Article posted Jan 31 2011, 5:00 PM Category: Commentary Source: YouTube Print

Peter Joseph's Response to Stefan Molyneux [Zeitgeist: Moving Forward]

50 minutes of Marxist platitudes. (~7:50) He asks why should someone have to buy a cheap watch from the 99 cent store when they could simply get a "peak efficiency watch" (as determined by some bureaucrat). Again, this is like his idea that it's more efficient to grow crops in huge apartment buildings hanging the food upside down because it uses 75% less water. Totally ignored is the cost of the apartment building, the resources involved in building it, and the manpower involved in its construction which could be doing something productive but instead is being squandered by some communist central planner who thinks he knows best. The arrogance of central planning statists astounds me. - Chris, InfoLib

Update: There's also two-bit psychoanalyzing! Yay!

- The Index Card of Allowable Opinion
- Should Government Have the Power to Quarantine?
- Obama Appointee Supports Individual Rights
- Let the Market Contain Ebola
- The State as a Royal Scam
- Glenn Greenwald TED Talk: Why Privacy Matters
- "Crush the Seed of Ishmael": A "Final Solution" to the "Muslim Problem"
- The State Has No Right To Do Anything

Comments 21 - 33 of 33 Add Comment < Page of 2
Myway8020

Posted: Feb 20 2011, 10:32 PM

A Day in the Life of a Zeitgeist Car Salesman...

Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Welcome to the Zeitgeist Car Centre sir!
Mr Consumer: Hi there, my old car just clonked out on me. Now I am looking for a new car!
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Well, we can certainly accommodate you here my good man! What sort of car are you looking for?
Mr Consumer: Well, I am interested in purchasing a 4WD actually. For you see, me and my family spend a lot of time travelling the countryside and need something that can handle the rugged terrain.
Mr Consumer: Ah, I see. Sorry for insulting your sensibilities, how selfish of me.
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: That is OK, this is a voluntary car centre, you are free to leave whenever you like.
Mr Consumer: Fair enough, but why did those men and women dressed in white place those 100kg locks on the gates after I walked in?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Fear not my good man! Those locks are there for your own safety! They are designed to protect you from the evil corporations that are determined to pick at your poor, feeble, defenceless brain. You are safe in this place though, you can trust everyone in this place.
Mr Consumer: Great, it’s good to know there are people in this world whose first priority is to pursue my happiness; out there, everyone is just so selfish!
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: No problem, we have overcome all our individual problems here you see, so now we are in a superior position to overcome yours for you, and the rest of the world’s for that matter!
Mr Consumer: Great, so getting back to the car, does the Prius come in red?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: No, they only come in dark grey; all cars are equal in the Zeitgeist Car Centre.
Mr Consumer: I see. I have to commute a fair distance to get to work, so I spend a lot of time on the freeways. How does the Prius handle at 100km/h?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Oh no, I must tell you sir, all these cars are required to drive at precisely 50 km/h.
Mr Consumer: But what if I think I need to drive a little faster? I mean, driving a little faster is not all peaches and cream you know, it comes with more risk, stress and less free time; indeed, I have had a small accident or two driving at this speed, all while I watched my friends and neighbours enjoy the safety of driving at only 50km/h.
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Then you are a selfish, ego-driven megalomaniac who does not deserve the benefit of this fine car! Didn’t you hear me? All cars are equal in this place! If one car is capable of driving faster, then that car should be re-worked to make it drive at the same speed as the rest of the cars! It is only fair to the weakest car that we remould the strongest car in its image!
Mr Consumer: Ok, Ok. Yes you’re right; I was being selfish wasn’t I. But what if I want to drive a little slower than 50 km/h sometimes?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Ah, you see my good man; you won’t want to drive any slower! You will want to drive at precisely 50km/h; at all times, and under all circumstances.
Mr Consumer: I don’t get it, what will be my incentive for driving at precisely 50km/h?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Incentive? What is that then? Einstein didn’t need any ‘incentive’ to construct his theory of relatively! Therefore, it makes perfect sense that you, Mr Joe Six-Pack, would need no incentive to drive at precisely 50 km/h; at all times, and under all circumstances!
Mr Consumer: Ah, I see. Ok then, I’m sold! Can I take it for a test drive?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Most certainly not sir! Why you would need to do that, we are telling you how well it will work for you! That is all you need to know!
Mr Consumer: Well OK then, can I at least start the car to make sure the engine is OK? Where are the keys to the ignition?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: This fine car has neither keys nor an ignition. You just think to yourself, START! and low behold, the car will turn itself on.
Mr Consumer: Wow! That is amazing! How did you design a car which could do that?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: It was easy! We just extracted the global abundance from the stratified elements of a singular disposition and strategically analysed centrally planned access super codes then organically made scarcity obsolete with stratospheric 28th century universal super technology!
Mr Consumer: Wow, that is a real mouthful! I’ll tell you what, my friend is an automotive engineer, would you mind giving me the formula’s and equations you used to build this magical car; he would be very interested to see them. Of course, he will not be able to use your ingenious invention to his advantage, as they have these ridiculous things called anti-trust laws out there.
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Ah, again, you’re reading into things too much! I just told you how we did it in simple, concise terms! No one needs to know ridiculous details like that; that is just your capitalist disposition getting the better of you!
Mr Consumer: Ok then, I’ll take your word for it. This car looks different to most cars though, what is it made of?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: This car is made entirely of gold and platinum sir! It is built to last for 1,000,000 years!
Mr Consumer: Really! I don’t think I will be able to afford such a fine car! How much does it cost?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Cost!!! Don’t you realise where you are?!?!?! Nothing costs anything here!
Mr Consumer: C’mon, that is pretty hard to believe. I mean it must have taken a lot of time and energy to build a car like this. I mean, a lot of resources; natural, human and otherwise, must been involved in making such a fine car.
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: There was, but those once finite resources have magically become abundant and what’s more, in this place, machines and people toil day and night to provide you with the best car feasibly possible, all for no reward other than your happiness!
Mr Consumer: All right, I’ll take it!!!!
20 years later….
Mr Consumer: Excuse me my good man, but this car you ‘gave’ me projected itself off a steep cliff and onto some very sharp rocks! What’s more, after it had done this, it really took on a life of its own! It grew arms and legs and pinned me down for 20 odd years, during which I had to live off some moss that had accumulated on the very sharp rocks over the previous 100-150 years. I demand a refund!
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: I am sorry sir, but the Zeitgeist Car Centre went out of business some 19.99 years ago. It turned out our business model was, how shall I put it? - ‘imperfect.’ Yes - that’s the word I was looking for. But don’t worry, someday in the near future, when the computers are more sophisticated and you ‘people’ aren’t all so stupid and selfish, this fine idea of ours will work! But you must excuse me now! I have to jump over these 200 million corpses and find my way back home to collect my thoughts and start re-organizing society for you again!

Posted: Feb 20 2011, 10:58 PM

LOL, oh man Myway, that is too funny! Did you write that yourself? I want to post it as an article!

Posted: Feb 21 2011, 1:14 AM

10842 For the person screaming about UN Agenda 21..... UN Agenda 21 was only a foundation. You need to catch up. Go to soverignty.net.

For those of you that believe we must reduce the population to a controllable, I mean "sustainable" number of people....
GET FUCKING SERIOUS! Wouldn't the elite be changing their consumption patterens, if mankind was on the brink of extinction? Wouldn't the government end our oil-consuming, polution-creating, innocent-people-killing wars? Why is our government fucking with Kim Jong Il? He's only practicing the style of government, that you Progressive-idiots favor. He should be the poster-boy for the Socialist Party USA?

Myway 8020, you're brilliant.

myway8020

Posted: Feb 21 2011, 6:37 AM

Hey Chris, yeah I wrote it, thanks man. Feel free to use it in any way you wish :)

Posted: Feb 21 2011, 7:39 AM

Done and done! :)
Myway8020

Posted: Feb 21 2011, 7:37 PM

Hey Chris, I wrote that little sketch very quickly yesterday so I thought I would fix up some spelling errors etc in it today and add some more dialouge if you wanted to post it an an article. Thanks for the kind comments all :)

A Day in the Life of a Zeitgeist Car Salesman…

Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Welcome to the Zeitgeist Car Centre sir!
Mr Consumer: Well, I am interested in purchasing a 4WD actually. For you see, me and my family spend a lot of time travelling the countryside, and need something that can handle the ‘rugged terrain’.
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: A 4WD!!! My good man, how dare you blaspheme in the Zeitgeist Car Centre! We only sell Toyota Prius’ here. If you want a car from here, you are going to have to adjust your lifestyle accordingly! The Prius works! It does what is required of it. It will get you from A to B; (most of the time) – inaudible. I deride your ‘rugged terrain’!
Mr Consumer: Fair enough, but why did those men and women dressed entirely in white place those 100kg locks on the gates after I walked in?
Mr Consumer: Great, so getting back to the car, does the Prius come in red?
Mr Consumer: Really, well choice is overrated isn’t it – I might end up making a decision I regret, and then where would we all be? So what does the Prius run on – unleaded, premium, batteries, vegetable oil?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Ha Ha Ha! You foolish relic of a man! The Prius doesn’t run of any those things!
Mr Consumer: Well what does it run on then?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: It runs on your own sense of self-satisfaction about driving the Prius, my good man!
Mr Consumer: Really? But what if I think I need to drive a little faster? I mean, driving a little faster isn’t all peaches and cream you know; it comes with more risk, stress and less free time. Indeed, I have had a small accident or two driving at this speed, all while I watched my friends and neighbours enjoy the safety of driving at only 50km/h.
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: Incentive? What is that then? Einstein didn’t need any ‘incentive’ to construct his theory of relativity! Therefore, it makes perfect sense that you, Mr Joe Six-Pack, would need no incentive to drive at precisely 50 km/h; at all times, and under all circumstances!
Mr Consumer: Ah, I see. Ok then, I’m sold! Can I take it for a test drive?
Mr Consumer: Well alright then, can I at least start the car to make sure the engine is OK? Where are the keys to the ignition?
Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: This fine car has neither keys nor an ignition. You just think to yourself, START! and low behold, the car will turn itself on!
Mr Consumer: Wow, that is a real mouthful (of adjectives)! I’ll tell you what, my friend is an automotive engineer, would you mind giving me the formula’s and equations you used to build this magical car; he would be very interested to see them. Of course, he will not be able to use your ingenious invention to his advantage, as they have these ridiculous things called anti-trust laws out there.
Mr Consumer: C’mon, that is pretty hard to believe. It must have taken a lot of time and energy to build a car like this. I mean, a lot of resources; natural, human and otherwise, must been involved in making such a fine car.
Mr Consumer: All right, I’ll take it!!!!

20 years later….

Mr Zeitgeist Car Salesman: I am sorry sir, but the Zeitgeist Car Centre went out of business some 19.99 years ago. It turned out our business model was, how shall I put it? - ‘imperfect.’ Yes - that’s the word I was looking for. But don’t worry, someday in the near future, when the computers are more sophisticated and you ‘people’ aren’t all so stupid and selfish, this fine idea of ours will work! For you see, we are always here with you my good man, lurking in the shadows, waiting to pounce when you are at your weakest! What a good friend we are to you - weak, defenceless man! How did you get by without our ‘help’ for so very, very long? But you must excuse me now! I have to leapfrog over these 200 million corpses and find my way back home to collect my thoughts and start re-organizing society for you again!

Boadie

Posted: Feb 22 2011, 9:49 PM

71189 Zeitgeist EXPOSED!

Posted: Feb 23 2011, 3:04 AM

Thanks Myway8020! Indeed, I posted it front page! Laughed about it all day :)

Posted: Mar 17 2011, 7:50 PM

64126 Fear - fnny how you just dismiss new ideas based without much information. This has to be based on fear. There is much anger generated from fear. Anger is a breath away from violence sometimes less as in abusive speech...or is that violent too?
weird_one

Posted: Apr 20 2011, 11:35 PM

24231 Peter Joesph! doing work.
Stefan Molyneux, doing lurk.

Posted: Jun 15 2012, 4:33 PM

207216 if no one can see what the world has become then i fear we are all doomed i dont even know why there are people fighting this

its the truth get your heads out of your asses

they only want a better world for the future one where things arent destroyed and consumed where everyone is a slave to pay off government debt and enslaved by a few rich people

if that is the world u want keep on supporting this crap if not try thinking for yourself otherwise have fun with your microchips

sheep!!!
Luciano

Posted: Dec 06 2012, 11:38 AM

200198 How stupid and blind can people be?
This website is the major reason I think that people, no matter how well you show them the truth, will refuse to see it. How deep have them being brainwashed by this fucking system?!?!
You guys TOTALLY miss the point.
Peter Joseph is a GENIUS WAY ahead of his time.
Unfortunately, the future doesn´t look bright.
MyWay8020, You are so retarded.
You guys are unreal

Posted: May 20 2013, 9:12 PM

2755 Well said luciano. MyWay8020, you are so retarded it is unbelievable and Chris, by licking his crack so much for that nonsensical piece of drivel, you have just shown yourself to be even stupider than him/her.

"Hey Chris, yeah I wrote it. Thanks man...." This is the funniest post you will ever make. Had me in stitches, like a little kid who just got some credit for a lame joke he made up all by himself after thinking about it for hours/weeks... Then you actually take the time to correct spelling mistakes and re-post it.. Excellent!

This post proves that you don't understand the arguments put forward by TZM or TVP so there is really no point trying to reason with either of you.

I have never, ever felt the need to leave a comment on one of these pages before. Well done guys, you are truly special!
Comments 21 - 33 of 33 < Page of 2