Article posted Aug 28 2012, 4:53 PM Category: Tyranny/Police State Source: Davy V. Print

75 Year Old Grandmother Held Down At Gunpoint As Police Shoot & Kill Her Dog

by Davy V.

On August 15, 2012 Wayne County Sheriff's deputies, along with Macedon, NY Police broke into 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto's Plank Road home in the town of Walworth, NY, forced her at gunpoint to lay on her bathroom floor, screamed at her to close her eyes and stay down, then executed her dog "Duke."

Minutes earlier, Loquasto, who has had three strokes and a knee replacement, was on her computer when she heard loud smashing sounds, then saw what she described as several men dressed in black with masks on.

As she was laying on her bathroom floor Loquasto could hear the men talking in loud voices.

"The dog hadn't even barked, yet I heard one of them say, he's aggressive, shoot him! I'll never forget the sound of that gunshot and the blood flying everywhere. They did all this while forcing me to lay on the bathroom floor, screaming at me to stay down, and holding me at gunpoint. I couldn't get up if I wanted to. I'm 75 years old, had three strokes and knee replacement, and can hardly walk. There was nothing I could do to help my pet."

Unfortunately, Duke died a slow death.

"They shot him with a shotgun in such a manner that he ran around in pain and bled all over the house and suffered a slow, cruel death. There was no reason for this kind of treatment, they killed my dog for no reason. This was the sweetest and most gentle animal anyone could want, I would trust him with a baby."

As you can see in the photo, Duke did indeed suffer, bleeding out throughout the house, leaving a trail of blood in the hallways, stairs, walls and bedrooms, including on the bed where he used to sleep in.

Trail of blood on Phyllis Loquasto's stairs after her beloved dog "Duke" was shot by WayneNET Task Force officers.

Afterwards, Phyllis Loquasto was taken outside and placed inside a police car for over an hour in the heat.

It was then when officers showed her a search warrant, and it was then that Loquasto realized who these masked men who had just broke into her home, held her at gunpoint, screamed at her and executed her dog were -- police officers.

The 75 year old Loquasto was so afraid, she urinated on herself.

As a filmmaker, writer and activist exposing police misconduct and corruption, hearing stories of police officers abusing and violating innocent citizens' rights is nothing new.

In fact I receive an average of 20-25 calls weekly from people who either themselves, or a loved one, has been abused, harassed, or assaulted by law enforcement.

But I must admit, to hear of a 75 year old lady having been terrorized in her own home by a bunch of rogue, thugs in uniforms and masks, in a "home invasion-like" style, before executing her dog, left me speechless.

I Called Macedon, NY police and asked to speak to a public information officer. The woman who answered the phone asked me "What's that?" I explained to her it's usually a department official who is in charge of communicating with the press.

She replied "We don't have that."

I then proceeded to tell her about the incident with Duke, and before I could finish, she angrily cut me off and said "I'm sure if a grandmother would have been held down at gunpoint, I would have heard about that."

She then abruptly transferred me to the Chief, with whom I left a message on his voicemail.

About an hour later, I received a call from Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella.

After I thanked him for getting back to me, Chief Colella laughed and said "The media campaign continues."

I asked Chief Colella what he meant by that comment, but he completely ignored my question.

I then asked the Chief exactly what law enforcement agencies were present at the Plank Road residence.

Chief Colella said that a search warrant was executed by the Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team (WayneNET) on the residence.

He also said that he is the Task Force Commander.

Chief Colella told me that his task force seized several marijuana plants from the location, which he said belonged to Phyllis Loquasto's grandson.

He explained that the WayneNET team consists of the Wayne County, NY Sheriff's office, Macedon, NY Police, Clyde, NY Police, Lyons, NY Police, Newark, NY, Palmyra, NY Police, Sodus Point, NY Police, Wolcott, NY Police and the Wayne County, NY District Attorney's office.

Chief Colella confirmed that the only person inside the location was 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto.

Having sensed an obvious sense of sarcasm on the Chief's part, with his earlier comment, about the "media campaign continues", as well as what I would describe as the non-chalant, hesitant, and "careful" tone of his voice, not giving many details, I decided to get down to brass tax with the Chief.

I asked him about police officers holding down a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, and it was clear that Chief Colella wasn't comfortable answering my question.

But perhaps more interesting, he never denied officers doing this to Loquasto.

Instead, Chief Colella made sure to choose his words very carefully, stating that all he would say is that she (the grandmother) was "held in place" by officers.

Again, when I asked Chief Colella if in fact officers with his WayneNET task force held a 75 year old grandmother at gunpoint on her bathroom floor, Chief Colella replied "I don't care if she is 2 years old or 75 years old."

I think Chief Colella must have realized that his statement would not look good, so he decided to do some 'damage control' by quickly adding "We needed to secure the location and since there was a dangerous animal, we were holding her down for her own safety."

Are you kidding me?

"Dangerous animal?"

"Holding her down for her own safety?"

Duke was her pet!

After a few more minutes of talking with Chief Colella, it became more and more clear that as is common with law enforcement officials, especially in cases of misconduct and abuse, the "cover-up" had already begun, and Chief Colella, along with his WayneNET task force, clearly have their story which they have every intention of sticking to.

Contact Macedon, NY Police Chief John P. Colella and let him know how you feel.

Macedon, NY Police Chief
and WayneNET Commander
John P. Colella
315-986-7103, -7262, -5932
E-mail: jpcolella@rochester.rr.com

WayneNET Sgt.
Roger LaClair
(315) 947-9711

WayneNET
Chief Deputy
Bob Hetzke
(315) 946-9711
__
Davy V. is a Cuban-American Filmmaker, Video Producer, Photographer and Freelance Writer, best known for using the power of video and film to expose Police Brutality, Corruption and Misconduct. Davy V.'s work has been featured in publications such as THE SOURCE Hip Hop Magazine, URBAN AMERICA Magazine, The Ave. Magazine, Insider Magazine, La Voz Newspaper, Minority Reporter Newspaper, CNY LATINO Newspaper, DOWN Magazine, as well as on television news stations, and programs such as CNN and Inside Edition. In addition to his freelance writing, Davy V. also writes a monthly Op/Ed Column for LA VOZ Magazine and Minority Reporter Newspaper.

- Tamir Rice: 12-Year-Old Boy Playing With Fake Gun Dies After Being Shot By Police In Ohio Park
- Killings By Police in Utah Outpacing Gang, Drug, Child-Abuse, and Spousal Homicides
- Prior to Being Exposed, Deputies Were Strip Searching Children in Philly Family Court
- Home-school Parents Tasered, Pepper-Sprayed, Handcuffed, for "Messy House" As Kids Watched
- Cop Tells Kid "What Are You Going To Do If I Violate His Rights?" - Then He Sees Cop Watchers.
- No Charges For Cop Filmed Breaking Man's Face For Failure To ID, "Shoulder Thrust" Made Cop Fear For His Safety
- This is What a High School Football Game Looks Like In a Police State
- Very Large Cop Waylays High School Girl, Chaos Ensues After Students Become Angry at the Deputy

Comments 1 - 20 of 286 Add Comment Page of 15 >
dougo

Posted: Aug 28 2012, 10:25 PM

687 We need to start teaching our dogs how to handle a weapon and shoot back at the [human] animals.
Peter

Posted: Aug 29 2012, 3:43 AM

81161 That's no way to treat a Lady .
Shame on you, coward-pigs !
Bruce

Posted: Aug 29 2012, 10:15 AM

2469 [Post deleted: Cool it with the racism - Chris, IL]
Peter

Posted: Aug 29 2012, 11:55 AM

81161 Bruce, that comment is way out of line, on multiple levels .

@ Chris : Lately I have seen a disturbing amount of comments that seem
to originate from American neo-nazis .

I think Wilhelm would disapprove of comments like Bruce's ?
Bruce

Posted: Aug 29 2012, 2:04 PM

2469 [Post deleted]

Posted: Aug 29 2012, 3:42 PM

Hey Peter, hopefully people understand with open comments anyone can post anything, I tend not to delete comments, but I agree it's a bit much. (I've never even heard most of his slurs, lulz)

Please, Bruce cool it with the racism, it's not constructive. Regardless, it's more likely these cops were trained in Iraq than Israel, most cops in America were former military.

Posted: Aug 29 2012, 4:45 PM

98112 I sent in an email to those A-holes :)
TYPICURRMUDGEON.

Posted: Aug 29 2012, 10:20 PM

68255 I am happy to hear the NY police are actually doing their jobs instead of letting people smoke marihuana in the "privacy" of their own home. She deserved to be slammed and held at gunpoint, so should a 2 year old if they have marihuana. DOESN'T MATTER if you are 3 weeks old!! Growing it is even worse!! That's the devil's plant! It harms our children and makes blacks and mexicans rape white women. YOUR WHITE WOMEN. Your daughters/sisters, your wife, your grandmother! I am glad citizen's taxes support these fine officers, anything it takes to prevent our white women from being raped or are kids becoming lazy hooligans. 75 year old lady should have followed the rules. ALL OF THEM. You want the change the rules, go through the process!! That's how it's done. You don't follow the rules and you get slammed and held at gunpoint. That's how the world works.

I read another article about a BLACK kid smoking a Marihuana blunt and ate it when being confronted. Well, our tax monies also go to great things like public surveillance cameras and he was caught on the IRIS System. He deserved to be tackled and forced to throw it up, AND thrown in jail. THAT'S 100 LESS RAPES WHEN EVERY BLACK PERSON IS IN JAIL. Throw them all in there.

/idwtlitwa
Liz

Posted: Aug 29 2012, 10:21 PM

98119 Show a little class guys....
TYPICURRMUDGEON.

Posted: Aug 29 2012, 10:22 PM

68255 oh... and screw her stupid dog. He was just an accessory to the crime.

/idwtlitwa

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 1:49 AM

116202 police are now becoming terrorist.
Police fuck of !!

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 4:08 AM

81207 I hate the animal killers,bether go finde a good job you blody police mother fucker
not him

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 4:09 AM

76105 @TYPICURRMUDGEON

Well alcohol causes countless deaths due to dunk driving, is a major factor in the rapes of thousands of women by men of all colors but you apparently know nothing on the subject. So by your logic it's the "Devils Drink" and we should bust every bar in the country.
When did pot cause a rape, and for that matter only in minorities, white people smoke just as much pot as anyone else, but you probably never went to college so you wouldn't know anything about that.

More people are raped, die, or are affected by alcohol related incidents (such as spousal and child abuse) than pot related incidents 100 to 1.

You have no clue what you are talking about, I'll let you go back to kissing your Hitler portrait you judgmental, racist douche.

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 5:07 AM

71236 @not him

If you didn't catch the dripping satire oozing from his post, perhaps you should go and reread it. Please stop failing at reading comprehension.
Malcolm Kyle

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 9:17 AM

82170 According to Paul Craig Roberts, a former editor of the Wall Street Journal and former assistant secretary to the treasury under Ronald Reagan, "Police in the US now rival criminals, and exceed terrorists as the greatest threat to the American public."

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 10:05 AM

17313 I wonder when people will get fed up enough to start actively seeking "violent revenge"? That personality type isn't fit to exist. No human should have that much power over another human. That cop could have raped her and gotten away with it on top of killing her dog. We the people need to break free of the conditioning that makes us feel that we need help from Government Authority and solve our own problems with the addition of being compassionate towards one another. Exercise the right to a militia.The corruption and borderline constitutional treason has become so evident lately. Who gives a shit if her grandson was growing some pot? Its a harmless plant that's inspired millions of successful people. The only reason such violent crime surrounds it is because its ILLEGAL. Its a no-brainer. Buy a gun, open carry everywhere and exercise your rights and PROTECT them at all costs to the fascist gestapo, then come tell me how much safer things become. Damn these articles piss me off..
custer

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 10:18 AM

205223 75 year old grandma ought to go spend her last few days holding down that cheif with a truck in his own driveway and blowing his fucking brains out, if it was my dog, every cop in the town would have to deal with my shotgun.
Peter

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 10:36 AM

81161 @ Chris :
Thank you..
I'm no fan of censorship either, but I do believe it's OK to open the window when somebody has a brain-fart :)
Also, the guy could be an agent provocateur, even we foreigners know how damaging unreflected anti-semitic BS can be to a web-site in the US.
With all the cop-violence you document it's entirely possible they would want to shut you up for a while !

@ Custer :
What I don't get is why there isn't a total outcry about the fact that they don't know how to treat an old lady . Seriously, how can an old lady be ANY 'threat' to a bunch of combat-clad and trained young men, armed to the teeth ?? That's why I think those cops are all COWARDS !

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 12:31 PM

6666 we the people need to start fighting back

Posted: Aug 30 2012, 8:31 PM

70194 They should bust into cops house kill there dogs scare there family on floor at gun point on floor like they did that poor 75 year old would woman .....thats god aluful of the cops killed her dog ..then they try to justifie what they did .....above the law ....who the bad guy ...
Comments 1 - 20 of 286 Page of 15 >