SUES THEIR ASS'S & WINS. THERE WAS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS BULLSHIT. I HOPE THEM OFFICERS ROT IN HELL FOR WHAT THEY DID. BASTARDS,POS.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 10:21 AM

6666 Oh no a dog died guise! boo hoo hoo

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 10:35 AM

17488 to the guy with the big mouth u should be shot like that dog was i think the world would be a better place with out your comments typicurrmudgeon i hope a dog ripes u apart and one day you get held a gunponit you speake of shit you dont even know i hope you died a panful death you peice of shit and i hope a black man rapes your grandmother cause hes high on marajuana you stupid american

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 11:23 AM

6666 I love how half way through, the article becomes about the wannabe reporter.

"As a filmmaker, writer and activist exposing police misconduct.."

Nobody cares... write about what happened, what the "victim" said, and what the police said. Getting outraged over an event that you haven't dedicated your fullest investigation effort is a waste of everyone's time.

"Having sensed an obvious sense of sarcasm on the Chief's part, with his earlier comment, about the "media campaign continues", as well as what I would describe as the non-chalant, hesitant, and "careful" tone of his voice."

That's all conjecture, Mr. Journalist.

"Clearly have their story which they have every intention of sticking to."

Conjecture, and the same thing could be said about the grandmother and her drug dealer grandson. What is there agenda? Make the police look bad so the grandson has an easier time in court (if he has been arrested/charged with a crime which is something you don't mention).

What's the worst thing that even happened here? They shot some dog? They made some poor old woman lay on the floor at gun point? Both are overreactions sure, and probably boils down to a couple of stupid cops trying to be tough guys. But they are doing what they have to.

Just because she's a 75-year-old woman doesn't mean she is incapable of an act of violence. I'm pretty sure she can pull a trigger. Also it doesn't appear that the cops injured her in any major way other than killing her dog.

But we know nothing of the dog. I don't know if he's a fucking 100 pound pitbull or a 10 pound poodle. Based on the blood, I'm going to guess he is pretty big. But I doubt he didn't bark at all. I've had plenty of dogs, and when someone strange (or even someone I know) comes into my house... my dogs tend to let me know about it.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 11:57 AM

184144 Fucken disgusting. This police force must be brought to the courts...get CNN in here!
Angry

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 12:04 PM

7277 Like most normal,sane,rational people I was/am upset and ANGRY at what took place here.Instead of feeding on my anger I want to know what can be done to stop this madness and remove these people from their positions of (legal)abuse.Obviously whoever shot the dog and forced this woman to lie face down shouldn't be allowed to have a gun.Is there any precedent to take them to court for animal abuse?
Wonder how chief Colletti would like to have this happen to his grandmother,doubt if he'd find any humor or excuse for it.
Unfortunately for the majority of law enforcement these few jerks tarnish all the good most of them do.
Wants the whole truth.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 12:07 PM

216188 I know exactly what the chief meant by media campaign continues. What he meant was exactly what you posted. There are so few details, you just take the word of someone who allows illegal activities to happen in her house (and don't even go there and try to say she didn't know, that would be so hypocritical) without getting any details, such as "what kind of dog was it?" And for those of you who are apparently ignorant, there are dogs who do NOT bark when they are attacking. DUH! While I'm sorry the dog suffered, the person who SHOULD be getting slammed here is the law breakers. The grandma (anyone do a drug test on HER?) and the grandson who was the reason the house was broken into.

@the anonymous poster 81161: When you have been on the receiving end of a supposedly "helpless" senior citizen who attacks with cooking implements, ashtrays, etc, then you can open your fat mouth about how they should treat ANYONE. Personally, I think the old lady is lying through her teeth about being forced to lie on the floor, UNLESS she tried to attack the police.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 12:09 PM

9825 regardless of there being drugs in the house, the law is, to correctly identify yourself and serve her with a warrant. none of these things were done. great job on getting your conviction thrown out of court, cops! and if there were pot plants in the home it is still no excuse to go about it the way they did. the laws are in place for a reason. more and more, every day the police are become less and less the civil servants or protectors of the public and more and more the political lap dogs they are. the war on drugs is losing, it has been and the statistics show that this country has the highest drug problems over, lets say a country that doesn't criminalize drugs, like switzerland. their unemployment is down, stds are no longer on the rise, crimes have DRASTICALLY dropped. when you make something wrong, stupid people with no will power will do it more. its a losing war, just like the one we are already in.
Zak Helen

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 1:38 PM

85237 This is an appalling incident of abuse of an elderly lady and extreme cruelty to animals. These officers need disiplining and removing from the force!!!

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 1:39 PM

9630 In the USA Marijuana is classified the same as cocaine. The so called war on drugs has created "busts" like this one. There is no need for any of this in the first place. If a warrant is issued for a crack dealer who is dealing it to kids near a school you would want him off the streets I would presume. What if he had over a pound of that garbage in the premises when he was busted by the police? Now think if this drug dealer lived with his grandmother who knew about the dealing and owned her own gun? She and the grandson also owned a vicious dog to protect their stash? This is not as far fetched as you might think. This is the mind set of the police when they enter a home with a warrant because there is credible evidence enough that a judge issued the warrant in the first place.
Instead it turns out to be the story that it is, sad, but true.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 2:19 PM

95199 Fuck the police.

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 2:23 PM

217164 its just disgusting when some pc of shit suddenly got some power and thought that they r GOD and can do whatever they want..this ''human'' have no moral's , no education , very low selfconfidence .. they r just a pc of SHIT...and they should be punished..!!!!!

Posted: Sep 01 2012, 2:27 PM

18499 WTF??? This is outrageous and so WRONG!!! What the hell is going on in the police category?? I can't even believe this shit!!!!!! How insane is this crap!!!! OMG!!!!