Article posted Feb 17 2011, 10:19 PM Category: Tyranny/Police State Source: CopBlock.org Print

Rapists with a Badge

by Paula Parmeley Carter, Cop Block

According to the 3rd Quarter Report of The National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project, police officers were accused of sexual assault at a rate of 79 per 100,000 law enforcement personal. That is over two times the rate in the general public (28.7 per 100,000). The fact that rapists seem to be concentrated among a group of armed individuals who have the purported authority to detain and arrest other individuals should be more than a little alarming for even the most prolific police bootlicker. In just the last month, several stories of officers committing disgusting crimes have been in the news.

A Miami-Dade police officer, Juan Carlos Rodriguez, was charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious molestation for fondling teenage girls during a traffic stop. After pulling over a vehicle, Officer Rodriguez told the driver to park behind a CVS pharmacy and ordered the five teenage girls inside to exit the vehicle. He then proceeded to touch all five of the girls’ breasts. Three of the girls were 16 and two of the girls were 14. During the investigation, it was concluded that these girls were most likely not his first victims.

A former Fredericktown, Missouri police captain and Boy Scout leader, Kenneth D. Tomlinson II, was sentenced to three consecutive life terms plus 22 years for sexual contact with two boys, beginning when they were 11 and 13 years old. Evidence presented at sentencing included videos from Tomlinson’s computer, including one taken in the shower at a Scout camp. Tomlinson’s attorney asked for a much lighter sentence of 20 years, citing Tomlinson’s many years as a police officer as one of the reasons that he should receive a shorter sentence.

A Houston Police Officer, Abraham Joseph, has been charged with an aggravated sexual assault that allegedly occurred while he was on duty. Officer Joseph has been accused of handcuffing a woman and then raping her on the trunk of his patrol car. He has now been implicated in five other sexual assault cases.

The city of Charlotte, North Carolina will pay a 17 year old victim of former police officer Marcus Jackson, $350,000 to settle her lawsuit against the city. Jackson is now serving a two year sentence for sexually assaulting six women while on duty. The 17 year old victim was assaulted during a traffic stop. She was told by Jackson that she would be written a ticket if she did not perform a sex act on him. Jackson was hired despite previous allegations of violence against women.

A now former Florida Highway Patrol Officer, Ariel Valentin, plead guilty to simple battery and official misconduct in a plea agreement to avoid a trial for sexual battery while in a position of authority. In doing so he avoided a possible 30 year sentence and instead will spend the next five years on probation. He also agreed to never seek employment in law enforcement again. The victim said that after being involved in a car accident, Valentin told the other driver that they could leave and then proceeded to tell her that he needed to search her. She agreed. He then said that he needed to search her further and suggested that they go to her home. There he coerced her into having sex. The victim said she had an expired registration and “was scared of going to jail.”

A Wisconsin state patrolman has been charged with sexual assault of a child for alleged assaults on a foster child in his care. The assaults allegedly began when she was 15 and continued until she was removed from the home this year. She is now 18.

A New Orleans, Louisanna police officer, Henry Hollins, was convicted of attempted aggrevated rape and second degree kidnapping in an apparent case of jury compromise. The victim testified that Hollins stopped her and put her in the back of his patrol car. He then took her to a warehouse and raped her. Hollins’ attorney called the victim a “whore” and “trash” during his closing arguments and pointed to her past criminal and sexual history as evidence that her testimony was unreliable. The prosecutor argued that her past criminal history is exactly why Hollins targeted her. The prosecutor also reminded the jury of the “portable sex kit” in the trunk of his patrol car. The “kit” included sex toys, unused condoms and a bag of used condoms.

A Provo Utah police officer, Jeffery Westerman, was sentenced to 180 day in jail and 3 years probation for fondling a woman in exchange for not arresting her. The incident occurred while Westerman was investigating a minor traffic accident involving two vehicles. He eventually told the other driver that they could leave and then, after performing a field sobriety test on his victim, said that she was intoxicated. He drove her car to a parking lot, searched it, and then told her she would be arrested on felony charges if she did not lift up her shirt so he could fondle her breast. The victim says that she complied because she feared arrest. She said, “If it was anyone other than a police officer I could have turned and walked away. I no longer feel safe in the presence of a police officer. I feel like I’m being stalked whenever I’m with a cop.” The sentencing judge said that “she literally had nowhere to run to. Where could her protection be found when her perpetrator was a police officer?” The victim’s father was disgusted when he learned that Westerman committed his crime while in uniform, calling him “a predator with a badge”.

How is woman supposed to protect herself from a “predator with a badge”? The weapon of choice for many of the above officers was their purported authority. When the perpetrator can threaten you with time in a cage, how likely are you to stand up for yourself? When the perpetrator is armed with a sidearm, pepper spray, a Taser and handcuffs, how is even the toughest person supposed to fight off unwanted advances?

Unfortunately, there may be few things you can do to protect yourself from a rapist with a badge. Even if you successfully resist an attack, you still may end up doing time for “resisting arrest” or assaulting a police officer. You may still be victimized. But, there is one weapon you have at our disposal to help prevent yourself from becoming a victim of a badged rapist; the video camera. Use it. Every time you interact with a police officer, you should record that interaction. If they want to know why you are recording them, tell them the truth, “I fear for my safety. You could be a rapist.”

- Video: Cop Arrests Subway Performer For Singing, Despite Cop Reading Aloud Rule Saying It's Permitted
- Video Shows Officer Coaxing Friendly Pets Closer With Kissing Noises Before Opening Fire
- Reading the Road Map to a Police State
- County Justifies Warrantless Raids Because Cannabis Plants Are An 'Immediate Danger'
- ISIS Cited as Michigan Village's Police Push for Secrecy
- FBI Director Demands Law to Give Cops Backdoor Access to Everyone's Private Data
- New Zealand Police Raid Home Of Reporter Who Embarrassed Gov't Officials & Was Working On Snowden Documents
- Police Chief Says Secret Service Told Them To Fake A Warrant

Posted: Feb 18 2011, 2:44 PM

70251 The problem with only recording accusations is that people have a reason to falsify accusations against police officers.

However, due to the rampant occurence of covering for fellow officers, convictions of sexual assault are not reliable indicators, either.

If you limit the general population down to adults between the ages of 22-65, you'd have a more reliable metric for the general populace. Under 20 years of age is 27.3% of the general US Population. People aged 65 and older are 12.8%. That reduces the number to 28.7/60,000, or 47.8/100,000. So we're getting there. Multiply that out by male/female imbalance in the police force - females make up approximately 14-15% of police nationwide. Since 99% of sexual offenders are male, and that is about 50% of the general population - we'd expect to see that there would be 95.6/100,000 accusations in a male general population, and we're seeing 92.94/100,000 accusations in a male police officer population. Therefore male police officers are being accused at a lower rate than a comparable male population, controlled for age and sex - 93 vs 95/100,000. And that is assuming a comparable quantity of false claims - which, as I mentioned above, you would not anticipate.

TL;DR This article is complete bullshit, and whoever wrote these statistics was clueless at best and intentionally dishonest at worst.

Posted: Feb 18 2011, 2:48 PM

98206 "Every time you interact with a police officer, you should record that interaction. If they want to know why you are recording them, tell them the truth, 'I fear for my safety. You could be a rapist.' "

This doesn't work in every state. In Illinois, both parties must consent to audio/video recording, and a police officer with shady intentions will most certainly NOT consent to being recorded.

Posted: Feb 18 2011, 3:52 PM

13194 Is there a link to the source report somewhere? I love aggregation like this, but the source report is what is necessary to make a compelling argument to other people.

Posted: Feb 18 2011, 5:32 PM

7223 How long before we the mundanes, when seeing the police coming, just start shooting and consider it self defense?

Posted: Feb 18 2011, 6:03 PM

65123 Video taping police can cause you to be placed under arrest under state wiretapping laws. There was a recent overturn in the state of Georgia, but not nationwide.

If they are willing to abuse their position, they are able to seize your video recording equipment (such as a cell phone) and prevent that footage from seeing the light of day.

Posted: Feb 19 2011, 11:32 AM

69171 Even if the stats are not correct, the fact that any person under color of law doing such things is a terrible crime twofold. First against the victim, secondly against society. I expect all law enforcement to act professionlly at all times. That is the target but it is not always met. I have no problems with law enforcemnt in general, they are just out doing their job.
Now if you live in a state where you supposedly cannot film and record law enforcement, those laws are illegal and you need to work to get those laws changed.
Mark Allen

Posted: Feb 20 2011, 2:30 AM

216188 How did you ever miss the story of "exemplary officer" Larry Pugh of the Jacksonville, Texas Police Dept. He had over 30 sexual assault complaints. The dept. discounted all of them calling him an 'exemplary officer', and the victims 'not credible'. If the victim was too vocal, they simply created instant criminal records for them to discredit them further. ONLY after an entire church saw Pugh beat a woman in the church parking lot was the FBI reluctantly forced to get involved due to the sheer number of witnesses. They charged him. Pugh bonded out and three witnesses disappeared. There bodies began turning up decomposed in the woods. Only when the belt broke on the fourth one that was wrapped around one woman's neck, did thois victim escape, and Pugh was re-arrested....but not charged with murder or attempted murder. The blue line runs DEEP in this neck of the woods and encompasses judicial officers as well. In fact, since then, Pugh's fellow sexual deviant accomplice and shield from prosecution, Police Chief Reece Daniels has been sued for sexual assault. But he was more clever. The woman settled out of court for a large amount of money and the withdrew the case. ...probably a better move for her than ending up dead. And the govt. sponsored crimes continue as normal in Jacksonville, Texas.
I can't really blame you guys for not reporting the story, because this, unfortunately, is not so uncommon with many police departments and judicial systems. They are recruiting from the lowest of gene and ethic pools.
Reverend Draco

Posted: Feb 20 2011, 10:55 AM

6466 "This is a fascinating statistical conundrum - but I would say it's a safe bet that these statistics are horribly misleading due to retributive accusations where no assault has occurred."

You're correct, sort of. . . I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that it's anywhere from 1.5-2.5 times the rate posted in the article - because people are afraid of retribution.

Something tells me your simply trying to avoid the fact that virtually every cop is, by definition, a Psychopath.

You Badge-worshipers crack me up sometimes. . .

Posted: Feb 20 2011, 3:30 PM

2419 Absolute power corrupts absolutely. These badge wearing thugs have been told they may act judge, jury, and executioner since 9/11 under the pretense that everyone is a possible terrorist. And they have been carrying out their new orders with cold efficiency. There was a stretch here about 6 months back where cops killed no less than 10 citizens over the span of about 8 weeks. Roughly 75% of sexual assaults go unreported and I would imagine the number of sexual assaults at the hands of police are drastically higher than that. If only 25% of the general populace is willing to report a sexual assault under "normal" conditions, what do you think the odds are that they would be willing to walk into the police station, most likely where their attacker works, and file a report? I'd wager it's pretty slim. If you're taken advantage of by the police, who can you go to for justice?

Posted: Feb 26 2011, 3:31 PM

490 The stats are correct.. Truth hurts.. !!!

I collect stories everyday, many are sex crimes againest women and children.. shame on you defending felons with a badge, you need to be arrested for your even defending. Instead of YOU having any compassion,
Fuc* the victims. your dues are due union boy...masonic freak !!

Posted: Feb 26 2011, 3:37 PM

490 I can easily say, without any after thought, 70% of victims are to fearful to report. SO while we are lowering %'s, lets see here... carry 0, add #456

..I get between 60-80 % of cops are corrupt OR will be in the future.
thats scary as hell !!!

Burn with your BREATHEN ..

Posted: Mar 04 2011, 6:27 PM

6412 I myself was a victim of officer rape. It is now past the statute of limitations in our state. I reported it to a sex crimes officer in MN and he told me not to report. I was seriously injurred and needed help, but I was terrified and told NOT to report as it would destroy my carreer and life. Meanwhile I have tried my best to get on with my life, but it has been extremely difficult and painful. I finally had a series of personal events which lead to a perfect storm for me to collapse. I was forced to take time off of work and finally got in touch with an excellent therapist. I have recently been dealing with this horrifying event and shown all the effects this horrid assault has had on me.
I didn't feel I could tell anyone and I lived in fear for years stuffing this in shame and fear. He was a MN Officer and beat the hell out of me and raped me many years ago. I think he is retired now, and there is the statute of limitations. My therapsit told me he was a mandated reporter but it was too long ago. Part of my shame is in that I could not report out of fear, and I could tell this wasn't his first offense at this. He had clearly done this before. My shame is that I wasn't brave enough, and couldn't save any other women he had done this too as well. That has been like an infection inside of me, festering.
Does anyone know IF there is anything that can be done AFTER the statute of limitations in MN with a police officer? He was giving me a ride to my car, but didn't. He beat me, humiliated me, and raped me. I am trying my best to heal and get over this, but it is a shame he got away with it. I am certain he has done it since. My heart bleeds for any other victim. He is a monster and an incredibly scarey man.
Any ideas? No rude comments needed please, I have been through enough...
Steve

Posted: May 11 2011, 3:04 AM

1840 @ Anonymous 6412 http://www.informationliberation.com/index.php?id=34433&comments=#25024

Raped "too long ago"?! That doesn't sound right!
There should be some women's or legal groups in your state who could use your help, or could maybe help you.
You are not alone with this type of 'problem,' "I wasn't strong enough." The shame should not be yours!

Posted: Sep 24 2012, 11:19 PM

75128 I had been following the news for several years about Corrupt Jacksonville Texas and the cities Dirty Law enforcement and police raping people, killing or literally knocking teeth out of people, those not killed filed suits and won against the city. Check out the archives of the paper called the Daily Progress. Makes one wonder if the Lawyers and Judges are of the same low integrity making big money off the backs of the innocent people of Cherokee County Texas. This is total control of innocent people at the max, this got my interest cause I like crime shows and stuff. By the news clips and documented proof of corruption in this police dept. Why is there not an internal investigation happening after this is going on so for long. Are the FBI agents themselves having dinners and social parties with the likes? Why the reluctance for the FBI to investigate, are the agents complacent and need to be replaced in that region? Who is the agent that was reluctant in Larry Pughs case why was this agent reluctant to do his or her job? That itself needs investigation and corrective action. I am not in Texas, and many of my friends are aware of the dirty deeds in what is called the Breaks of this East Texas town. This would make a great suspense movie. What a creepy lawless backwoods place, where apparently the Law Enforcement and County are economically oppressing the already oppressed people. I would never ever visit nor patronize the commerce in this scary place. Why would someone ever be stupid enough to take there family through such a place to have trumped up charges filed against them or have their Wives, or Daughters checked out for rape by thugs with a Badge. Why are fellow officers keeping such a code of silence to protect their fellow officers in crime. This is a disgrace towards upright good true officers who risk their lives every day for the good of the community. Shame on Jacksonville Texas Govt and it's dirty warks at the crossroads of 59 and 69, be ware stay safe stay away.