Article posted Aug 01 2009, 4:46 AM Category: Brave New World Source: Examiner Print

Are the new FSC fire-safe cigarettes making smokers sicker than ever?

by Tima Vlasto

After lighting up are you experiencing more headaches, stomach cramps or a coppery taste in your mouth? Does your new FSC (fire-safe cigarette) taste bad, cause dry mouth and are you coughing more?

New York State was one of the first states to require that cigarettes be made with the new fire-safe paper. This paper is constructed by gluing two or three thin bands of less-porous paper together with an ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer emulsion based adhesive (carpet glue).

These papers have bands (see image) that act as speed bumps so if the cigarette is left unattended it will self-extinguish. The coalitions that passed these laws believe that these cigarettes would limit the number of cigarette fire deaths.

Though this law was passed in 2004, the number of deaths caused by fires from cigarettes hasn’t been greatly reduced, but complaints from smokers all over the U.S has multiplied.

Symptoms include:
Nausea, Sores in mouth and throat, Dry throat, constant headaches, extreme coughing, tightness in the chest, vomiting, body aches, pain in the abdomen and respiratory conditions including asthma and bronchitis.

The firesafecigarette.org website mentions a study by the Harvard School of Public Health:
“The report states, "The majority of smoke toxic compounds (14) tested were not different between New York and Massachusetts brands. Five compounds were slightly higher in New York brands. There is no evidence that these increases affect the already highly toxic nature of cigarette smoke." The research found the majority of toxic compounds were no different between the smoke of the New York and Massachusetts brands that were tested. Five compounds were slightly higher, but no evidence exists that the small increases affect the already highly toxic nature of cigarette smoke.”
Essentially what they are saying is that since cigarettes are already toxic, let’s make them more toxic.

The real numbers from the study are:
“The Harvard School of Health reported that when comparing NY Cigarettes (FSC) versus Regular Cigarettes, the FSC cigarettes produced 13.9% more Naphthalene and 11.4% more carbon monoxide than regular cigarettes. Naphthalene is commonly found in moth balls, and exposure in high amounts can result in headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, malaise, confusion, anemia, jaundice, convulsions, and coma. Therefore, it has been proven that FSC cigarettes contain higher levels of chemicals that are harmful to smokers.”
You can identify these packs of cigarettes by the FSC above the barcode. For now, over 30 states have enacted this law and soon the entire country.

...Continued

Latest Brave New World
- School Inoculates Third Grader in 'Vaccine Pilot Program' Without Parental Permission
- Parents told to vaccinate newborn or have him seized by the state
- Actress Denounced Over Refusal to Vaccinate Kids
- Vegas Residents Sign Petition to 'Lower Kids' IQs' with Fluoride
- Forced Medicine: The Philosophy Behind Fluoridation
- Former Marine claims military vaccines gave him brain damage
- Our Masters See Us As Cattle -- Or Guinea Pigs
- Veteran Class Certified in Drug 'Guinea Pig' Case

Comments 1 - 20 of 29 Add Comment Page of 2 >

Posted: Nov 03 2009, 4:13 PM

99161 thank your goverment for this .
14 years of smoking

Posted: Nov 06 2009, 5:47 AM

67236 I've been smoking for years, but I have never felt this bad. A deep raspy hacking cough. A congested chest that often keeps me up at night. Say what you will, but I felt fine before they started putting that crap in my cigarettes. The government is either trying to kill us, or force us to quit. I'm about done myself, I just can't handle the coughing and hacking anymore. FSC cigarettes are killing me.

Posted: Nov 06 2009, 7:00 AM

98231 They're total poison, it's unquestionable. Everyone I know is getting sick as hell off them, we've all had to start rolling our own.

Posted: Nov 16 2009, 8:27 AM

6841 Finally... answers to where the fing cough came from. It's scaring the hell out of me. Quitting, or trying now.

Posted: Nov 18 2009, 6:28 AM

72241 I've been smoking for twelve years and at this point i stocked up on the normal cigs, now my brother on the other hand has been smoking for 2 years but has been smoking the fsc cigs and trust me you see me and see him sometimes it sounds like he is dying. while I still act fine with an occasional cough which truthfully i feel is caused by the other stuff hint, hint.

Posted: Nov 23 2009, 5:51 PM

70130 I've noticed not all of them are indicated on the barcode but are printed in black at the bottom of the pack. I'm on my final FSC today, I'm going to start rolling my own.

Posted: Jan 06 2010, 6:38 PM

4246 I was rushed to the ER because I was so sick, they treated me for H1N1 with a shot and TAMIFLU it did not help. so then blood tests for everything from STD's to liver and kidney damage, still nothing, finally found out it was because of the new FSC cigarettes so after loosing over 60 lbs from being so sick, I now roll my own and am feeling much better...

Posted: Jan 06 2010, 11:15 PM

2431 the government is trying to kill us!!

Posted: Jan 06 2010, 11:17 PM

2431 they are trying to decrease the population and this is a way to do it!

Posted: Jan 11 2010, 2:52 PM

1276 Well, *I* will be quitiing in North caro;ona...! The new law (for FSC cgiarettes) went into effect Jan 1st of 2010 and I KNEW something was very wrong after just smoking one carton of the things... I can no longer even cough up the fleem and it has really affected my breathing and I feel sick to my stomach and also am having breathing problems like my lungs cannot get air...

Screw it...! *I* amd going to quit smoking... It took THIS to make me WANT to quit after smoking for 50 years... Never thought ANYTHING 'could' make me 'want to' stop smoking but THIS will most certainlt 'do it'...!
Corrected text from NC Anonymous

Posted: Jan 11 2010, 3:00 PM

1276 Well, *I* will be quitiing in North Carolina...! The new law (for FSC cgiarettes) went into effect Jan 1st of 2010 and I KNEW something was very wrong after just smoking one carton of the things... I can no longer even cough up flem (sp?) (affecting my lung capacity as my lings now seem to be full of congestion), it has really affected my breathing and I feel sick to my stomach and also am having breathing problems like my lungs cannot get air...

Screw it...! *I* amd going to quit smoking... It took THIS to make me WANT to quit after smoking for 50 years... Never thought ANYTHING 'could' make me 'want to' stop smoking but THIS will most certainly 'do it'...!
Terri Shaw(South Carolina)

Posted: Jan 17 2010, 3:10 PM

24197 I have been smoking for 15 years and I smoked my last cigarette a few minutes ago...or as much of it as I could, since my throat feels like I've been swallowing razor blades. I smoke Newports and greatly enjoyed the taste until the new FSC cigarettes rolled out here in South Carolina Jan.1 2010. I believe that the government has decided that smoking is so harmful and addictive and that they have the power to force big tobacco to put carpet glue, among other chemicles in our cigarettes with the end result being the death of big tobacco. I am ready to be free of Lorilard Tobacco and be able to hike and run and play with my kids without running out of breath. I want to smell better and be able to taste my food better. I personally am grateful to our government for standing up for our health.
Do not take this sh!t

Posted: Jan 19 2010, 7:24 PM

9871 I wish one o' you angry people would take upon yourselves to violently get our point across about this issue so I can read it in the news. Anyone been told they dont have long to live? You are the perfect candidate to put your foot(or guns and knives) up some stupid f*&^kers a$$. You cant reason with people that dont give a sh!t about you, just beat the almighty hell out of them and enjoy the satisfaction of seeing their stupid bloody body convulse on the ground. It is exhilerating to know that you have traumatized some former sure-of-themselves meddler into someone who will NEVER get in someone else's business again. The law is irrelevant, the unlawful rejects that say they uphold it wont be there to stop you, they'll just grandstand after it's all over, asking why did this happen. F all you wimp-a$$ smokers that do not agree. If more of you people had spine and would actually fight for what you want, we would not be getting poisoned by people who's a$$e$ I would wipe from reality if they tried to poison me in person.

Posted: Jan 28 2010, 1:58 PM

6412 Great for you Quitting in North Carolina. My husband and I quit in November of 09 when we read about the firesafe cigarettes here in Michigan and the Carpet glue and Napthalene its bad enough what we have been addicted to doing to our lungs for the last 45 years now I am so poed about what the cigarette manufacturers and hiding from us. What other secrets are there. People need to contact their congressmen in Washington and force RJW and the other manufacturers to start posting toxins on cartons and packs of cigarettes I know that there are too many to probably print them all but at least the majority of the worst ones and the others on the internet we do have the right to know Freedom of Information Act .
superdale

Posted: Feb 10 2010, 7:41 AM

74206 Just how much damage have they done, and what is yet to come ?

Why am I getting so upset, when all that it probably is, just a little bit of harmless, governmentally dispensed, genocide. Hmmmmmm... You know what, it's probably, just to be certain, we don't injure ourselves, right ?

You wanna know what else ? They've got it covered all the way around. If, you should fall over dead while consuming this super poisoned contraption and it creates a house fire, killing the rest of your family, you will be able to take solace . No one will ever blame it on your habit because, you were, indeed, using fire standard compliant smokes . Finally, the most ironic part of it all will be when, the fire inspector's report concludes that, you simply just fell asleep, during a house fire, of a new, mysterious and unknown origin.

But seriously, if you don't want to die many, many more times sooner than before, then you should do just as I did and vow to never smoke another FSC (fire standard compliant cigarette) . Alternatively though, I will,(especially now) continue to smoke tobacco in any form until it has been made entirely illegal . Also, if things don't change by that time, I will have considered this nation unfit for habitation by freedom loving individuals such as myself.

These new and much more effecient, liver killing, death sticks had me sick for 6 months ! I had no Idea what was causing it until January, 1, 2010. I almost died ! I already had a liver condition . Thanks for the "heads up" "big brother".

But wait, theres even more ! Do you feel a lump in your throat ? Is your chest on fire ? Having palpitations, overly accelerated pulse rate, insomnia, anxiety and/or mental depression ? Pulmonary edema , severe weakness, headaches, dizziness, kidney problems ? Are you having any symptoms of central nervous system depression, confusion, hoarseness, an inability to sleep in a horizontal posistion,and much , much more ?

When you get sick and you visit your Dr. he or she may have trouble diagnosing your condition . If so, just ask to be checked for ethylene vinyl acetate (carpet glue) and napthalene (moth ball) poisoning . Also, (this is important) don't forget to mention that you have been burning and inhaling it at, what are apparently, toxic levels !

I would like to thank nanny government and all of the great many social engineers who are working so hard on my behalf . Now , instead of taking up to what could have been decades to kill myself, I can use the new and improved, fsc death stick, and potentialy, do the job in as little as a matter of months.

But seriously, smoker's will now start to drop like flies, and you know what they will have to say , "Now you know, as we have already told you, smoking is very dangerous". I have been a smoker for 30 years and have never had any symtoms other than an occasional cough until, the stealthy introduction of the fsc's.

60 million, demonized and bullied US.citizens, may not seem to be that big of a percentage compared to the rest population but, 60 million people can completely blow the (always closed) doors from this crooked government and the rest of it's perverted, twisted , greedy, narcissistic, social engineers ! 60 million voters can create a heck of a large swing vote . If we will all speak together our voice will be, overwhelmingly loud. Let our voice not, go unheard ! Once again, let freedom ring !

Call , write or e-mail your state and federal representaives and don't forget to register and VOTE !

In case you haven't already done so, don't forget to sign and if you wish, leave a comment on the rather large and fast growing petition at,

Just in case, you are still a skeptical anti-smoker and don't believe any of this, then I dare you, (with your heart) to just read a few pages of the comments made. A lot of these unwitting victims of this atrocity will undoubtedly now have to suffer for life.

Wouldn't you expect to have been advised If the toxicity of your favorite medications , make-up or food additives you have come to depend upon, been increased, substantialy ?

Self destruction is human nature. You choose your vehicle, I will choose mine .

Disclaimer, I am not affiliated with any tobacco or nicotine product manufacturing, promotions, sales, shipping and/or otherwise.
eogz

Posted: Feb 10 2010, 12:47 PM

Hey guys,

smoke roll your own cigarettes. They are cheaper, more natural and they automatically extinguish before if unatended.

Plus there is far less chemicals in them than the factory made ones....

Smoke away!

Posted: Apr 14 2010, 12:41 PM

169139 I had to switch to fsc cigs in beginning of august 2009. By august 24th i could no longer smell or taste. Went to Mayo Clinic and they could not find anything. I haven't tasted a meal in 9 months. I know it is because of these cigs. Have a sore throat every day, sores in mouth,hoarseness . Please stop this.

Posted: Aug 18 2010, 4:27 PM

98115 I quit smoking for over two years, only to start up again 6 months ago. As soon as I started I had problems with sore throat, constantly clearing my throat, and the feeling of a lump in my throat that I couldn't clear. Also headaches every day. As the months passed the symptoms grew worse. I then had stomach nausea, and the feeling of not knowing if my stomach was full, hungry or nauseous. I was also having troubles swallowing, as if my throat was constricted. My doctor ordered a endoscopy of my esophogus, for fear of esophageal cancer. Nothing was found in my throat, esophogus, or stomach. The symptoms are getting worse, sometimes severe headaches, tired, irritable, deppression, and also diarrea. I feel as if I have some disease that is going to kill me.
Now they want to do a CT scan of my chest and a barrium swallow test. After reading about FSC's, I have new hope in getting to the bottom of this 6 months of hell. I have threw all my FSC cigarettes away and started rolling my own at the cigarette shop, which only takes 8 minutes to roll a carton, and the cost is only about $25.00 per carton. Hopefully this will help all my symptoms. I will follow up with everyone in a week or so to let you know if it helped.

Posted: Aug 31 2010, 7:09 PM

21651 When you start rolling your own, how long before the symptoms go away, I knew it was the damn FSC ciggs, now after knowing all this, I am tellling everyone that is why they are having sinus troubles as well, I would just love to smell and taste food again...

Posted: Sep 19 2010, 4:58 AM

24119 i think i am gonna die. god please forgive them for poisoning me.
Comments 1 - 20 of 29 Page of 2 >