Patient Wakes Up Right Before Doctors Remove OrgansABC News
Jul. 11, 2013
Finland: Video Shows Fight Between Migrants & Locals, 15yo Finn Beat With 'Hard Object'
Video Shows African Flash Mob 'Flash Rob' Restaurant in Italy
WATCH: The Truth About the Syrian Boy Viral Photo
WATCH: Sudanese Muslim Refugee Shot After Beating Woman, Cop With Stick -- Media Ignores
Michigan: Illegal Immigrant Arrested for Public Masturbation, 'Biological Evidence' Recovered
This is why you should hesitate before saying you're willing to be an organ donor. Thanks to our idiot overlords there's no free-market in organs, therefor there are huge shortages and black markets, which means extremely high prices and a huge incentive to let you die or even kill you. - ChrisIt was exactly midnight when Colleen Burns eerily opened her eyes and looked at the operating lights above her, shocking doctors who believed she was dead and were about to remove her organs and donate them to patients on the transplant waiting list.
[...]According to the report, doctors had inaccurately diagnosed Burns with irreversible brain damage and ignored nurses who'd noticed signs that Burns was improving: She curled her toes when touched, flared her nostrils and moved her mouth and tongue. She was also breathing on her own even though she was on a respirator.
Burns was initially found unresponsive and surrounded by empty bottles of Xanax, Benadryl, a muscle relaxant and an anti-inflammatory drug on Oct.16, 2009, according to the report. She was hypothermic and had a weak pulse, but she was alive.
In the St. Josephs emergency room, doctors performed toxicology tests and determined Burns was suffering from a multidrug overdose, according to the report. She was unresponsive and put on a ventilator.
Poison control specialists recommended using activated charcoal to stop Burns' body from absorbing the drugs, but it never happened, according to the report. Doctors couldn't get the tubes into her body. As a result, the HHS report concluded, it's possible Burns continued to absorb the pills she'd ingested, but doctors never did more toxicology testing to find out.