Article posted Jun 27 2012, 11:51 PM Category: Resistance Source: YouTube Print

Law Student Puts Cop In His Place After Being Unlawfully Stopped For Carrying A Gun In Maine

"I was detained by Portland PD officer on 26MAY2012. He detains me without suspicion of any criminal activity in violation of Delaware v Prouse. He admits his sole reason for stopping me is my legally carried firearm in violation of US v DeBerry. He seizes my weapon with no reasonable suspicion that I've committed a crime in violation of Terry v Ohio. He demands my ID without reasonable suspicion in violation of Hiibel v Nevada"

Latest Resistance
- Citizen Pulls Over Cop, Demands ID, Gets It. Lets Cop Off with Verbal Warning
- D.C. Council Member Recommends Disarming the Police
- Should We Just Follow Orders? Rules of Engagement for Resisting the Police State
- The Death Of James Traficant
- Presence of Armed Citizen Prevented More Death Says Oklahoma County Sheriff
- Apple Will No Longer Unlock Most iPhones, iPads for Police, Even With Search Warrants
- Call the Anti-Police: Ending the State's "Security" Monopoly
- This Citizen Gives a Cop a Taste of What Police Harassment Feels Like

Posted: Jun 28 2012, 6:19 AM

71194 If this were in Chicago the bully cops would have beaten that guy half to death. Portland, Maine is looking very good!

Posted: Jul 01 2012, 11:12 PM

50135 These types of videos, where someone carries openly and then has a "smart" conversation with police wherby the perp appears arrogant and self-serving, are likely psy-ops. They are designed to turn people against gun owners. The people depicted in the vids always come off as arrogant assholes, which appears intentional.

The end result is that the viewer thinks that all gun owners are assholes and need their guns taken away from them.

Works like a charm.

Posted: Jul 03 2012, 2:58 AM

10864 This was absolutely inspiring. However, this dude needs to be careful. While technically he was right, the cop could have come up with RAS just because he was being so rude. RAS only is 15-30% suspicion that a crime is afoot. This dude could be standing on a corner with his open carry looking suspicious and that would be enough. Bottom line: This COP didn't know the law. But trust me, if there wasn't a video camera there, that story would have ended differently and that will NEVER happen to that rookie again.

OK so...here's the deal....not all police officers are jerks. I did a ride along for my class and these guys put their lives on the line every day for people. I love you Chris, but your website is very unbalanced. Seriously, it is unnerving to see someone with a gun open carrying especially in the days of people shooting people everywhere these days.

That being said...this guy was amazing. GOD BLESS HIM FOR HIS COURAGE. But when I am in a pinch.....and I need help...I call 911. Respect must be shown for the MILLIONS of police officers who DO NOT break the rules. And for those that do, GOD BLESS CHRIS for collecting all of the information about this small group of BAD COPS. (less than 1%)
PAX AUT BELLUM

Posted: Jul 05 2012, 7:28 PM

74178 The officer acted ultra vires,beyond the scope and powers of the executive branch and of his office,he committed trespass upon the man open carrying in atleast 4 areas which the subject listed, one knows the law and one does not.The ignorant one swore an oath to uphold and enforce law which he is ignorant of. I am a former Deputy and I feel much safer with my countrymen,my kinsmen being armed, it keeps my governement from becoming tyrannical and oppressors of the People,the real power and sovereign authority from which all government acts. I only wish there were more like this man. The 2nd Amendment exerscise protects and enforces the 1st Amendment. Join me at Oathkeepers dott orgg, you don't have to be a police officer , or military to do so. Support their latest film endeavor to educate the masses entitled "Molon Labe"
Domnald

Posted: Mar 02 2013, 11:05 AM

2463 Meanwhile, some asshole with a gun is holding up a store. The policeman, trying to ensure public safety, s engaged in a senseless, self-serving discussion with a smartass law student who, in all likelihood, be the first to sue the police if they don't respond to HIS problems in a timely manner. Don't waste the cop's time with acts intended to draw attention only for the purpose of putting the cops on the spot. Besides, this half-assed STUDENT will be shuffling burgers I two years and praying the cops are out there protecting him from the robbers who frequent fast food joints.

Posted: Mar 02 2013, 5:35 PM

7567 UGH. This pisses me off so much. The kid had a video camera ready to tape the cop and clearly had just studied these laws, so obviously he was expecting this to be the cop's reaction. I'm assuming he was just trolling for this attention by openly walking down the street with his gun and trying to get people to call the cops. The cop may have been illegally asking for his ID, but only in the interest of public safety. He wasn't an asshole or argumentative like the kid was. I'm all for the second amendment and carrying guns (my family owns three), but this kid was just looking for attention and trying to scare people just to embarrass a good-intentioned cop.

Video: Cop Arrests Subway Performer For Singing, Despite Cop Reading Aloud Rule Saying It's Permitted - 10/20Police Officer Blames Everyone Else But Police Officers For The Public's General Distrust Of Law Enforcement - 10/21Chicago Cops Loot Taxpayers For Settlement After Beating Woman During Raid; Video 'May Inflame Jury' - 10/2133 Police Officers Fire 600 Bullets into Car Knowing It Contained a Hostage - 10/21South Carolina Town Ordered to Pay Nearly $100,000 for Hiring Cop with Troubled Past who Ended up Killing Mayor - 10/21SWAT Officers Wrongfully Detain This Man For Filming in Public, Then it Gets Really Infuratiating - 10/22Either Praise the Police, or Shut Up - 10/22Obstruction Convictions Uncover Recordings of LA Sheriff's Dept. Officers Threatening FBI Agents And Federal Witnesses - 10/22