Did Merck's Gardasil Vaccine Kill a 3 Year-Old Toddler?Cassandra Anderson
Jul. 18, 2012
1.Trump is Right: GOP Debate Audience is Packed Full of Republican Donors
2.'15-Yr-Old Boy' Who Killed Swedish Social Worker Is Actually Somali-Born Adult
3.Ted Nugent Replies 'Eat Me' to Critics of 'Anti-Semitic' Gun Control Post
4.VIDEO: Australian Feminist Politician Gets Told Off After Accusing Opponent Of 'Mansplaining'
5.Caught On Camera: Preacher Cited by Officer Because It's "Illegal to Offend People"
6.Man Says He Was Fired After Pulling Gun in Gun-Free Zone to Save Woman's Life
7.'Bagged For Life': Comedy Video Mocks UK Bag Tax
8.'They're Kicking Me Out The Door': Rotary Club Cuts Jeb Off During Speech
In June 2012 Chace Topperwein, an adorable 3 year-old boy from New Zealand, lost his battle with a rare and aggressive form of cancer. Chace was accidentally given Merck's Gardasil HPV when he was 6 weeks old; a vaccine that is intended to prevent cervical cancer from genital wart infection. A nurse mistakenly used the wrong syringe filled with Gardasil when she had meant to give the baby a meningitis vaccine.
Chace was diagnosed with myeloid leukemia at age 2 and died just last month. His devastated parents suspected that the Gardasil vaccine was to blame for his illness.
Merck does not list leukemia as a possible side effect of the Gardasil vaccine. However, Merck has failed to test its vaccine for links to cancer.