Did Merck's Gardasil Vaccine Kill a 3 Year-Old Toddler?Cassandra Anderson
Jul. 18, 2012
Christian Refugee Returns to Syria: 'I Was Scared When I Saw How Many Refugees Openly Pledged to ISIS'
Orban: 'The Youth of Western Europe Will Live to See When They Become a Minority in Their Own Country And Lose the Only Place in the World to Call Home'
California: Woman Fakes Car Trouble, Has Armed Kids Rob Good Samaritan Who Stopped to Help
CNN: ICE Deporting Illegal Aliens is Similar to the Holocaust
College Ditches 'Crusaders' Mascot For Fear of Offending Muslims
In June 2012 Chace Topperwein, an adorable 3 year-old boy from New Zealand, lost his battle with a rare and aggressive form of cancer. Chace was accidentally given Merck's Gardasil HPV when he was 6 weeks old; a vaccine that is intended to prevent cervical cancer from genital wart infection. A nurse mistakenly used the wrong syringe filled with Gardasil when she had meant to give the baby a meningitis vaccine.
Chace was diagnosed with myeloid leukemia at age 2 and died just last month. His devastated parents suspected that the Gardasil vaccine was to blame for his illness.
Merck does not list leukemia as a possible side effect of the Gardasil vaccine. However, Merck has failed to test its vaccine for links to cancer.