Cop shoots unarmed man lying face-down on ground, police say shooting justifiedChris | InformationLiberation
From The Chicago Tribune:
In the video, Flint Farmer was lying on the grass between the curb and the sidewalk. It was shortly before 2 a.m. on a June morning in the West Englewood neighborhood, and Farmer had been shot by a Chicago police officer. Then, according to the video, the veteran officer, Gildardo Sierra, stepped onto the parkway and walked a semicircle about the prone Farmer as three bright flashes went off.Read the full story here, this is just the latest in a huge string of completely unaccountable killings.
The flashes, captured by a police car video camera, were fatal shots fired into Farmer's back, officials say.
That shooting was the third by the officer since January — and the second fatality in those six months, records show.
Sierra fired 16 shots at Farmer, hitting him seven times, autopsy reports show. A Cook County deputy medical examiner, after performing an autopsy and later reviewing the video, said the three shots in the back were the fatal wounds.
Sierra told investigators he feared for his life because he believed Farmer had a gun.
In fact, Farmer was only holding a cellphone.
Despite the video, the Police Department ruled Farmer's June 7 death justified, just as it had Sierra's other two shootings this year.
Latest Tyranny/Police State
- Man Arrested On Felony Drug Charge as Revenge For Lawsuit
- Pennsylvania Court Makes Dashcam Videos Public Record
- Cop Charged in 36 Counts of Rape Wants Taxpayers to Pay Defense
- School Cop Tells 16-Yr-Old Student He "Ruined His Life" By Smoking Pot Before Homecoming Dance, Student Commits Suicide
- Cops Dodge Warrant Requirement by Grabbing Two Weeks of Data, But Entering Only 6 Hours of It as Evidence
- VIDEO: Dashcam Refutes Cop's Story of "Fearing For His Life," Shows Him Taser Man For Parking Ticket
- Woman Called 911 to Report Stolen Wallet, Crazed Cop Showed Up and Beat Her Unconscious
- Use-of-Force Report Finds NYPD Completely Uninterested in Policing Itself
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which in some cases has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for the purposes of news reporting, education, research, comment, and criticism, which constitutes a 'fair use' of such copyrighted material in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users.