Parents of Walnut Creek man shot to death by police file $15 million lawsuitContraCostaTimes.com
Jan. 31, 2013
1.ADL Targets Trump: Saying "America First" is Anti-Semitic
2.VIDEO: Crazed Feminists Harass Man For Filming "Whiteness History Month" Presentation
3.The Guardian Says Correcting People On Their Grammar Is Racist
4.Video: Black Man Waves Guns, Jokes About Shooting Racist Whites At Student Protest
5.Hysterical Bloomberg Columnist: Trump's 'America First' Speech Reminiscent of 'Nazi Era'
6.Video: Mexican Flag-Waving Anti-Trumpers Beat Trump Supporters, Attack Vehicles
7.Human Errors & Technology Failures Led to Msf Hospital Strike in Kunduz - Centcom
8.VIDEO: This Is What a Social Justice Warrior Looks Like
WALNUT CREEK -- The family of a hairdresser killed by Walnut Creek police last month is seeking $15 million in a wrongful-death suit filed against four members of the police department, alleging the 22-year-old man was shot after officers tripped and fell over one another.
Anthony Banta Jr. was killed Dec. 27 when officers say he charged them with a knife after a fight with his roommate in their Creekside Drive apartment. A lawsuit filed Jan. 24 in U.S. District Court in San Francisco maintains the altercation had ended by the time police arrived and that Banta was not armed. The lawsuit says that one officer fired in a panic after reacting to the other officers tripping and falling behind him, and that other officers also opened fire.