Cop shoots unarmed man lying face-down on ground, police say shooting justifiedChris | InformationLiberation
From The Chicago Tribune:
In the video, Flint Farmer was lying on the grass between the curb and the sidewalk. It was shortly before 2 a.m. on a June morning in the West Englewood neighborhood, and Farmer had been shot by a Chicago police officer. Then, according to the video, the veteran officer, Gildardo Sierra, stepped onto the parkway and walked a semicircle about the prone Farmer as three bright flashes went off.Read the full story here, this is just the latest in a huge string of completely unaccountable killings.
The flashes, captured by a police car video camera, were fatal shots fired into Farmer's back, officials say.
That shooting was the third by the officer since January — and the second fatality in those six months, records show.
Sierra fired 16 shots at Farmer, hitting him seven times, autopsy reports show. A Cook County deputy medical examiner, after performing an autopsy and later reviewing the video, said the three shots in the back were the fatal wounds.
Sierra told investigators he feared for his life because he believed Farmer had a gun.
In fact, Farmer was only holding a cellphone.
Despite the video, the Police Department ruled Farmer's June 7 death justified, just as it had Sierra's other two shootings this year.
Latest Tyranny/Police State
- Massachussetts Cop Admits that Police Don't Really Care About Public Safety
- Want to Record The Cops? Know Your Rights
- Police Detective Arrested In Scheme To Steal Cocaine From Evidence
- Video: Armed National Guard Troops Patrol Residential Streets in California
- Documents: National Guard Ordered To Consider Americans As 'Enemy Forces' And 'Adversaries'
- Worse than Sandusky: School Cop Whose Job was to 'Protect' Students, Repeatedly Raped 22 Boys
- Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputy Indicted for Using Excessive Force and Filing False Report
- Video: Cop Shoves Innocent Man With Hands In Pockets Down Stairs, Lies About It, Keeps Job
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which in some cases has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for the purposes of news reporting, education, research, comment, and criticism, which constitutes a 'fair use' of such copyrighted material in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users.