The Drone That Killed My GrandsonBy NASSER al-AWLAKI
Jul. 18, 2013
Unhinged Lunatic Freaks Out On Trump Supporter, Says Trump is an Anti-Semite
Sweden's Migrant Crime Wave Becomes Top National Story As Media's Lies Backfire
'Trump Was Right': Migrants Riot, Loot, Fight With Police And Set Cars On Fire In Sweden
Berkeley Prof Robert Reich Blames Trump For Riot In Sweden
Women's March Mocked After Calling For 'Menstrual Equity'
SANA, Yemen -- I LEARNED that my 16-year-old grandson, Abdulrahman -- a United States citizen -- had been killed by an American drone strike from news reports the morning after he died.
The missile killed him, his teenage cousin and at least five other civilians on Oct. 14, 2011, while the boys were eating dinner at an open-air restaurant in southern Yemen.
I visited the site later, once I was able to bear the pain of seeing where he sat in his final moments. Local residents told me his body was blown to pieces. They showed me the grave where they buried his remains. I stood over it, asking why my grandchild was dead.
Nearly two years later, I still have no answers. The United States government has refused to explain why Abdulrahman was killed. It was not until May of this year that the Obama administration, in a supposed effort to be more transparent, publicly acknowledged what the world already knew -- that it was responsible for his death.